Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed it...but I find it too strange that in almost a years time not one, ONE, of Suzanne's friends have come forward to talk about what a warm, nice person she was...express an emotion, express their personal loss. I look around at my personal friends and if one were to suddenly vanish, VANISH!!! INTO THIN AIR, you would definitely hear my voice.

I may have missed it...but I find it too strange that in almost a years time not one, ONE, of Suzanne's friends have come forward to talk about what a warm, nice person she was...express an emotion, express their personal loss. I look around at my personal friends and if one were to suddenly vanish, VANISH!!! INTO THIN AIR, you would definitely hear my voice.
There is no doubt Suzanne was loved by many, not a bad word has ever been said. But it makes you wonder how well people really knew her, in the sense of a close personal friend. Was Barry so off-putting no one really came around? You know that couple where you really like one of them, but the other is unbearable? Definitely one of the oddest things about this case. If she's ever found or Barry is arrested, will people speak out then?

There is no doubt Suzanne was loved by many, not a bad word has ever been said. But it makes you wonder how well people really knew her, in the sense of a close personal friend. Was Barry so off-putting no one really came around? You know that couple where you really like one of them, but the other is unbearable? Definitely one of the oddest things about this case. If she's ever found or Barry is arrested, will people speak out then?
My first husband was the reason my friends stopped coming around. So I can see it happening, but I do wonder why there are no MSM interviews with close friends. Maybe they have been asked by LE to not do media interviews. Would be nice tho, not necessarily details of last contact, just to hear she is loved and missed. I want the details too, but not at the risk of the integrity of the investigation.

It is baffling, indeed. Never seen anything like it, to be honest. I suppose if you go by all the hearsay, people are scared of Barry. It's easy for me to say I would not give 2 carps about what he thought of me speaking out about my friend, but I have to wonder if most of her friends are still struggling with trying to comprehend if he's a murderer or not, and that's too frightening to ponder. And not only a murderer, but one that has obviously hidden her so well, she's not been found in almost a year. That is quite a terrifying thought that someone you know, or one of your friend's husband, could be so diabolical. I would also assume since they were married for so long, and came from the same small town in Indiana, most of her friends are his friends, too. But who knows. It's all so bizarre.

It is baffling, indeed. Never seen anything like it, to be honest. I suppose if you go by all the hearsay, people are scared of Barry. It's easy for me to say I would not give 2 carps about what he thought of me speaking out about my friend, but I have to wonder if most of her friends are still struggling with trying to comprehend if he's a murderer or not, and that's too frightening to ponder. And not only a murderer, but one that has obviously hidden her so well, she's not been found in almost a year. That is quite a terrifying thought that someone you know, or one of your friend's husband, could be so diabolical. I would also assume since they were married for so long, and came from the same small town in Indiana, most of her friends are his friends, too. But who knows. It's all so bizarre.

She was younger than him by almost 4 years I think.
MOO college friends did come to Colorado for a visit there is a video from that time. But it is strange. They don't appear to support BM either.

Last edited:
I went back and listened to MG’s interview. She stated that he was outside her house at 4am. If you have other information that may be important, as in my opinion between 11pm (possible machinery noise) and 5am (when he left SM sleeping) were critical times during the event and or coverup.
You should probably listen again. Nowhere in that interview does Morgan state anything about BM being outside her place.

I believe there was one long distance friend who gave a verbal/Covid safe interview but I’ll say imo since I can’t remember when. It was before GM passed, I believe. But otherwise, the silence on all fronts (LE/family/friends/associates/moms of friends from school) seems very very odd doesn’t it? What are the odds that LE asked everyone to shush and every single one has complied? There’s not a rebel in the bunch who says enough is enough and speaks out? There’s no one who wants even their 15 minutes of fame that we see all the time? Everyone she ever knew is quiet and compliant and patient? Think of your own circle. I’m sure you think there are some who’d be out beating the bushes looking for you, right? Some would be sending emails to all the media and tv stations to get your name out there. Somebody would be hounding LE. You’d be on the prayer chain at your church. Somebody’s mom who knew you through others would be posting on fb or blabbing about you to other moms. None of this, not one bit, is what I expected.

I looked in my notes and found a few friends that have spoken up.

Michelle Davis:
Michelle Davis and Suzanne were childhood friends. They attended church together, and they became even closer when each friend received a cancer diagnosis. “Everybody liked Suzanne, it was never a popularity thing with her,” Davis said. “She was just that girl that everybody liked. She would never try to get noticed. She had a natural beauty about her.”

Amy McCurry, childhood friend:
Suzanne has always been a wonderful person. Growing up, she truly was kind to everyone. She would always be there to lend an ear, if you needed it. Quiet, beautiful, always carried herself well.

Holly Burman:
Holly Burman said she and Suzanne became friends as their daughters began spending time together. “She’s lots of fun and likes to things with the girls, and that is why I don’t think she would have left on her own,” Burman said. “Those girls mean too much to her to do that.”
Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

Karry Wooddell:
“She was one of those people that would make you feel happy when you saw her,” Karry Wooddell said. “She was someone who would make you feel comfortable and she was so kind and open and would do anything for you.”

