UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we need to read between the lines a little here. Comments made by her sister suggested that some family members did not approve of some of the people Claudia were involved with so Claudia stopped speaking to them about them.
Perhaps Claudia's had a closer relationship with her father.
I know it suits the agenda of many to believe CL was not close to her mother and was extremely close to her father. My personal opinion is that she had a perfectly happy and healthy relationship with both parents. If JL thought CL wouldn't wear those slippers then she knew her daughter well enough to make that judgement. Furthermore, SC confirmed she bought the slippers for CL as a bit of a joke.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

We know that there are a lot of details surrounding this case that cannot be made available to the public. People in Heworth are not speaking.
Is it fear or is or is there a legal reason why they cant.

These are my opinions only.. others may have different opinions.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rereading this article by Patrick Barnam : where and why was there widespread speculation that a new boyfriend abducted Claudia ? And this was in spite of the fact her close friends insisted Claudia had no boyfriends at the time !We know this was not true .And there is no smoke without fire meaning the speculation ( about her being abducted by a new boyfriend) must have started IMO by someone in the know !
Do you have anyone in mind? I guess it was a colleague from the uni. He reported it to Crimestoppers before he went public about it on tv imo

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

... slow the speed of the video down and keep your eye on the traffic light an the left as the bus approaches.

This is not enhanced in any way just a screen shot from the video.
Why is the figure climbing the traffic lights.
There is a camera mounted on the top of the traffic lights seen on the Google street walk map in aug 2008 was he going to try to disengage it?

Screen shot of figure climbing traffic light, for those interested in cctv footage you may want to download it in case at some stage it ceases to exist
upload_2021-4-1_18-33-49.png

heres a 2008 daylight shot of the traffic light and crossroads.

Google Maps

Do you have anyone in mind? I guess it was a colleague from the uni. He reported it to Crimestoppers before he went public about it on tv imo
I wonder if he told crime stoppers first ... way before the first year anniversary ?!

Off in a slightly different direction but I wondered if you had 1-2 questions to pose to the cold case team what would they be?

perhaps we could start a list if you feel there is benefit, could also be WS members may have the answers....
My top questions:

1) From the CCTV footage taken from the Melrosegate post office which was suggested initially as being of CL on the morning of the 19th. Was this footage from the 19th and were the persons identified and interviewed?
2) was the car parked outside number 46 in front of the Ford Ranger on the night of the 18th ever identified?

Any questions you would care to share that you would like to put forward?

Off in a slightly different direction but I wondered if you had 1-2 questions to pose to the cold case team what would they be?

perhaps we could start a list if you feel there is benefit, could also be WS members may have the answers....
My top questions:

1) From the CCTV footage taken from the Melrosegate post office which was suggested initially as being of CL on the morning of the 19th. Was this footage from the 19th and were the persons identified and interviewed?
2) was the car parked outside number 46 in front of the Ford Ranger on the night of the 18th ever identified?

I guess we should make a note of questions asked to avoid repetition.

My top questions:

There's more questions than answers.
1) who was in the nags head on the evening of the 18th March 2009 - did anyone leave at approx 7.10pm - 7.15pm matching alleyway mans description?
I could write an essay of questions. I wonder if we were choosing a horse who we'd all back ?

My top questions:

The answers to both questions is Yes !
IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... slow the speed of the video down and keep your eye on the traffic light an the left as the bus approaches.

This is not enhanced in any way just a screen shot from the video.
Why is the figure climbing the traffic lights.
There is a camera mounted on the top of the traffic lights seen on the Google street walk map in aug 2008 was he going to try to disengage it?

Screen shot of figure climbing traffic light, for those interested in cctv footage you may want to download it in case at some stage it ceases to exist
View attachment 290934

heres a 2008 daylight shot of the traffic light and crossroads.

Google Maps[/QUOTE]
I'm seeing the person, who is climbing. What does all this mean, fGs? There have to be news in the papers about incidents on the streets, if there were more people on their way this night than every other night and if they behaved strange. Some hooligans there because of a football game (only) on TV? But I can't find anything. So I'm lost and I don't know, which connection to CL to think about.
In researching the case I am at stage #1, if not #0, I fear. ;) I'm glad to see, that other members have reached a different stage already and I will follow them willingly.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread required a major cleanup of TOS violations, primarily posts based on rumor.

There could be 100 people on social media all thinking they saw Claudia, but unless LE has verified such sightings, they are nothing more than rumor.

Members need to read Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules) they all agreed to upon registering. If members can’t abide by those rules, they will lose their posting privileges.

Websleuths does not allow rumors or social media screenshots or sleuthing and discussing random individuals. To publish someone’s name and information on Websleuths and discuss them as a potential POI is irresponsible.

Rumor posts and all responses emanating from them get removed (unless Moderators can easily edit to retain context, which generally they are not able to do).

Last edited:
There's more questions than answers.
1) who was in the nags head on the evening of the 18th March 2009 - did anyone leave at approx 7.10pm - 7.15pm matching alleyway mans description?
I could write an essay of questions. I wonder if we were choosing a horse who we'd all back ?

In respect of the Alleyman has anyone ever contacted NYP re a discription of alleyman.. If nothing else were they able to confirm an approximate height of the male.
Im talking about the the alleyman who walks into Heworth Place from Heworth rd.

In respect of the Alleyman has anyone ever contacted NYP re a discription of alleyman.. If nothing else were they able to confirm an approximate height of the male.
Im talking about the the alleyman who walks into Heworth Place from Heworth rd.
One sleuth on here can’t remember who actually went there and checked a marker on the wall as compared to the sleuth’s own height !

I’ve just rewatched ‘the unsolved disappearance of Claudia Lawrence ‘ on you tube.
It starts off with a viewer discretion notice !
It still mentions the lift Claudia received on the 18 th
It is also updated re PL passing RIP .
Ends with a written statement by JL check it out again !
PS I’m referring to the Truly Criminal version updated three weeks ago !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member