Found Deceased OH - Rabin Subedi, travelling from PA to OH, car found, Ashtabula, 27 March 2021

No new information in this article, but they resumed the search overnight and into this morning. The weather is supposed to be much better here this week.
Search Resumes in Lake Erie Waters for Missing Millcreek Man
Thanks for posting the update! So very sad, but it sounds like they have reason to believe he is in the water.

Also from the article you linked: “Subedi came to the U.S. with his family in 2008 as immigrants from Bhutan. After graduating from Mercyhurst Prep, he had been enrolled in engineering at Penn State Behrend, but the university's last record of him as a student was in the summer of 2019.”

In an earlier post I had incorrectly stated his country of origin. The family is from Bhutan. Also note that the article says he was last enrolled at Penn State in the summer of 2019.

I'm sorry to keep posting but there has been another update. The police have totally called off the search of the water. Interesting sentence at the end of the article says: "Detective Shollenberger says that, for now, their efforts will concentrate on Subedi’s whereabouts prior to the discovery of his vehicle." (Emphasis is mine)

UPDATE: Millcreek Police call off search for missing man | WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com

I'm sorry to keep posting but there has been another update. The police have totally called off the search of the water. Interesting sentence at the end of the article says: "Detective Shollenberger says that, for now, their efforts will concentrate on Subedi’s whereabouts prior to the discovery of his vehicle." (Emphasis is mine)

UPDATE: Millcreek Police call off search for missing man | WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com
Wow I wonder what that means? They have video of the car, the driver, (who may or may not be Rabin), getting out and walking into the water allegedly, but now they aren’t searching the water any longer?

I can understand the need to know what happened prior to his vehicle being discovered, but I’m thrown by no longer searching in the water. Someone walked into the water and as far as we’ve heard, no one was seen walking out of the water, so isn’t that someone most likely in the water?

I do know the “someone” could have exited the water at another point where there’s no camera coverage, but that water has to be horrifically cold and there wouldn’t be a lot of time before hypothermia would set in... Color me stumped.

Of course knowing Rabin’s movements prior is vital on many levels, still. All MOO and speculation only.

I live in the area, and this story has captivated a lot of us. It seems to be developing into a good ol' stranger than fiction story. Lampe Marina is not a very large or deep area of water. I would love to see the video they keep talking about...

Wow I wonder what that means? They have video of the car, the driver, (who may or may not be Rabin), getting out and walking into the water allegedly, but now they aren’t searching the water any longer?

I can understand the need to know what happened prior to his vehicle being discovered, but I’m thrown by no longer searching in the water. Someone walked into the water and as far as we’ve heard, no one was seen walking out of the water, so isn’t that someone most likely in the water?

I do know the “someone” could have exited the water at another point where there’s no camera coverage, but that water has to be horrifically cold and there wouldn’t be a lot of time before hypothermia would set in... Color me stumped.

Of course knowing Rabin’s movements prior is vital on many levels, still. All MOO and speculation only.

I thought the same thing... if you saw someone go into the water then why are you not searching the water? The day he disappeared the water was terrible and so difficult to just jump in and out of... People jump into the water in this area all the time and their bodies aren't usually found right away... most of the time months later so i am almost wondering if they gave up searching in the water because they know his body will eventually float to the surface?

Thanks for update.
After reading the article, I took it as officials not only called off the search in the water, but they called off the search for Rabin entirely. Now they will just focus on his whereabouts before his car was found.

Thanks for update.
After reading the article, I took it as officials not only called off the search in the water, but they called off the search for Rabin entirely. Now they will just focus on his whereabouts before his car was found.

He was the greatest prankster I knew, from back in the day. All the pressure he must he mustov had on his shoulders, when I see him again imma beat the shir outta him. Man I was really exited to see him again. Was sopouse to meet last Saturday, I finally had the resources and plans for summer fun. Mother

I live in the area, and this story has captivated a lot of us. It seems to be developing into a good ol' stranger than fiction story. Lampe Marina is not a very large or deep area of water. I would love to see the video they keep talking about...

Wouldn’t it possible to go down the water front and hop on a boat that was waiting.

Has anyone seen the video? Like his parents who may be able to identify him by his gait or how he stands? When the report said marina I was envisioning a place where boats dock meaning to enter the water you'd have to jump in. Is there a public ramp where boats enter the water which someone could walk down into the water? I live near a beautiful lake that has several marinas. The biggest one has many slips for boats big and small plus a public ramp and pier. The dock area is weedy but the pier is a favourite for kids to jump in the water.

I'd be interested if his GF was aware he wasn't enrolled in school or whether his family were the only ones not aware of his deception. Does anyone know if the university suspended classes due to Covid and when? It would make it that much easier to pull off the deception if on location attendance wasn't required.

Wouldn’t it possible to go down the water front and hop on a boat that was waiting.

Not where Lampe Marina is located. It's basically a channel with high sea walls so boats can enter Lake Erie, and a inlet where people dock their sail boats. And on top of that it's directly located across from the Coast Guard.

Edited: But anything is possible? and this is all just MOO

I stopped by the marina during my lunch break just to check it out. The only visible camera is on top of a metal structure. If that is the camera the footage is from and the figure on the video went to the left (west), there should be a clear shot showing entry into the water or a boat, etc. However, if the figure walked right (east) of the camera, I don't believe there would be a clear shot as the angle of the camera and the structure would block the visibility. This could open up a few more possibilities. I do note as Lemon Drop stated above, the Coast Guard station is directly across to the east side of the structure and quite close to the marina. I would think there would be cameras there? Or wouldn't something have been heard? IMO.
Eta pics, figured out how to resize. The red arrow marks the camera.

Attachments

• 20210406_134107.jpg
    20210406_134107.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210406_133938.jpg
    20210406_133938.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210406_134010.jpg
    20210406_134010.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
With most recent information two possibilities come to mind:

1). LE suspect he met w/foul play somewhere else prior to the car being dropped off there and the perp walked towards (and possibly entered) the water hoping it would look like Rabin had committed suicide.

2). Rabin wanted to disappear and staged the car dump.

Update: Search for Missing Millcreek Man to Resume Tuesday

Nandu Subedi, Rabin's uncle spoke for the family after the meeting with Millcreek police. "We gave our consent to them to take out the GPS from the car and they are going to take it out...to find out where exactly he traveled." Subedi said.

Question:
Once they have the GPS, how long does it take to get and review this information?

Do we know whether LE received & reviewed the information from his GPS?

Mind blowing to me that there is still no new information since the last week of March. As I stated before MOO they are waiting for this body to eventually float to the service which could take months.

heart breaking how much this family is struggling without answers :(

"If you really love us you will come home. We both parents can’t eat and sleep and shall be crying until we find you."

Link is a FB post from his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back