GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also interested in updates on this case.

I searched on Google for some news but nope, didn't find anything. The family seems to be silent at the moment too.

Their trial probably got delayed though, right? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make one of their grand statements if they were already sentenced.

I'm also interested in updates on this case.

I searched on Google for some news but nope, didn't find anything. The family seems to be silent at the moment too.

Their trial probably got delayed though, right? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make one of their grand statements if they were already sentenced.
They have already plead guilty so I don't think there will be a trial. They just have to attend the hearing, I would think.

If they are sentenced to one year in jail, the kids will likely be in foster care for another year, unless they only serve a few months. If they receive one year of probation, the children may be able to return home sooner.

I wonder if they will be given different sentences. I would think the parents would be given the maximum penalty.

I have looked occasionally for an update in the local MSM. Nothing has been reported recently. Last update was a fb post on Evanna's birthday by 'the family', and not a word was mentioned in there about the sentencing. Good luck in your docket search!

Unfortunately Columbia County is not part of NYS's WebCriminal e-courts system. The DA's website has not been updated since late 2020. Court Activity 2020 - District_Attorney

The Court website does not have much information and no live database that I see. Columbia Supreme, County, Family and Surrogate Courts - 3JD | NYCOURTS.GOV

Thank You for looking! But, darn it! NY needs to get on the ball here. In the meantime I will continue hoping that the remaining children are in a safe, secure and healthy environment and that the parents and adult siblings of Evanna are finally accepting their irresponsible and negligent part in her death. One can hope

I wonder if they have the children back and how they are doing.
They still didn’t have the children as of a few weeks ago. I honestly can’t see them ever getting back the children, they admitted they caused Evanna’s death.

Does anyone have news about sentencing? I doubt any of them will get any time, but they should. Make them an example.

Gleaned from the above link provided by @readmylips:

Mother, father and sister VTB all sentenced to 3 years probation and 50 hours of community service. Sisters TTB, PTB and STB each sentenced to 1 year probation and 50 hours community service. Additionally, VTB's partner who also lived in the house was sentenced to 50 hours community service.

They are required to fulfill their service hours by September 1, 2021. They must be served with a legitimate non-profit such as a church, fire department or other civic organization.

The family was asked if they had anything to say at the sentencing, to which they replied that they had said everything they needed to say in an affidavit and Pre-sentencing investigation. [can we find this PSI? is it public?]

After the sentencing, their attorney, Michael Sussman, said they are "Looking forward to family reunification."

The three younger TB children have not been in the custody of S&H since Dec 2019. VTB also has 4 children that are not in the family's custody.

They still didn’t have the children as of a few weeks ago. I honestly can’t see them ever getting back the children, they admitted they caused Evanna’s death.

Does anyone have news about sentencing? I doubt any of them will get any time, but they should. Make them an example.
They didn't admit to "causing" Evanna's death, they plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a child, which is a misdemeanor. I think they will definitely get their children back. CPS indicated they were providing services for them. As long as they meet the requirements and there is no other evidence of neglect, CPS can't keep their kids in state custody. Imo

They didn't admit to "causing" Evanna's death, they plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a child, which is a misdemeanor. I think they will definitely get their children back. CPS indicated they were providing services for them. As long as they meet the requirements and there is no other evidence of neglect, CPS can't keep their kids in state custody. Imo
They endangered the welfare of a child, causing her death. Either they like it or not. Death was caused by endangering her. Yeah, they didn’t get murder but that’s what happened.

Even IF they do get them back, they will get removed again, and again, and again. This has been happening for how many years? 10? 12? 15? 18? Yeah, if they do get the kids then it’s just not normal. Why would a family that has a death on their record and multiple years of CPS involvement and several removals even qualifies for reunification? This is absolutely insane.

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/new...in-death-of-girl-12/article_d886e542-52cd-547

The family's attorney asked that certain items taken from the house during searches - books, birth certificates and photographs - be returned to the family. Oddly, he didn't mention the substantial amount of money the family accused LE of stealing.

Nor did the attorney mention releasing documents that the TBs claim prove corruption in various government departments and the hospitals where Evanna was treated. Perhaps that will come at a later date?

For the sake of the minor children I hope the adults will take their convictions seriously and make every effort possible to ensure the children grow up safe and healthy - if they ever regain custody. Enough is enough. MOO.

Czajka previously said in a statement that the defendants “admitted they were responsible for the care of the child at all relevant times; that they all became aware of her illness and progressive symptoms, including, ultimately, swelling of her feet, legs and abdomen; and that they did not timely contact emergency personnel or take the child to a doctor or hospital.”
The family -- which in one post said there was a religious exemption to vaccinations -- had repeatedly criticized the county's Department of Social Services, alleging that the department forcibly vaccinated their children and that they suffered from substandard care while in foster care.
Parents, relatives avoid jail time in Columbia County case involving girl's death

Poor Evanna. :(

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/new...in-death-of-girl-12/article_d886e542-52cd-547

The family's attorney asked that certain items taken from the house during searches - books, birth certificates and photographs - be returned to the family. Oddly, he didn't mention the substantial amount of money the family accused LE of stealing.

Nor did the attorney mention releasing documents that the TBs claim prove corruption in various government departments and the hospitals where Evanna was treated. Perhaps that will come at a later date?

For the sake of the minor children I hope the adults will take their convictions seriously and make every effort possible to ensure the children grow up safe and healthy - if they ever regain custody. Enough is enough. MOO.

keep hoping, I'm not even sure they'll be able to keep up the act long enough to keep custody while cps is keeping an eye on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson