NC NC - Brandon McDonald, 35, truck found wrecked, Bladen Co, 25 Mar 2021 *reward*

‘We just want him home’ Reward of up to $10K now offered in Bladen County man’s disappearance

March 31, updated
McDonald’s family members say they started getting concerned when he didn’t show up to meet his father at home and all of their calls were going straight to voicemail.

For the past week, family has been driving around searching the area where his truck was found crashed and abandoned in Hope Mills. His phone last pinged in Laurinburg and now all calls go straight to voicemail, but they still continue to try his phone, hoping to hear his voice again.

“We don’t know — and the thought has crossed our mind so much during this time — is he hungry, is he cold, is he hurt? Just not knowing, it’s so hard. It’s hard not knowing,” said Russell.

If you have any information about Brandon McDonald you’re asked to contact the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office at 910-862-6960 or dial 911.

Update: Missing Person, Brandon McDonald, From Clarkton, N.C. – BladenOnline.com

UPDATED Article

Update: The Bladen County Sheriff’s Office announced on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, there is now a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of Brandon McDonald. The family is offering this reward.

McDonald is believed to have been in the Laurinburg and Hope Mills areas prior to his disappearance.

If this was previously shared, let me know and I will delete. AWARE Foundation FB post :

167045792_1941884949296596_5760315189010206871_n.png

If this was previously shared, let me know and I will delete. AWARE Foundation FB post :

167045792_1941884949296596_5760315189010206871_n.png

I don’t believe it has; thanks for sharing! :)

**UPDATE**
Brandon McDonald was seen leaving his residence, located at 6529 Burney Ford Rd, Clarkton, NC, around 3am on the morning of March 25, 2021. His last known communication came just a few hours later, around 7:09am and Brandon has not been seen or heard from since. He was reported missing by his family and later that day, his truck was located, wrecked and abandon, on Burbank St, in Hope Mills, NC. Brandon’s cell phone was missing but the phone case was in the truck. His phone last pinged in Laurinburg, NC. At the time of his disappearance, Brandon was last seen wearing a camouflage shirt, dark colored work pants, a dark colored baseball cap, a silver chain around his wrist and neck with a silver ring on his ring finger. Both of his ears are pierced and he has tattoos on each bicep. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Brandon McDonald, please contact Detective Matt Hester with the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office on 910-862-6960.

I don’t believe it has; thanks for sharing! :)

**UPDATE**
Brandon McDonald was seen leaving his residence, located at 6529 Burney Ford Rd, Clarkton, NC, around 3am on the morning of March 25, 2021. His last known communication came just a few hours later, around 7:09am and Brandon has not been seen or heard from since. He was reported missing by his family and later that day, his truck was located, wrecked and abandon, on Burbank St, in Hope Mills, NC. Brandon’s cell phone was missing but the phone case was in the truck. His phone last pinged in Laurinburg, NC. At the time of his disappearance, Brandon was last seen wearing a camouflage shirt, dark colored work pants, a dark colored baseball cap, a silver chain around his wrist and neck with a silver ring on his ring finger. Both of his ears are pierced and he has tattoos on each bicep. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Brandon McDonald, please contact Detective Matt Hester with the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office on 910-862-6960.
Ok-- Flyer is saying he was WEARING DARK WORK PANTS.
I don't know where he worked (will try to find info) but sounds like he may have been going to work and only basing that off he was WEARING DARK WORK PANTS.
Map shows Clarkton bottom point, S of Elizabethtown, then up 87 (right side) is Hope Mills where Truck was found, wrecked.
From there going SE is Laurinburg, where is phone last pinged.
( line shown from Hope mills to Laurinburg)
We do not know if truck was found before last phone ping or what that timeline is so I am going from beginning point of Clarkton and spreading out each direction of phone ping and direction of truck located.
**please note--I am not a very good map person but I wanted to get some sort of idea of location for each point ***
upload_2021-4-1_9-22-42.png

Last edited:
The only Burbank St. I can find is between Hope Mills and Fayetteville. This street is bugging me as it's a very short, straight, dead-end road. It doesn't seem to be a likely place for an accident, IMO. Unless the wreck was at the corner of the main road, Natal Street and Burbank.

Would love to know where Brandon was heading that morning - was it Hope Mills or Laurinburg ?

Map showing aerial view of Burbank Street :

Google Maps

McDonald is believed to have been in the Laurinburg and Hope Mills areas prior to his disappearance.
His phone last pinged in Laurinburg.

Could this possibly mean his phone’s last ping was prior to wreck in Hope Mills?

It is! I've lived here (Rockingham) all of my life. Lumberton used to be a normal community - now I'm scared to drive through there. Did you see where the lady from Pennsylvania was shot on 95 headed to Oak Island?

Scary stuff.
This may not help much to find Brandon, but they made an arrest today in that incident. At least this shows local LE has been working with businesses and finding surveillance footage to help solve high profile crimes.
Arrest made in Lumberton road rage killing of Julie Eberly, a mother of 6 on her way to the beach

I'm familiar with that part of the country, I grew-up and lived here in S.Eastern N.C my entire life. It's good folk and it's some dang scary folk around these here parts. A young man like that, who, his father said would never worry him or his family like that and would have called by now. I believe his daddy when he says that, they worried and have every right to be worried. We have a huge problem in our rural areas for Opioids, poverty and gang-related criminal activity. I hope they find this young man safe and sound, sure will have them in my thoughts and prayers.

I just did a quick look-about online to check for any new info or updates in this young man's case and appears that he's still missing and his family are still offering a reward in his case.
We just recently solved a missing person case in my hometown, a young man named Cory Moore. I'm good friends with his mother and she and almost everyone else knew he had to be close by where he was last seen. Was so hoping for some good news in the other young man's case.

Clarkton is not a large town, population ~800, so it seems unusual this is the second missing person from there within two months. Unfortunately the woman missing in February was found deceased and an arrest for her murder was announced. There's no apparent reason these cases are connected.
Found Deceased - NC - Jacqueline "Lynn" Landreth 37, Clarkton, 8 Feb 2021

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back