Found Deceased DE - Nancy Nicole Shipley, 34, Wilmington, 16 April 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Nancy Nicole Shipley
1392452_654526921258988_1773383608_n.jpg
NAT_22509_1.jpg
NAT_22509_2.jpg
NAT_22509_4.jpg
NAT_22509_5.jpg

Nancy "Nicki" Shipley, 34, was last seen in April of 2013. Shipley has a history of living the homeless lifestyle. She has gone missing for a period of time, but has never gone this long without contacting her family. She also hasn't accessed her Facebook account. Shipley is a white female with sandy brown hair, blue eyes. As a child she had surgery to correct a cleft palate. She has a tattoo of Winnie the Pooh tattoo on outside of right thigh, and a heart with flames tattoo on her lower back with the name Thomas in the middle.

Please contact The Wilmington Police Department at (302)654-5151.

http://www.missingin.org/reg8986/nancy_nicole_shipley.htm

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22509

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Nancy
Middle name
Nicole
Last name
Shipley
Nickname/Alias
Russum, Nancy or Nicki
Date last seen
April 16, 2013 00:00
Date entered
10/29/2013
Age last seen
34 to 34 years old
Age now
34 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Neferteri Trader - 6/29/2014 - New Castle, DE - Black - witness reports abduction of her

Nancy Shipley - 4/16/2013 - Wilmington, DE - White

Jennifer Atherton - 11/5/2012 - Wilmington, DE - White

Possibly related:
Risha Lewis - 1/26/2006 - New Castle, DE - Black - Vehicle found in Newark, DE

Any chance these cases could be related? All found via NamUs. New to posting - let me know if I need to make any amendments to this post to comply with forum rules.

Edit: I included someone who was a reported suicide. I have removed that woman's name from the list. May she rest in peace.

Thank you for posting here, it is with sad news that Nancy (my sister) was found in 2018 in a area that was being developed into a park. We just got word that the human skull found there matched her DNA profile, we were notified April 6, 2021.

The cause of death has yet to be determined, and anyone with information is encouraged to contact Detective Brianna Rodrigues of the WPD Criminal Investigations Division at (302) 576-3971.

Shipley was last seen in Wilmington, Delaware on April 16, 2013. She may have been en route to Sussex County, Delaware at the time. She was never been heard from again. She was occasionally homeless prior to her disappearance and frequented 4th Street and Rodney Square according to a missing person database.

You can also provide information to Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or delawarecrimestoppers.org.
Human Remains Identified As Woman Missing Since 2013

Thank you for posting here, it is with sad news that Nancy (my sister) was found in 2018 in a area that was being developed into a park. We just got word that the human skull found there matched her DNA profile, we were notified April 6, 2021.
I’m so very sorry. My brother was homeless too. I found his body deep in the woods around some off-the-grid homeless camp after he was missing for over three long months of searching. It’s so difficult to explain to others. I used to be afraid my family would be judged if I admitted it. I got over that about fifteen years ago... ❤️

My deepest condolences to you and whole family. May she RIP

Adding another article that just came out confirming her identity:
===
Nearly two years after a human skull was found during the excavation of a wooded area behind a Wilmington shopping center, officials have identified the remains as a woman who had been reported missing in 2013.

Thirty-four-year-old Nancy Nicole Shipley was reported missing to Delaware State Police on April 8, 2013.
---
On March 31 of this year, investigators received a report that identified the remains as Shipley.

Skull found in Wilmington in 2019 identified as 2013 missing woman

No matter what kind of lifestyle a person has, if their closed ones feel that something is seriously wrong or the connection is lost for much longer than ever before it should be investigated as a potential crime. Homeless people, especially homeless women are the most vulnerable and this is heartbreaking.

RIP Nancy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back