CA CA - Kimberly Cozart, 15, Julian, February 1977

I think she may be online. I got an email last night. Please let me know

NamUs Case # 29117 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/29117

The following fields have been changed:
Law Enforcement Information - Comments has been changed from "Cold Case Missing Person - Kimberly Cozart aka: Kimberly Harper http://sdsheriff.net/coldcase/95087102/index.html Cold Case Missing Person - Joyce Elizabeth Harper (Kimberly's mother) missing since 1975 age 31 - NamUs MP #18020 http://sdsheriff.net/coldcase/95087100/index.html" to ""

Thank you. I couldn't tell because it shows it's my case

Thank you for adding her! I couldn't find her through doing a google search of "Kimberly Cozart NamUs" but obviously I should have just searched through the official site. :doh:

I am hoping they release some more information, it's odd to have two members of a family be reported missing at different stages. Offhand, I know of brothers from Alaska Charles Palmer & Michael Palmer but their cases are not related in terms of circumstance.

Thank you for adding her! I couldn't find her through doing a google search of "Kimberly Cozart NamUs" but obviously I should have just searched through the official site. :doh:

I am hoping they release some more information, it's odd to have two members of a family be reported missing at different stages. Offhand, I know of brothers from Alaska Charles Palmer & Michael Palmer but their cases are not related in terms of circumstance.

You didn't find her using google because the profile wasn't online until I emailed Carrie. She didn't reply, I had a feeling she put her online when I saw the email notification. Kim comes up on the google search now. When I 1st entered Kim, Brenda was the case worker but Carrie has her moms case, so I assume they put Carrie on Kim's. Normally Brenda takes kids because she's NCMEC.

I looked at Kim's NamUs the other day, saw she had DNA, so checked her mothers profile to see if they added it for her, they had not. Her daughter, Kim's sister was supposed to give the sample. I emailed Dustin to let him know, apparently it's fixed now, they both have DNA

Kimberly Cozart NamUs MP # 29117 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
JOYCE HARPER NamUs MP # 18020 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

CA – Kimberly Cozart, W/F, 14, Julian, San Diego Co, 1 Feb 1977

Kimberly Cozart
*Alias: Kimberly Harper

Capture.JPG Capture2 (2).JPG

Last Contact: Tuesday, February 1st, 1977
Missing From: Julian, San Diego County, California

Physical Description:
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 07/07/1962
Height: 5’0”-5’3” (60”-67”)
Weight: 100-120 lbs.
Hair: Reddish Brown (Auburn), Long
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars:
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Not Available
DNA Status: Available

Circumstances:
Kimberly was last known to be living on Banner Grade Road in Julian, San Diego County, California in February 1977.

Kimberly’s mother Joyce Harper disappeared two years prior in January 1975 from Potrero, San Diego County, California

Kimberly and Joyce were reported missing by Kimberly’s sister in Dec 1995. It is not clear as to whether Kimberly and her mother Joyce disappearances were related.

Investigating Agencies:
San Diego Sheriff’s, Cold Case Homicide Detail
PO Box 939062
San Diego, CA
Tele: 858.974.2321 / 858.565.5200
E-Mail: SDSO.Homicide@sdsheriff.org
MP Case # 95-087102 / 95-087102H
Web: San Diego County Sheriff’s Department | Cold Case Homicide Investigations

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 29117: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Allison O’Neal
Tele: 817.372.4169
E-Mail: Allison.Oneal@unthsc.edu

Doe Network 3696DFCA: 3696DFCA - Kimberly Cozart

The Charley Project: Kimberly Cozart – The Charley Project

Missing Adult Kids: Find Missing Kimberly Cozart!

News/Blogs:

Last edited:
I entered Kim, she and her mother both have DNA from Kim's sister . They moved pretty fast after I entered her from what I remember .

I looked at Kim's NamUs the other day, saw she had DNA, so checked her mothers profile to see if they added it for her, they had not. Her daughter, Kim's sister was supposed to give the sample. I emailed Dustin to let him know, apparently it's fixed now, they both have DNA

Kimberly Cozart NamUs MP # 29117 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
JOYCE HARPER NamUs MP # 18020 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Find Missing Kimberly Cozart!

Find Missing Kimberly Cozart!
Circumstances

Kimberly Cozart was last seen in Julian, California sometime in February 1977. She lived on Banner Grade Road. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Kimberly’s mother, Joyce Elizabeth Harper,, disappeared in 1975. She vanished approximately two years before her daughter. Both were reported missing on the same day: December 15, 1995. It’s unclear whether the two cases are otherwise related, but both of them remain unsolved.

https://i1.wp.com/missingadultskids.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/flyer-page-0-1.jpg?ssl=1

I wonder if the daughter waited 20 years out of fear and maybe waiting for someone to pass. And now here we are, 25 years later. It’s so strange that we know nothing surrounding either disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back