Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did this “super mom” originate?
And what made her a “super mom”?
Children and a fulfilling yet demanding job?
President of the PTA?
Volunteer/Advocate of the year award?
JMO
IMO, it was perpetuated and blown up by the media. Made a great storyline! @Wyle_E_Coyote was spot on, I agree with your view on the situation 100%.

Where did this “super mom” originate?
And what made her a “super mom”?
Children and a fulfilling yet demanding job?
President of the PTA?
Volunteer/Advocate of the year award?
JMO

Her sister referred to her as a “super Mom” in the initial news stories and it took off. None of what you list is the reason. She didn’t work, as I recall. The kids were in daycare part time. She was active on Pinterest. I think she was helping organize some kind of run for charity. I don’t remember if she was always doing creative projects with her kids and cooking wonderful things. She liked having her picture taken looking over her husband’s shoulder (his back to the camera) with bedroom eyes. I’m honestly not sure why her sister called her a super Mom, unless she was being sarcastic.

Her sister referred to her as a “super Mom” in the initial news stories and it took off. None of what you list is the reason. She didn’t work, as I recall. The kids were in daycare part time. She was active on Pinterest. I think she was helping organize some kind of run for charity. I don’t remember if she was always doing creative projects with her kids and cooking wonderful things. She liked having her picture taken looking over her husband’s shoulder (his back to the camera) with bedroom eyes. I’m honestly not sure why her sister called her a super Mom, unless she was being sarcastic.

Another possibility is that Sherri is a wonderful mom and her sister is acknowledging that fact. JMO

You're correct, it came from the sister. Something about Sherri baking pies that were GORGEOUS and perfect. The comment sounded stupid in the context of a potential kidnapping. Like it was over the top for no other reason than to sound like you were really connected to a sister you rarely see.

But it was the media that dubbed the super mom persona.

You're correct, it came from the sister. Something about Sherri baking pies that were GORGEOUS and perfect. The comment sounded stupid in the context of a potential kidnapping. Like it was over the top for no other reason than to sound like you were really connected to a sister you rarely see.

But it was the media that dubbed the super mom persona.
Gorgeous and perfect pies. Yep, a clear sign that Sherri's sister didn't spend time with her. LOL

This guy who has come forward to say she was with him the entire time - this could easily be proven by the police, right? Although she refused a rape test kit, she did have male DNA on her.

I think she just wants this to all go away because she is back home with her husband and children - and I think she made this all up for attention/something from her husband.

I do hope she received some help. Although, as she gets older, some of her insecurities / issues may resolve just from brain development. JMVHO

This guy who has come forward to say she was with him the entire time - this could easily be proven by the police, right? Although she refused a rape test kit, she did have male DNA on her.

I think she just wants this to all go away because she is back home with her husband and children - and I think she made this all up for attention/something from her husband.

I do hope she received some help. Although, as she gets older, some of her insecurities / issues may resolve just from brain development. JMVHO
Huh? I haven't seen anything about a man saying he was with her the whole time. Links?

bbm
Considering their haul from the crowd funding, maybe they just took the money and ran.

But it feels too simplistic.
There are other ways of making quick cash.

Query and speculation : Was there ever any instances of odd or unpredictable behavior from Sherri in the past ?
In high school ?
Or even before ?
Mental issues are a real thing and very sad.

Most of the time those people need sympathetic and professional help; and more counseling than you'd get from a concerned friend-- just saying.
Some just want attention that they're not getting at home.

Or was it just needing to be with the unnamed friend ?
Was it only that and nothing else ?
MOO

Perhaps the desire to visit the friend outweighed any and all repercussions, if she gave repercussions a thought at all, att. Then, she found herself humiliated upon returning but perhaps the free cash eased those feelings.

It appears SP exhibits extreme signs of histrionic behavior. This disorder could be and is likely co-morbid along with at least one other disorder.
Histrionic Personality is a mental health condition characterized by overwhelming desire to be noticed and dramatic behavior.

