NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

I mean- he is only George Martinez? How many can there be, right? Lol a lot of them. I see somwthing in relation but he doesn't look similar and name is off.

It's possible that he gave an alias, the arrest record didn't specify what was the nature of the crime but he does have a file.

could it be sherry jean pickle? The only thing that differs is the height since Pickle when she disappeared was half 7 cm less than Jane Doe but even so she was a teenager and could grow

Attachments

• 1609016592048.jpg
    1609016592048.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 43
I know she's younger than the guesstimate here, but what about Gladys Ida Cromer? Haven't looked at the rule-outs or anything, but she does look similar: Gladys Ida Cromer – The Charley Project
cromer_gladys.jpg

Already proposed in this thread for Gladys: TN - TN - Gladys Cromer, 19, Crossville, 17 May 1990

I guess I'd like to add that the speculation about George Martinez doesn't really help, in my opinion, though hey, I guess anything's worth a look. His name's on a set of scales in her room. That's it. They look well used. There's a photo of her with a Hispanic-looking guy from a photobooth. He may or may not be George Martinez. It's apparently not Eduardo Colin, though his family are forthcoming enough to say that the signature at the desk is legitimately his (though the plates are apparently fictitious). She appears to have committed suicide after consuming heroin and some alcohol. She has locked the door from the inside after making sure that any identification she may have had has been disposed of, presumably because she doesn't want to be identified. She has left behind $500, demonstrating that it wasn't abject poverty that drove her to kill herself, but also perhaps as a way, in her mind, of defraying the hassle of dealing with her death.

I know that Gladys Cromer is outside the estimated age range. I also know that the autopsy appears to have been thorough, so you might expect to have an note if it were clear she had given birth, but I've also seen where age ranges are wrong, and where significant details are left out of autopsy reports. In this case, the body is said to have been moderately decomposed (after 2 or 3 days by most accounts), and the eyes cloudy, though color was positively specified as hazel. Despite the moderate decomposition, the coroner notes that there are electrode pads on the body from (presumably) the EMTs giving jolting her a go.

Unfortunately, NamUs doesn't specify whether they have a DNA profile. We also have to assume that the other materials in the suitcase really didn't offer anything that might help to identify.

I like Gladys as a possibility also because she seems to have been wearing clothes stylistically similar to AJD was found with when she disappeared, and because, judging by the earrings and necklace from her photo she like chunky-style jewelry. I know it was all the rage, I know that the clothes are very mainstream, too. Her hair and facial features, nose, eyebrows, jawline, ears seem to line up. From what we can tell given the photobooth pic AJD seems to have had pretty regular dentition in front.

In a thread elsewhere that I saw, Gladys had visited an aunt a few weeks before going missing. She was brought in a black car with blacked out windows. She said that her boss was going to take her to Fairfield Glade, but the aunt couldn't see what her boss looked like at all. Fairfield Glade seems to be a resort/retirement community, and she was at the time dressed all in black, which seems like it would have been appropriate for working in a dining facility. I'm assuming that if this job were above board, LE would have found her payment records. Fairfield Glade to Crossville is about 10 miles/15 minutes by car.

I find it interesting that her aunt seems to think that these details may be significant. If she were going out to party with people whom she'd met at this new job, it might explain why her sister didn't ask her for more specifics, since they probably wouldn't be people whom she knew. The clothing is pretty specific, and pretty casual.

She seems then have left her 1-year-old daughter in her sister's care to party with individuals unknown, and that was the last known sighting. For reasons that are unclear to me, these individuals are said by some to have been two in number, but considering that her sister seems not to have had any names, it's hard to know where that information has come from.

Police: Woman found dead in 1991 in New Mexico may have been from San Fernando Valley – Pasadena Star News

The body of an unidentified woman discovered in a motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1991 is believed to be a Los Angeles County woman based on a recent tip, according to authorities.

Based on the tip, investigators believe the woman’s name is Becca, and she is possibly from Reseda or Sylmar. She potentially flew from either Los Angeles or Burbank to Albuquerque, the Albuquerque Police Department said this week in a news release.

Police: Woman found dead in 1991 in New Mexico may have been from San Fernando Valley – Pasadena Star News

The body of an unidentified woman discovered in a motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1991 is believed to be a Los Angeles County woman based on a recent tip, according to authorities.

Based on the tip, investigators believe the woman’s name is Becca, and she is possibly from Reseda or Sylmar. She potentially flew from either Los Angeles or Burbank to Albuquerque, the Albuquerque Police Department said this week in a news release.
Thanks for the update! I love how the police still get tips after almost 30 years. It gives me so much hope for her and for other old cases. Amazing!

I spoke to Dustin Driscoll of NamUs a few days ago, the man in the Polaroid has been identified. He told me they are "all set with him" and that they know need to get tips on Becca.
Thank you for letting us know! :) I'm glad they found the polaroid guy and I'm quite surprised he's not the same George/Jorge Martinez from the mugshot.
I wonder why they need to get tips on Becca if her death was ruled a suicide. Perhaps LE no longer thinks it was a suicide?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back