PA PA - William Alfred Higgins, 35, Allegheny Cty, Mar-April 1969

More questions: Do they think the fire that burned the house and the fire that burned the military records building were provoked? If so, do they suspect of the same person (Dolores' 2nd husband)?

More info can be found here: William Higgins

Looks like Adventures With Purpose was in McKeesport today searching the Yough River for Bill. They found a vehicle but not Bill's.

"We were in town searching for Bill Higgins. Cold case from 50 years ago, last seen in '55 Chevy blue truck ... It was a long shot because it's such an old case. ... We were hoping to find him today and we ended up finding this Chevy Equinox," Adam Brown said.

The men said when they found the vehicle, the windows were down and the keys were in the ignition.

Correction - it wasn't Adventures with Purpose searching the Yough, but Adam Brown Adventures. First I'd heard of him.

Jeremy Sides and Adam Brown travel the country searching for closure in cold cases, and dive for lost property or to simply remove junk and hazards from the waterways. Sides’ YouTube channel is “Exploring with Nug,” and Brown’s channel is “Adventures of Adam Brown.”

“We were in town today searching for an old cold case, William Higgins,” Brown said.

Sides and Brown said Higgins went missing in the McKeesport area around 50 years ago.

“We were out here searching the waterways, using sonar technology, trying to find the vehicle, specifically his truck, and it was a longshot because it’s such an old case,” Brown said.

Their find wasn't the '50s model truck they were hoping for.

I've seen that exact, bright blue old model pickup truck. I used to stare at it all the time, cause it was so pretty. Good chance cleaned up by now. As this would have been thru out the 1990s, 1993 on, I would walk over the Wind gap Bridge, heading down to Mckees rocks flea market. That exact old type bright blue pickup truck, was abandoned in like a junkyard, under the Windgap bridge, going towards Mckees rocks. 1993 ongoing.

I've seen that exact, bright blue old model pickup truck. I used to stare at it all the time, cause it was so pretty. Good chance cleaned up by now. As this would have been thru out the 1990s, 1993 on, I would walk over the Wind gap Bridge, heading down to Mckees rocks flea market. That exact old type bright blue pickup truck, was abandoned in like a junkyard, under the Windgap bridge, going towards Mckees rocks. 1993 ongoing.
If he disappeared in 1969, by 1993 the truck wouldn't have been bright blue any longer unless it had spent a good many years store inside somewhere. Bright colors fade fast on old cars if they aren't kept waxed.
It's possible someone hid it away for years though then junked it. However, if the VIN was recorded, it should have popped upas junkyards are supposed to record VINs they take in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back