CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold at a yard sale? That just stands the hair up on my back...and I don't have any. So disrespectful of that woman. What is going on here. For God's sake...arrest someone!
I started watching a Netflix movie called "I Do Care A Lot". Although it is not the same situation as in this case, it reminded me of this case. Having a garage sale of Dia's belongings when she's missing for one thing is unacceptable. Trying to get a refund on her boot purchase is pitiful greed. (Also what comes to mind is how Dia's children seem to be demanding the court appoint their selection of a Private Fiduciary.)

The movie is scary. It's disgusting. They take control under a conservatorship of this perfectly stable elderly woman's assets and stick her in a nursing home. They go through all her valuable belongings. They move furniture out of her house and have an estate sale to sell off some of her belongings! They get into her safety deposit box and find diamonds. They are legally court appointed and can get away with it. If you watch it, I guarantee you'll think of this case and feel outrage.

Netflix's 'I Care a Lot' should worry you (msn.com)

Last edited:
The news article is worth reading again. It's a "they said", "he said", "she said" can of worms. ..........
animated-worm-image-0148.gif

MOO... how convenient that Dia didn't get along with her children, and then lo and behold, Dia goes missing. Then, "these two" were there to "take over". It's not that I doubt Dia had fears and concerns regarding her children, but it was dangerous info to share with anyone with perhaps greedy intentions. DF is worried the kids would come in and take everything?

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seeks removal of 'fiancé' as trustee
The petition seeks the removal of the two trustees, Keith Harper and Diana Fedder.

“I feel saddened that the children are actually going to that extent,” Fedder said in a telephone interview with News 8.

Fedder said the missing woman did not want her adult children involved in her properties.

“She made me promise, as well as several other people, that the children would not be allowed in the home because the first thing that would happen if she was gone is, they would come in and take everything,” said Fedder.

Keith Harper is currently running the ranch on a daily basis, and he claims to be Abrams’ fiancé. Harper and Fedder have co-managed the ranch since Abrams went missing.
[...]

"A hearing on the Abrams family petition is set for May 13 in Palm Springs probate court."

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' | cbs8.com

BBM/ All MOO

Last edited:
“She made me promise, as well as several other people, that the children would not be allowed in the home because the first thing that would happen if she was gone is, they would come in and take everything,” said Fedder.

This line in particular stands out to me.
Who are these “several other people” that also made this promise to Dia?

This is something DF did a few times in that interview...like someone else said, it really seems like she’s making an intentional effort to put some distance between her and some of the things going on.

“I only met Keith twice. We aren’t even friends”

“Dia made me and several others promise her! It isn’t just me”

“I only met Keith twice. We aren’t even friends”
Well, they got pretty chummy for the Airbnb guests to mention them as a couple. I saw it with my own eyes-- guests calling them by their names, saying they were a couple, even mistaking them as married. Did I imagine it?

How did she only meet him twice if they were both working on the ranch for months before Dia went missing? Sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing DF.

One other thing-- if Dia didn't want her children to swoop in and take all her stuff, then did Dia want these two only recent acquaintances, IMO, start selling her belongings at a Garage Sale? I'm thinking Dia had other people she could've named, and honestly don't know how they got named. All IMOO, JMO, MOO.

@Curious Me
DF’s Airbnb page as a Host is back to 0 Listings. I guess now that we know she is no longer living in Mountain Center, that’s probably why.
Listings from Diana

I believe DF’s Airbnb page was where we had read reviews guests left of Dia’s properties, so now they are no longer there, either. However, here’s one of your posts where you make mention of what you had read there:
Now we see that in August 2020 it's "Harper and Diana" the guests mention.”
So, nope, you weren’t imagining it.

CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Sigh, poor Dia. Sounds like she trusted the wrong person/s.