Most commonly noted symptoms of histrionic personality are:

• The person seeks attention - Extremely so
  • Talks dramatically with strong opinions
  • Is influenced easily - Not an original thought that's not about herself
  • Thinks relationships are closer than they are - Check
  • Rapid shifts in emotion
  • No thinking before acting - Obviously
  • Self- centered - To a destructive fault
  • Inappropriately seductive or flirtatious behavior - She cannot resist this sexual behavior. Unless Sherry's learned a lesson from the end results of the 'kidnapping', then this behavior likely will not stop.
We can hope some of the crowd source funding was spent on counseling treatments.

I wish I knew why every two or three months, like clockwork, someone feels the need to drag up this case. The current hot topic is this New York Post article (and a million people referencing it with geometrically increasing inaccuracy)

Sherri Papini case remains unsolved four years after kidnapping

Which says in part that an unnamed source has told the post that an unidentified tipster called the Shasta County Sheriff's department claiming that Sherri was with him the entire time she was missing.

No one has "come forward" in the slightest. In fact this source is concealed behind no fewer than three levels of anonymity which is where it starts being doubtful that it even exists.

In a professional law enforcement agency since nothing has come of this report in at least six months we might conclude that the tip was followed up and found to be unsubstantiated but considering what we have seen from that office I'm equally inclined to believe it was never credible if it even ever existed to begin with.

It appears that the media/aka MSM feels the need to keep dragging up this case.
And not the WS members.

Possibly because it remains unsolved ?
Who knows ?
It could be solved, and basically go away if certain persons would come forward and tell the truth.
LE do not know who the mystery man was or who the dna belonged to.

So the members participating on this thread might only be responding to the msm articles.
We contribute to a mystery case or other cases to help solve and to learn more within the confines of msm.
So in essence it seems like part of this forum is to contribute.
It'd be a lonely place if no one ever posted.
Just my .02. ;)

I wish I knew why every two or three months, like clockwork, someone feels the need to drag up this case. The current hot topic is this New York Post article (and a million people referencing it with geometrically increasing inaccuracy).

Because it's a true crime discussion forum and this unsolved case still intrigues many people.
And will continue to intrigue people as time goes by, and more and more people discover it, and it remains unsolved.

It's none of my business why anyone comments on any case, but if they want to, that's what the forum is for.

jmo

It boggles my mind that anyone believes the Papinis' story. I 100% believe the "three-layer deep" anonymous source way more than I believe "supermom."

Unless the husband grows a pair and finally tells what actually happened (if he even knows), we'll never know.

It boggles my mind that anyone believes the Papinis' story. I 100% believe the "three-layer deep" anonymous source way more than I believe "supermom."

Unless the husband grows a pair and finally tells what actually happened (if he even knows), we'll never know.
I absolutely do not believe the story but I honestly don't know what to make of it all. How much is real, how much isn't, as in, how she sustained the reported physical injuries - from someone else or self-harm, where she really was while she was gone, was anyone else in on it, all of it, really.

I want to know the truth and I don't think the public has been told the truth.

So, I'll keep coming back and checking in with all y'all because... that's what we do here. :)

I believe battered women who say they were assaulted unless there is actual evidence to the contrary. Furthermore I don't believe the public has a right to know every detail of women's assaults.

I absolutely do not believe the story but I honestly don't know what to make of it all. How much is real, how much isn't, as in, how she sustained the reported physical injuries - from someone else or self-harm, where she really was while she was gone, was anyone else in on it, all of it, really.

I want to know the truth and I don't think the public has been told the truth.

So, I'll keep coming back and checking in with all y'all because... that's what we do here. :)
bbm
Ita; and interesting.
Hmm.
A possible cry for more attention than she was getting at home ?
Imo.

I believe battered women who say they were assaulted unless there is actual evidence to the contrary. Furthermore I don't believe the public has a right to know every detail of women's assaults.

I don't need "all the details." I'd simply like to know if her legs were hairy or shaved after three weeks of being "held captive." That is all.

ETA: disclaimer: I'm a woman who has been assaulted by more than one man in my lifetime. I still think she's full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23