Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely pains me to read how hard some of you have to work to get this vaccine. In Kansas, we are having to beg people to get vaccinated and almost every day there are surplus appointments. It is ridiculous!

My 20-something daughter got her first shot yesterday at a pharmacy. She observed that most other people getting the shot in line with her also made purchases in the store. Makes sense to me - might as well pick up items you need while you're there. So, stores are perhaps getting a boost in sales just by being a vaccination provider. (And good for them.)

jmo

It absolutely pains me to read how hard some of you have to work to get this vaccine. In Kansas, we are having to beg people to get vaccinated and almost every day there are surplus appointments. It is ridiculous!

Sadly, it is now that way in AL, too.

States with more vaccine than demand should send excess doses to Michigan. MOO

COVID-19 vaccine affects imaging results, researchers warn

This is interesting. My husband had Moderna vaccine in January. He has an enlarged swelling on his neck, went in for CT scan, it is a benign tumor, no need for treatment. During that CT scan, they identified a spot on his lung.

I decided to look this up, in regards to the vaccine...as he had not had issues prior. And it has been noted in other people.

Now, whether or not this is "causation" is unknown. Simply correlation. After all, primarily older people are taking the vaccine, and older people have more medical issues.

Interesting that Utah is #50 in states for vaccinated population, because of the higher level of children in Utah population, and children under 16 are not cleared for vaccine yet.
Why does Utah rank as one of the slowest states at vaccinating residents against COVID-19?

COVID-19 vaccine affects imaging results, researchers warn

This is interesting. My husband had Moderna vaccine in January. He has an enlarged swelling on his neck, went in for CT scan, it is a benign tumor, no need for treatment. During that CT scan, they identified a spot on his lung.

I decided to look this up, in regards to the vaccine...as he had not had issues prior. And it has been noted in other people.

Now, whether or not this is "causation" is unknown. Simply correlation. After all, primarily older people are taking the vaccine, and older people have more medical issues.

Interesting that Utah is #50 in states for vaccinated population, because of the higher level of children in Utah population, and children under 16 are not cleared for vaccine yet.
Why does Utah rank as one of the slowest states at vaccinating residents against COVID-19?

I posted perhaps in another thread, that I had my annual mammy 3 days after first shot of Pfizer. Was called to do a follow-up diagnostic, which I had scheduled. Now cancelled as it to was to be right after my second shot. They said to wait 4-6 weeks so this doesn't happen as a false concern. When I got my second shot, they told me that this was happening. And yep, the questionable area was in the side where I got my shot.

I had sinus pressure so bad I broke down and took my Zyrtec. I was trying not to take anything.
Thanks! It’s been very strange. I felt pretty crummy (fever, achy in addition to the nose stuff), rallied for a few hours, felt crummy again and right now I feel almost completely fine. Even my arm isn’t hurting much. Not nearly as much as after the first vaccine. Waiting to see if I’m done or there’s another cycle coming.

At the end of the day, I don’t care how rotten I feel. I ecstatic I finally got my shots!!!

I posted perhaps in another thread, that I had my annual mammy 3 days after first shot of Pfizer. Was called to do a follow-up diagnostic, which I had scheduled. Now cancelled as it to was to be right after my second shot. They said to wait 4-6 weeks so this doesn't happen as a false concern. When I got my second shot, they told me that this was happening. And yep, the questionable area was in the side where I got my shot.

Hmm, it has been about 8 weeks now since his last vaccine. So, I am not sure. They will call us, if he needs a biopsy.

Now, my Mother believes that there is a "vaccine" conspiracy. She says that the media is not reporting the fact that people die from the Covid vaccine.

Well, whatever. We know that people have definitely died from Covid.

Thanks! It’s been very strange. I felt pretty crummy (fever, achy in addition to the nose stuff), rallied for a few hours, felt crummy again and right now I feel almost completely fine. Even my arm isn’t hurting much. Not nearly as much as after the first vaccine. Waiting to see if I’m done or there’s another cycle coming.

At the end of the day, I don’t care how rotten I feel. I ecstatic I finally got my shots!!!

Congrats, Colorado303 and everyone. :)

Had my second Moderna does this past Tuesday. Yesterday felt a huge lump/mass under my arm on the same side as I had the shot - apparently swollen lymph nodes. I'm glad I had read about this a few weeks ago after a friend mentioned he had this happen after his first dose. Or I would have been sooo freaked out/panicked after feeling that yesterday. I guess it's a pretty common side effect, to the point that it's appearing on women's mammograms. It's down a little bit today.

Ugh, ya’ll. Got my second dose of Moderna yesterday. I feel pretty sick. Weak, spine and joint pain, fatigue, low fever, last night I was shaking with chills, dizzy, brain fog and feeling weird and hollow. I think my lymph nodes are swollen too. I’ve been in bed all day. Just got up to try to eat but have to lie back down.

It feels like the flu. I would classify the symptoms as moderate (severe would be needing medical care, IMO).

One of my brothers had the same. The other did not. My mom did not. I’m still waiting on other family to get the second dose.

It’s totally worth it to me. A day or two of this and then immunity? Awesome.

It scares me to think what actual COVID would have been like for me.

