MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was that when the juror got ill mid morning? I missed the first hour or so? Xx

I really don't know when, but I've seen several attorneys in the media discussing this same subject about George's case.

They said they hoped the prosecution didn't show the videos over, and over again because the jurors could become desensitized by seeing the same thing over, and over again.

Jmho

This is so hard to watch. And that little Tao guy..

Witness has just been asked to identify object on ground at 20:21 in bodycam video. Response was: it’s a bodycam!

Video continues

Officer lane just asked at 20:23 should we roll him on side, worried about air.. Couldn’t hear response..

20:24 think he’s passed out

20:25 response to crowd “he’s breathing”

This trial is over, wish they had charged him with 1st degree.
All of them really.
Playing Devils advocate here.... how so? Why 1st degree? Why murder at all?

Police are attempting to get GF into police car. They do not appear aggressive... offer to open window for Floyd. Repeatedly ask him to get in. GF is flailing... he is a large man... 3 officers are having difficulty getting him to comply.

I’ve watched the full body cam video several times. Yes.. it is very disturbing to watch. But I do not understand how you can say the officers are guilty of first degree murder.

This is really a simple case for which there is no defense--
so the defense has to cook up phony defenses to attempt to distract
the jury --It is a shame Chauvin didnt just man up and take the
punishnent he deserves---

The more I watch it the more I feel like he was scared and not resisting in the strict sense of that word. I feel like there was drug addict bias on the part of the officers that made them contemptuous towards him and maybe devalue him as a person. He’s frothing at the mouth. They found the pipe. He’s erratic and emotional. JMO.

Tao asking “what do you want?” irks my soul so much.

Honestly, I can’t watch that again. And as someone with ptsd and anxiety, I put myself in GF’s position as I watched Lane’s body cam footage. I would have reacted the same way he did and I’m a woman. I’d have said I have ptsd please don’t put me in there. I’d have begged the same way George did because once you are triggered, it’s very very hard to come out of that state never mind whilst being forcefully restrained. He is clearly panicked from the start. He states he isn’t resisting and you know what? I believe him. He was having a panic attack and DC restricted his breathing continuously for 9 minutes, killing him. You see GF go limp, he is unresponsive for a LONG time and no one checks his vitals. The crowd aren’t rowdy or ‘mob’ like atall. This is footage of a murder. Nothing less. MOO

I think I see parts of these videos quite differently to many of you. I am seeing a highly distressed man (for an unknown reason at this point in the trial) acting erratically and ultimately resisting arrest. I'm not sure what I would have done to de-escalate tbh - maybe just let him sit on the sidewalk instead of trying to force him in the car I guess...

I think Chauvin's actions are different though for sure. Not all of the officers on scene are fully culpable IMO. There are reasons why the arrest was difficult that weren't the officers fault.

I understand defence bringing up to many of the witnesses that they were only on scene for short time of the whole incident.

The bodycam footage from Officer Lane shows for the majority of the time he was not kneeling GF. He states "I'm just concerned about airway". About what drugs he was on. He wanted to roll GF over. I think it may be Chauvin that resisted those calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd