UK - Prince Philip, 99, hospitalized after feeling unwell, Feb 2021; died 9 Apr 2021

Here, here!

RIP, HRH Phillip! Thanks for your service to us all during World War II!

Yes! Watching the BBC YT link video brought thoughts of the bravery by soooo many during WWII. The Brits are a brave lot... history has proved it so. I hope the royal family will continue to be so steadfast in their love and duty to men and country.

Organisers are keen to keep the funeral procession to a minimum to avoid attracting large gatherings and the public has been asked not to try to attend.

Meanwhile, with funerals currently limited to 30 people, the Queen may have decide who will be allowed to attend.

Family members – along with the monarch herself – could be forced to wear face coverings and socially distance with their own households.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...l/news-story/790fa16d21a432b30f75734b3edffc9e
I wondered about this. And I'm hoping the Queen doesn't pass during this pandemic.

I am devastated he won’t reach 100 years of age and get a card off the Queen.

He had many faults but he did so much for the country and it will be a great loss to the Queen.

[QUOTE="oceanblueeyes, post: 16741382, member: 2075c]Where do you read that? TIA!

I've only seen glowing words, respect for him, and the Queen when I watched for about three hours this morning.

RSBM

This isn't a slight by Asyousay, he was very well known here for his gaffs - he wouldn't have denied it himself I am sure

image.jpg

Members of the Honourable Artillery Company fire a 41-round gun salute from the wharf at the Tower of London, to mark the death of Prince Philip, in London, Saturday, April 10, 2021. Britain's Prince Philip, the irascible and tough-minded husband of Queen Elizabeth II who spent more than seven decades supporting his wife in a role that mostly defined his life, died on Friday. (Dominic Lipinski/PA via AP)
image.jpg

A balloon left by a member of the public hangs outside the gates of Windsor Castle, a day after the death of Britain's Prince Philip, in Windsor, England, Saturday, April 10, 2021. Britain's Prince Philip, the irascible and tough-minded husband of Queen Elizabeth II who spent more than seven decades supporting his wife in a role that mostly defined his life, died on Friday. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)
Charles: Royal family 'deeply grateful' for world's support
''LONDON -- Britain's Prince Charles said the royal family is "deeply grateful" for outpouring of support they've received following the death of his father, Prince Philip.

In a deeply personal message, the heir to the throne said he was touched by the number of people around the world who have shared the family's loss and sorrow.

"My dear Papa was a very special person who I think, above all else, would have been amazed by the reaction and the touching things that have been said about him," Charles said. "And from that point of view we are, my family, deeply grateful for all that. It will sustain us in this particular loss and at this particularly sad time."

Prince Philip to have ceremonial funeral on April 17, Harry to attend but not Meghan | Calgary Herald

“.....The funeral will be broadcast live. There will be a period of national mourning until the end of Saturday April 17. The royal family will observe two weeks of royal mourning.

WHO WILL ATTEND?
Prince Charles and other members of the royal family will take part in the procession on foot behind Philip’s coffin. The queen will not walk in the procession.

Prince Harry plans to attend the funeral though his pregnant wife Meghan has be advised not to by her physician.

“The Duke of Sussex is planning to attend,” a Buckingham Palace spokesman said. “The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel.

The guest list for the funeral will be limited to 30 in line with government guidelines, meaning attendees will wear masks.....”

I’m pasting the link to an excellent comprehensive and interesting article featuring the life of Prince Philip. As everyone may know Canada is a member of the British Commonwealth and for that reason “Royal” this and that is extremely common throughout our land, plus the Queen’s effigy appears on much of our currency. So I feel somewhat connected to the monarchy and am saddened by his passing. However at the age of 99 no doubt he lived a full and satisfying life, remarkably never at the main core of major scandal. May he RIP.

Prince Philip, Husband of Queen Elizabeth II, Is Dead at 99

Where do you read that? TIA!

I've only seen glowing words, respect for him, and the Queen when I watched for about three hours this morning. Plus them putting up beautiful photos of when they both were young with the Queen so beautiful, and he was such a handsome man, and all the videos of them through the many many years they shared together.

I found it very moving, and well done.

I'm glad he probably wasn't aware of the interview as I know it had to be heartbreaking for his devoted wife, and Queen to bear. If he had been aware I know he would be hurt too at the hurtful words said. I'm thankful he didn't have that added stress to deal with, and died peacefully.

I have no doubt both the Queen, and Prince loves H&M and their baby very much.

Jmho
I agree, he didn’t have a lot of faults, he just spoke his mind and I really liked him for that. A lot of the media used to pounce on him with some of the comments he made. The next King needs to take a lot of leaves out of his Fathers Book. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back