GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

Another young soul lost to what will most likely turn out to be another, already convicted sex offender. RIP Breasia, knowing your killer will pay for what was done to you.

Hopefully there was enough evidence to tie the person responsible to the crime.

I never followed the case early on, what did Dinkins girlfriend have to say about what Dinkins was doing during the time frame in which Breasia disappeared? Did she mention if he left the apartment that night or early the next morning and take Breasia with him or did she sleep right through it and Breasia was gone when she awoke?

JMO

Very sad update: The Davenport PD is doing a live press conference to announce that the body found in the pond outside DeWitt has indeed been positively identified as Breasia Terrell. At least now she can be laid to rest.

I also hope we can find out what happened to her in the meantime, and whoever was involved be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Fly high with the angels, Breasia.

:(

Another young soul lost to what will most likely turn out to be another, already convicted sex offender. RIP Breasia, knowing your killer will pay for what was done to you.

Hopefully there was enough evidence to tie the person responsible to the crime.

I never followed the case early on, what did Dinkins girlfriend have to say about what Dinkins was doing during the time frame in which Breasia disappeared? Did she mention if he left the apartment that night or early the next morning and take Breasia with him or did she sleep right through it and Breasia was gone when she awoke?

JMO
The only repeatable statement made in MSM attributed to Dinkins girlfriend is - she told LE he had been living at the east 53rd apartment for a month. That address did not match his RSO address, so they were able to arrest him.

The circumstantial evidence is hopefully enough to get a conviction, keeping my fingers crossed.

The only repeatable statement made in MSM attributed to Dinkins girlfriend is - she told LE he had been living at the east 53rd apartment for a month. That address did not match his RSO address, so they were able to arrest him.

The circumstantial evidence is hopefully enough to get a conviction, keeping my fingers crossed.
Such sad news though I am sure most of us knew in our heart this would be the outcome. I fear that after all this time there will be no physical/DNA evidence. But I am hopeful that the location plus people in Dinkin's "sphere" - for example his girlfriend - will grow a conscience and refute his alibi. Or giving her the benefit of the doubt, she was frightened of him and will feel safer if she knows he is facing a long prison sentence. LE does seem committed to this case - and a circumstantial case may be all that there is here. Perhaps a grand jury can be convened with would compel various witnesses to testify. Perhaps Breasia's brother has some helpful information. My biggest worry is that there isn't rock solid evidence and he won't be convicted. But come on, Breasia didn't walk all that way.

The presser yesterday was heartbreaking. I’m sorry but I’ve forgotten the name of the man speaking, I think it was the police chief of Davenport. I think he along with most all of us expected the results of yesterday, but the impact of the long last months was real and evident.
Now, they can move forward with evidence collection and hopefully charges soon.

I hope this will also encourage any other possible victims of HD to come forward. And I pray for his prior victims. If those prior victims had not reported HD look where this case would be...... now, that is a scary thought.

So sad. I’m always so torn when news like this comes out. Breasia can finally be laid to rest and her poor family can try to begin to pick up the pieces of their lives that shattered when she disappeared. I hope they have the support they undoubtedly need.

Agreed. It’s beyond sad. I feel for her mama as well. I just can’t seem to get over how she could allow her precious, innocent daughter to go over, and stay over, at Dinkins house to begin with. I think Breasia was trying to be the best sister and look out for her brother, but I’m still so frustrated at this whole situation and can’t wait for the day Dinkins will have to answer for what he’s done. I stand by what I have always said; Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. That is a fact. Here’s two articles (being nice and don’t include his past history) as a reminder of what a great guy Dink is:

Henry Dinkins pleaded not guilty to three sex-offender charges. If convicted, he could face enhanced sentencing as a habitual offender | Local Crime & Courts | qctimes.com - Henry Dinkins pleaded not guilty to three sex-offender charges. If convicted, he could face enhanced sentencing as a habitual offender

Breasia Terrell: Trial set for Henry Dinkins in Scott County, Iowa - Breasia Terrell: Trial set for Henry Dinkins in Scott County, Iowa

From the first article:
"Dinkins is now charged with three counts of sex offender registration violations." Her Mom may not have had any idea of his status, especially since 3 times he's failed to register?? Further, some criminals (of all backgrounds) can be extremely convincing. In no way is it the Mom's fault. It's incumbent on the sex offender to comply with the rules of his/her probation and not to re-offend.

From the first article:
"Dinkins is now charged with three counts of sex offender registration violations." Her Mom may not have had any idea of his status, especially since 3 times he's failed to register?? Further, some criminals (of all backgrounds) can be extremely convincing. In no way is it the Mom's fault. It's incumbent on the sex offender to comply with the rules of his/her probation and not to re-offend.
THIS 100%
NOT her mother's fault! There are numerous understandable reasons why her mother might not have seen him as a threat whatsoever.
Cannot imagine what her mother is even feeling right now :(
moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88