A trust agreement signed by Lydia “Dia” Abrams two weeks before she went missing in June 2020 near Idyllwild, leaves her estate to the man who claims to be the missing woman's fiancé.
Harper’s probate petition asks a judge to “instruct and direct” him on a request to be appointed trustee of the estate in Abrams’ absence. He is represented by attorney Dennis Healey of Palm Desert, who originally drew up Abrams’ amended trust.
Abrams’ amended trust also names a second alternate trustee and secondary beneficiary in the event of Harper’s death: Diana Fedder.

wtf-face-smiley-emoticon.gif
Wow, the paperwork she filed held up under examination. After all those years from Dec. 2016 when the trust was drawn up... the children were still in? Then she makes significant changes on May 22, 2020, and only 15 days later in Real Life she is gone and not to be found to this day. That is so... fishy, IMO. They think Dia knew what she was doing, but like @jash said, she may have trusted the wrong people.

Her children still have their petition hearing on May 13th. Right?

“B. Death or Resignation of Original Trustee
In the event, DIA KENSHALO ABRAMS, cannot or will not, or if for any reason she ceases to serve as Trustee hereunder, then Trustor nominates and appoints her daughter,
[daughter’s name was here, then crossed out by hand, someone’s initials there plus “Denied 12/12/2018]
to serve as Trustee hereunder without the approval of any Court.”
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/HarperPetitionTrustExhibit.pdf

What does the crossed out and “Denied” part mean?

“B. Death or Resignation of Original Trustee
In the event, DIA KENSHALO ABRAMS, cannot or will not, or if for any reason she ceases to serve as Trustee hereunder, then Trustor nominates and appoints her daughter,
[daughter’s name was here, then crossed out by hand, someone’s initials there plus “Denied 12/12/2018]
to serve as Trustee hereunder without the approval of any Court.”

What does the crossed out and “Denied” part mean?

The initials are DA=Dia Abrams. It appears that she is removing her daughter from the position in the trust. Also on pg 4/27 she crosses out daughter’s name and again writes “denied” 12/12/2018 initialed “DA.” On page 5/27 she adds her daughter’s name where she “leaves nothing but her love and affection” to her son, dating it 12/12/2018 and initialing “DA.” She essentially has cut her daughter off.
JMO

The initials are DA=Dia Abrams. It appears that she is removing her daughter from the position in the trust. Also on pg 4/27 she crosses out daughter’s name and again writes “denied” 12/12/2018 initialed “DA.” On page 5/27 she adds her daughter’s name where she “leaves nothing but her love and affection” to her son, dating it 12/12/2018 and initialing “DA.” She essentially has cut her daughter off.
JMO

So, at the time she crossed out the daughter’s name as the successor Trustee—12/12/2018–she had no one named to replace her, is that right? I wonder if something happened that prompted Dia to do that.

This is sad; it makes me feel like she had no one she felt she could trust in her life.

So, at the time she crossed out the daughter’s name as the successor Trustee—12/12/2018–she had no one named to replace her, is that right? I wonder if something happened that prompted Dia to do that.

This is sad; it makes me feel like she had no one she felt she could trust in her life.

I wonder if her daughter denied being a trustee and not the other way around... For example Dia setup the trust and signed it on 12/16/2016, Two years later it has Crisara denying or being denied on 12/12/2018 which is WAY to close to dad's (Clem's) death to not have something to do with it.

These two passages of the amendment stick out to me (sections 4.4.4 and 4.4.6 https://imgur.com/a/pzOzWI7 )

I might be misunderstanding, but doesn’t this mean that the trustees don’t have the authority to sell or recommend to sell any properties of the trust?

4.4.4 says the trustees need the trustor’s permission in writing to make any suggestions about investment or management of assets of the trust unless the trustor dies or is deemed incompetent

4.4.6 says that for the trustor to be deemed incompetent, two doctors need to sign off on it

Since Dia is only missing and hasn’t been deemed dead or incompetent by 2 doctors, how can KH and DF be managing an Airbnb on a property of the trust? I’m not understanding what happened that passes control from trustor (Dia) to trustees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy