Resolved NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 25-40, UP417, letter written in German, scar, birthmark, Sep'06 - namus removed

Here's a better quality photograph from the ID.

Clark%20Nevada%20John%20Doe%20September%202006.jpg

Here's a better quality photograph from the ID.

Clark%20Nevada%20John%20Doe%20September%202006.jpg

One of the Carbuff offspring works at a US military installation in Rhineland-Palatinate, mentioned earlier as being associated with some of the names in the letter; this guy looks very much like many of the locals. Probably not relevant, but there are a lot of "mixed" families in the area (US civilian and military personnel married to German nationals).

He's not listed on Namus as having been excluded.

He sure matches the decedent, doesn't he?
Blue eyes, same age range, same hair line, chin is similar, and lips look the same. I think the height is off by two inches. I completely forgot about namus, and I was wondering why those mp numbers you posted looked familiar. So thank you.

im sure there's a more accurate term, but the Amish in America generally isolate themselves away from the surrounding community. They handle most things internally and rarely reach out to LE. There wouldn't be a traditional missing persons database for the Amish.
Yea thats understandable. I have heard cases though that those who were brought up in the Amish community wanted to leave that way of life. This guy was probably one of them where he just up and left it.

One of the Carbuff offspring works at a US military installation in Rhineland-Palatinate, mentioned earlier as being associated with some of the names in the letter; this guy looks very much like many of the locals. Probably not relevant, but there are a lot of "mixed" families in the area (US civilian and military personnel married to German nationals).
He does look very German. He could also be from other German speaking countries like Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Liechtenstein. I wish we could see the letter. Maybe LE mistook other language like Dutch or Afrikaans for German?

If it's our doe, he does look German, IMO (but coming from a Dutchie, that doesn't mean a lot- he could be from any European country, really.)

If it's our doe, he does look German, IMO (but coming from a Dutchie, that doesn't mean a lot- he could be from any European country, really.)

Lol, to me as a partial German, he actually looks Dutch... :)
But really, he could be from any West, Central and even East European country.

From the 'Perth' Wiki;
"A more recent wave of arrivals includes White South Africans."..."Many Afrikaners and Anglo-Africans emigrated to Perth during the 1980s and 1990s"..."the
city has been described as 'the Australian capital of
South Africans in exile'".

Last edited:
He does look very German. He could also be from other German speaking countries like Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Liechtenstein. I wish we could see the letter. Maybe LE mistook other language like Dutch or Afrikaans for German?

Yeah, he could be just any guy, really. Though he doesn't look Saxon or Bavarian really.

He looks a lot like the guy who waited on us at a pub in Amsterdam, now that I think about it :)

So I found a German FB website for missing people, with an admin the same name as the sisters name. I tried to reach out but got no reply. It's one heck of a coincidence
Deutschland findet vermisste Personen ( Das Original )

From now on, I’m going to call TMD Frank, he looks like a Frank IMO. Also, does anyone know about the time someone contacted a Dirk Matthias who rudely cut them off? So many coincidences..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back