CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

Jen Overstreet Tyner
March 16, 2021
We would like to get the word out that John Liu, owner of the Nicola Ranch in Merritt, has added $15,000 to our reward monies for a total of up to $30,000 (Canadian) to be given to anyone who provides information that leads to finding Ben and to the arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for harming Ben. We are extremely grateful to John for matching our funds. We are still in weekly contact with RCMP and feel that real progress is being made. Your continued prayers and support are as always greatly appreciated! Stay safe!

I’ve been following this case from the beginning too. I want so much for this person/ these people to be caught. It’s been such a long time. Ben needs justice. So sad.

If there ever was a criminal case where I believe somebody out there knows important information, it’s this one. Hopefully the additional reward money will motivate them to talk.

Maybe. Unless someone is either really really loyal or too terrified to talk.

This seems optimistic as well - “We are still in weekly contact with RCMP and feel that real progress is being made.”

Who knows, perhaps there’s a belief a larger financial incentive will prove beneficial to the progress..

January can be very cold and dark. I've often wondered if Ben's body was transported a far distance away from Merritt.
Well, it seems his horse was transported a ways off and dropped there, to make it look as if Ben had an accident out in the wilds. Perhaps, Ben was in the same vehicle towing the horse trailer. JMO

I agree he for sure was a big guy. When Ben Tyner became missing alot of snow was falling shortly after. What I dont understand why a well known big foot hunter was up here trying to help?

I disagree, there are many similarities between the missing in Merritt. If it was a drug transaction gone wrong, they wouldn't hide the bodies, to make a statement. Ben and A few others missing, seemed to have the same girlfriend, same location, same lack of evidence as well as the same fact they are gone poof.

I disagree, there are many similarities between the missing in Merritt. If it was a drug transaction gone wrong, they wouldn't hide the bodies, to make a statement. Ben and A few others missing, seemed to have the same girlfriend, same location, same lack of evidence as well as the same fact they are gone poof.

It has been a long time since he went missing--I have thought
about this case from time to time--- sorry to hear there is no
news

Wasnt Gagnon working on the Smiley Face Killers in the States, same scenario but no smiley faces spray painted anywhere. His work is impressive IMO. ;-)

Wasnt Gagnon working on the Smiley Face Killers in the States, same scenario but no smiley faces spray painted anywhere. His work is impressive IMO. ;-)

Sorry, I seem to be a little confused. So are you saying in your opinion, Ben was seeing some a local woman, she's known to be connected to men who disappear, but RCMP can't find traces of them? And this guy Dean is somehow up in all of this? Is their a local bar in the area he disappeared? I still feel the burning of the church was oddly connected somehow, someway.

IMO, I've honestly always found the arsonist and the church burning, along with a few oddities around the same time, make this more complicated than it seems. Ben wasn't hardly even there that long before he disappeared. :( Idk, I'm a very visual person, and now I can't help but wonder, is there a local girl dating a hot head?

Apologies y'all. All these comments had me thinking out loud. I've feel so bad for Ben's family. Really hope the reward being doubled helps.
I really hope they find Ben and bring him home. He and his family deserve justice and more. JMO MOO. Please feel free to delete, especially if too irrelevant.

I’ve always believed there’s a strong possibility the arson of the Murray Church situated at Nicola Ranch on Jan 11, 2019 was connected to Ben’s disappearance on Jan 26, 2019 as well. Maybe Ben assisted in identifying the arsonist?

Media interview immediately following the arsons -
Missing Merritt cowboy on Global News | Watch News Videos Online

Most recent media report dated March 12, 2021 and an (unknown) trial date has finally been set -
https://cfjctoday.com/2021/03/12/man-charged-in-merritt-church-fires-in-court/
August Caprian is facing three charges of arson and one of break and enter with intent to commit arson stemming from the January 11, 2019 burning of the Murray Church and two other places of worship.

While the Murray Church was burnt to the ground, the Crossroads and Shulus Catholic churches were also damaged that night.......

......Further details are not currently available as the court has issued a publication ban on the specifics of the case.”

If it’s connected, that’d fit in a few ways -
- the gracious patience displayed by Ben’s family.
- the publication ban, to prevent any direct connection to Ben.
- if Ben’s death was in retaliation the arson in some way, the perpetrator of the arson would have to be proven first (ie conviction).
- the accused’s prior record involving violence.

All my opinion.

ETA - Link to BC Court Services Online - criminal records search -
CSO - Search Traffic/Criminal By Participant Name

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members