Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Can we please refrain from labeling these cases as "favorites". This was and is a traumatic event for Evelyn and her family. Let's not use words like we're talking about a movie or TV show. Let's all have some tact here.

Just a few words of clarification. I didn't mean to be tactless. It was just unfortunate wording. What I meant is that this case was always on the top of the list of cases I wanted to see solved in my life time, especially since there where some indication that she was (by alleged origin) from the country I am coming from.

Dearest Evelyn you were so young and had your whole life ahead of you. Your heartless killer will now have to pay for what he has done. You are no longer silenced. Today you are free. Today you are no longer Beth Doe but Evelyn Colon. May you and your sweet baby girl finally RIP and your family finally have closure. You have been in all of our hearts and will forever stay there.

Our suspect (if it is him) apparently was a pretty bad criminal already at the tender age of 19... kidnapped a child with his girlfriend (NOT Evelyn) and another couple for ransom money.... December 1975... Union City Girl, 9, Is Safe and Ransom Is Found as 4 Are Held in Kidnapping (Published 1975)
Nice dude, if that is indeed him. I wonder why Evelyn fell for him.
Just speculation but I also wonder whether the other girlfriend had something to do with the murder, I mean, Evelyn got pregnant fairly recently after that.

Our suspect (if it is him) apparently was a pretty bad criminal already at the tender age of 19... kidnapped a child with his girlfriend (NOT Evelyn) and another couple for ransom money.... December 1975... Union City Girl, 9, Is Safe and Ransom Is Found as 4 Are Held in Kidnapping (Published 1975)
Just speculation but I also wonder whether the other girlfriend had something to do with the murder, I mean, Evelyn got pregnant fairly recently after that.

What a complete crazy guy I hope they put him under the jail.

I've often wondered if the fire at the former Carbon County Poor House was more than just coincidence. The call came in at 12:30am on 12/20/76 - 16 hours before the suitcases and bodies were found. A fire is a good way to get rid of evidence. (wild speculation here).

Ironically, the Poor House Cemetery is where Beth & Baby are interred.

31 Dec 1969, - at Newspapers.com

Date on link is incorrect. The actual clipping is from Standard-Speaker
Hazleton, Pennsylvania

21 Dec 1976, Tue • Page 12
Yes I have posted about that in the past. Now wondering if the killer had some connection to the poor house.

And if you search the name of the female suspect from that article you can quickly see she is still Facebook friends with evelyns alleged killer!

RE Luis also being in a kidnapping prior to the murder -- which looks to be a highly likely case, although the ages are just slightly off (the article says that the Luis who committed the kidnapping was 19 on December 13, 1975, while Luis, Evelyn's killer, was 19 around December 20, 1976, which is when he murdered Evelyn, although that is not a major discrepancy by any means)

I've always had a hunch that whoever killed Evelyn was on the younger side when they did it, making it likely for them to still be alive after so many years to face justice, but I just wonder how many other people Luis may have victimized (not necessarily killed) over the last 45 years. It looks like he has a penchant for serious and violent crimes, and he started young. I can't even imagine.

RE Luis also being in a kidnapping prior to the murder -- which looks to be a highly likely case, although the ages are just slightly off (the article says that the Luis who committed the kidnapping was 19 on December 13, 1975, while Luis, Evelyn's killer, was 19 around December 20, 1976, which is when he murdered Evelyn, although that is not a major discrepancy by any means)

I've always had a hunch that whoever killed Evelyn was on the younger side when they did it, making it likely for them to still be alive after so many years to face justice, but I just wonder how many other people Luis may have victimized (not necessarily killed) over the last 45 years. It looks like he has a penchant for serious and violent crimes, and he started young. I can't even imagine.
I am starting to wonder if he is involved in the case that brought me to this one. When I was a kid in the 1990s somebody murdered a woman and stuffed her into suitcases in my hometown of Downingtown Pennsylvania. As an adult I was looking up information on this case when I came across Evelyn's case. Since then I have focused on Evelyn's case.

Wow....kind of speechless that you finally have a name. Good work.

Godspeed Evelyn and little baby girl.
images

Sincere condolences to your loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member