DC - Two teen girls charged with murder in carjacking death of Uber Eats driver, Mar 2021

After the crash one of the girls can be heard begging to get her phone out of the car....the car she just stole and wrecked....who's owner she killed. No concern for that man...just for her dang phone. Gross. Our future is bleak.

So sad. More images here:
Graphic video shows moment teen girls carjack Uber Eats driver before his death | Daily Mail Online

(Maybe this post should be moved to "Crimes in the News" Forum?)

I actually saw this video on social media yesterday and was hoping somehow it wasn’t real.

for the person asking what happened before, they were trying to get the driver out of his car so they could steal it, but then they took off with him hanging out the doorway. I couldn’t tell if the car hit other things on the way, but they ended up
Plowing into what looked like a bridge structure. Unbelievable!

After the crash one of the girls can be heard begging to get her phone out of the car....the car she just stole and wrecked....who's owner she killed. No concern for that man...just for her dang phone. Gross. Our future is bleak.

I mean, I still can’t even believe this. And whoever calls this a “joyride gone bad” should have their heads checked!! I’m blown away at not only what these girls did but more so how the media is trying to portray them as anything but two delinquent thugs stealing from a man and killing him with zero regard for his life as he was being dragged by his own car. The only thing they cared about was her phone. While the man lay dead on the sidewalk. I’m just absolutely appalled. Throw away the key.

I mean, I still can’t even believe this. And whoever calls this a “joyride gone bad” should have their heads checked!! I’m blown away at not only what these girls did but more so how the media is trying to portray them as anything but two delinquent thugs stealing from a man and killing him with zero regard for his life as he was being dragged by his own car. The only thing they cared about was her phone. While the man lay dead on the sidewalk. I’m just absolutely appalled. Throw away the key.
CNN needs their heads examined too. They described this as an accident.
Police said the girls, 13 and 15, assaulted an Uber Eats driver with a Taser while carjacking him, which led to an accident in which he was fatally injured.

They're getting a plea deal and probably won't serve a single day in jail!
Unbelievable. Our country is broken.

DC teens in fatal armed carjacking to reportedly get plea deal

The teens have reportedly pled the juvenile version of "not guilty."

"If you were to reach a plea agreement, then the juvenile would admit involvement," said Lotze, who also said the agreement could include, "… potentially being in a youth shelter involvement, which is similar to a jail but for juveniles. Or could involve being on home detention or being on probation."

"If you were to reach a plea agreement, then the juvenile would admit involvement," said Lotze, who also said the agreement could include, "… potentially being in a youth shelter involvement, which is similar to a jail but for juveniles. Or could involve being on home detention or being on probation."

Nice. With the potential for a juvenile record expunged. Want one of these gals working in a nursing home as a CNA? Or at your child's preschool, as a child caretaker? The juvenile criminal record expunged means it never happened.

Except, the victim is still dead.

I didn’t think 13 and 15 year old were able to carry a taser legally in DC?

Where did the parents think these two were during that time? During a pandemic? Snuck out of the home with a taser? To carjack.

Why the rush for a plea deal? Something stinks.

OMG!! I just saw a clip from Fox news, Juan Williams called this horrible murder, " two young girls on a joy ride that went terribly wrong".... A Joy ride? Smh

It's unbelievable how dismissive Juan was. I saw him say that, and I just cringed at how little he seemed to care.. if at all about what they had done to this totally innocent man just trying to make a honest living. But I'm not the least surprised that JWs tried his best to water down what these two abhorrent teen offenders did.

It wasn't only ice cold of JW..it was highly offensive, and downright disgusting to watch him say this.

I can't even begin to imagine how it would have been so hurtful to this gentleman's grieving family to hear JW. I pray they did not hear it. I also hope no one else told them about it either.

From what I have read carjackings are skyrocketing in many cities, and including in WDC. Many are resulting in disastrous results for the innocent victims.

Also it seems several of the offenders are teens as well in other cities across our nation.

Does anyone know the crime rate in WDC? You would think it would be extremely low. Also the rate of carjackings there? TIA!

In NYC two teens age 14, and 16 years of age burned a man alive inside of his own home recently. :( How anyone could be so barbaric, and sadistic... much less teens ...leaves me stunned at the depravity of many offenders including teens

I believe when the DOJ puts out its latest data on crime rates of all types we will see an increase in violent teen offenders.

SMH!

Jmho

This is so horrible.

It's too bad they couldn't be tried as adults under these circumstances because having a taser with them shows planning.

It's just so wicked. Another Dad that won't be home for Easter morning. Deeply saddening.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back