Ugh, ya’ll. Got my second dose of Moderna yesterday. I feel pretty sick. Weak, spine and joint pain, fatigue, low fever, last night I was shaking with chills, dizzy, brain fog and feeling weird and hollow. I think my lymph nodes are swollen too. I’ve been in bed all day. Just got up to try to eat but have to lie back down.

It feels like the flu. I would classify the symptoms as moderate (severe would be needing medical care, IMO).

One of my brothers had the same. The other did not. My mom did not. I’m still waiting on other family to get the second dose.

(Congrats and hugs, g. ❤️)

So glad you got your second dose and so sorry you are feeling yuck @gitana1. I had all of those exact symptoms after dose 2 of Moderna. Day 2 was the worst, day 3 I wasn't quite as recovered as I thought I was, and now pretty back to normal. Those two days are an actual blur at this point, I have a vague memory of them it's really weird. I bet you'll start feeling back to yourself very soon.

So glad you got your second dose and so sorry you are feeling yuck @gitana1. I had all of those exact symptoms after dose 2 of Moderna. Day 2 was the worst, day 3 I wasn't quite as recovered as I thought I was, and now pretty back to normal. Those two days are an actual blur at this point, I have a vague memory of them it's really weird. I bet you'll start feeling back to yourself very soon.

Yes! I feel WEIRD. Brain fog. My eyesight is off. Like things look unreal a little. And I have no interest in anything. Like I can’t really watch tv. Or read. I can watch short animal videos. I don’t get it.

I did take some aspirin about 45 minutes ago and am feeling a bit better.

It’s yucky but I just feel this is a small price to pay for immunity. It’s worth it to me! Hedging my bets.

I’m also pretty stoked that I feel this way but without the typical respiratory issues that I would have with a cold or flu.

The terrible reaction I had to the vaccine really made me wonder about how bad I would have felt if I had actually caught Covid. Not sure that there is a correlation, but glad I didn't get Covid.

I had the Pfizer vaccine 5 days ago. The only side effect was a tenderness when touching the injection site the next day. Some of my siblings experienced more unpleasant side effects with the Moderna vaccine, but they were fine after 3 days. The one younger family member from Florida who has a history of autoimmune problems reacted badly to the first Moderna shot and had a very rough time with the second one, which she has recovered from.

My first shot was April 6th and my appointment for my next shot is July 27. I won't speak to how Canada has screwed up. Just noting my experience, and family experiences re the vaccine.

Wow, I knew I hadn't been on Websleuths for quite awhile, but when I checked it turns out I haven't been on since April 21 of last year. I guess I was just overwhelmed with talking about Covid.

My perspective a year later, April 12, 2021....I'm enormously grateful for the vaccine. I'm in NYC and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment when I became eligible. At last, though, I've had both doses plus two weeks, which puts me as safe as can be, considering the variants et. al. First dose I had the same sore arm as with the flu shot. Second dose, I had the sore arm, fever and chills. That lasted less than a full day. As with @gitana1 and others, my thoughts were "thank God. If this were Covid, what a steep slope I'd be sliding down." But I knew it was nothing.

In this year I've lost several friends to Covid. One just two weeks ago, even though she knew everything about masks, social distancing etc. She hadn't gotten her shot yet and all I could think about was if only she had. My other friends died in March and April of 2020, and one in August. But this friend died after there was a vaccine. I also know several people who got Covid post-vaccine but before they reached immunity, shortly after the first dose, but their cases were mild.

I encourage everyone to get vaccinated IMO. I'm trying now to get appointments for my 39-year old daughter and 16- year old granddaughter. They are eligible here in NY but I can't find any availability yet.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been indoors most of the year. I'm sure everyone has stories to tell, but I certainly can't catch up with a year's worth of WS posts, and just read this page.

Wow, I knew I hadn't been on Websleuths for quite awhile, but when I checked it turns out I haven't been on since April 21 of last year. I guess I was just overwhelmed with talking about Covid.

My perspective a year later, April 12, 2021....I'm enormously grateful for the vaccine. I'm in NYC and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment when I became eligible. At last, though, I've had both doses plus two weeks, which puts me as safe as can be, considering the variants et. al. First dose I had the same sore arm as with the flu shot. Second dose, I had the sore arm, fever and chills. That lasted less than a full day. As with @gitana1 and others, my thoughts were "thank God. If this were Covid, what a steep slope I'd be sliding down." But I knew it was nothing.

In this year I've lost several friends to Covid. One just two weeks ago, even though she knew everything about masks, social distancing etc. She hadn't gotten her shot yet and all I could think about was if only she had. My other friends died in March and April of 2020, and one in August. But this friend died after there was a vaccine. I also know several people who got Covid post-vaccine but before they reached immunity, shortly after the first dose, but their cases were mild.

I encourage everyone to get vaccinated IMO. I'm trying now to get appointments for my 39-year old daughter and 16- year old granddaughter. They are eligible here in NY but I can't find any availability yet.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been indoors most of the year. I'm sure everyone has stories to tell, but I certainly can't catch up with a year's worth of WS posts, and just read this page.

Arkay, welcome back! I'm happy to hear that you have gotten through the past year all right and that you are fully vaccinated. I'm sorry about all the losses in your life due to Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member