Found Safe TX - Brianna Morgan Gilbert, 22, went missing during shift break, Amarillo, 30 Mar 2021

Thank you for clarifying the S.O (significant other) is slang in Texas for someone's partner in a homosexual relationship. I had presumed 'significant other' just meant general boyfriend/husband/partner etc. as in elsewhere.

Thank you for clarifying the S.O (significant other) is slang in Texas for someone's partner in a homosexual relationship. I had presumed 'significant other' just meant general boyfriend/husband/partner etc. as in elsewhere.

Pretty sure the term “significant other” can indicate either a heterosexual or a homosexual relationship EVERYWHERE. It’s a term in common usage. Probably a good idea not to always assume everyone has heterosexual relationships.

She sent her boyfriend a text message at approx. 20.00hrs saying "I love you".
Was it usual that she would send little love messages to him during her breaks? Or is that completely out of character?

If that's not her usual pattern, I'm very worried about what she might have been thinking. :(

Pretty sure the term “significant other” can indicate either a heterosexual or a homosexual relationship EVERYWHERE. It’s a term in common usage. Probably a good idea not to always assume everyone has heterosexual relationships.
Thank you for pointing this out. And of course, this makes no difference to us. All we care about is helping figure out where Brianna is, and at the moment I'm baffled.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Brianna only has the clothes on her back, she didn’t take any personal items. And she hasn’t contacted anybody with text message and phone calls and that’s out of character for her according to family members,” Randall County Sgt. Byron Towndrow said.

Texas woman texts ‘I love you’ to significant other, then disappears

Well, she did have her phone with her, so, not just the clothes on her back. I wonder what happens when they try to track her phone? I assume they must have tried.

If that's not her usual pattern, I'm very worried about what she might have been thinking. :(
bbm
I get your drift, @carbuff, and I hope we're both wrong on that thought.
Or maybe she was in a dangerous or threatened situation with/from someone, and just wanted to say it one more time to her SO, in case she thought she wouldn't have another opportunity.
Hoping for good news soon.

I think it’s more that the Texas panhandle is really conservative and the use of SO instead of girlfriend/boyfriend/partner or whatever is code for we want to be as vague as possible because we don’t want to talk about homosexuality. Haha. It’s not really slang, just obvious what they doing IMO. But who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back