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

I have not commented on this thread much.

But Suzanne still being missing breaks my heart. I am haunted at the moment by BM's narcissistic tendencies, what appears to be a cover story right after SM disappeared, what her daughters must feel, and a big western state with lots of spaces.

My $0.02

I looked in my notes and found a few friends that have spoken up.

Michelle Davis:
Michelle Davis and Suzanne were childhood friends. They attended church together, and they became even closer when each friend received a cancer diagnosis. “Everybody liked Suzanne, it was never a popularity thing with her,” Davis said. “She was just that girl that everybody liked. She would never try to get noticed. She had a natural beauty about her.”

Amy McCurry, childhood friend:
Suzanne has always been a wonderful person. Growing up, she truly was kind to everyone. She would always be there to lend an ear, if you needed it. Quiet, beautiful, always carried herself well.

Holly Burman:
Holly Burman said she and Suzanne became friends as their daughters began spending time together. “She’s lots of fun and likes to things with the girls, and that is why I don’t think she would have left on her own,” Burman said. “Those girls mean too much to her to do that.”
Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

Karry Wooddell:
“She was one of those people that would make you feel happy when you saw her,” Karry Wooddell said. “She was someone who would make you feel comfortable and she was so kind and open and would do anything for you.”

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Some friends back home are part of a fundraiser in Alexandria for a Day of Celebration for Suzanne. A park bench will be dedicated in Suzanne’s honor on what would have been her 50th birthday, in the community garden.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 20.38.47.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 20.38.47.png
    651.4 KB · Views: 29
1. The pings would reveal his true location.

2. His call would be taped and content and voice analyzed.

3. He had not yet entirely worked out his cover story.

JMOO
BBM
And if BM was not involved with SMs disappearance, why would BM be apprehensive about LE knowing his location & analyzing his call to 911?
Everything points to BM involvement:

1) setting up bike ride theory for the neighbor to report to LE

2) Sloppy alibi (no work permit obtained for working on Mother’s Day, last minute work crew pulled together, wrong tools taken to Broomfield)

3) Lack of aggressive action in searching for SM

4) Opportunity was certainly there with daughters out of town

5) Too many “what happened” theories suggested by BM because BM was searching for a scenario the public & LE would get behind and support.
All MOO of course.

I think my memory turned into a pretzel when it comes to the facts in this case.

Someone please direct me back to an audio/video interview of MG stating she heard BM's truck outside her place at 4am on Mother's Day. Not someone else, telling someone else, that this is what MG said, but MG herself, making this statement.

Does this piece of information actually exist, or are we all going by heresay on this one because it was Chris "Sleuthy Riddles" McDonough that actually first informed the public about this?

(I like Chris, and the nickname was in jest, because he's a riddle guy - just fyi).

Here’s the one and only interview MG has done. Please direct me where she’s said this.
Can’t find original source right now and not investing time looking back but many of us clearly remember as it’s been discussed over & over
Some calling it her apartment, some saying her house, many questions of why so early, why she thought it was BM, ad nausem
Idk @ MsBetsy referenced same memory

Can’t find original source right now and not investing time looking back but many of us clearly remember as it’s been discussed over & over
Some calling it her apartment, some saying her house, many questions of why so early, why she thought it was BM, ad nausem
Idk @ MsBetsy referenced same memory

Yes it's been discussed, that's correct. But the source is actually the question.
Some were mistakenly saying they saw/heard her say it (which was starting to actually confuse me and I've been following from day 1) but she never actually did.

If I have this mess straight, it was Chris McDonough, telling Nancy Grace on her podcast, that MG said this to LS. Now LS was on the same podcast and she never refuted it but that's a lotta hoops to jump through. If I understand it correctly, this is the very definition of heresay. The whole "he said that she said" when he never actually heard her say it, he was just repeating(?) what he'd been told (maybe?). It's a mess, and why it's not allowable in court.

Anyway, I think I have that right? Hoping that made sense.

I don't think anyone would complain if LS decided to write up an update on where the case is, and include this info from MG about the truck/4am business. If nothing else just to either confirm it or refute it. I suspect there are probably a LOT of little bits of info like this that we'll all be disgusted by, when the truth starts to come out (assuming it does).

jmo

I think my memory turned into a pretzel when it comes to the facts in this case.

Someone please direct me back to an audio/video interview of MG stating she heard BM's truck outside her place at 4am on Mother's Day. Not someone else, telling someone else, that this is what MG said, but MG herself, making this statement.

Does this piece of information actually exist, or are we all going by heresay on this one because it was Chris "Sleuthy Riddles" McDonough that actually first informed the public about this?

(I like Chris, and the nickname was in jest, because he's a riddle guy - just fyi).
I don't think there's any audio or even a direct quote of MG saying it. I believe the original source of the 4AM truck noise is this Nancy Grace interview with LS & CM: Wednesday Crime Stories: BOMBSHELL! Suzanne Morphew hubby caught searching dump for missing wife’s bike helmet

You can hear CM say it around 23:45.

Edit: whoops, you posted pretty much the same thing while I was composing my post. But yes, I believe that's the original source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa