MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #17 - Chauvin Trial Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been really wondering WHY the state didn't bring in those prior to incidences as one shows he was praised for saving a life by putting in the prone stance.
RSBM

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that the State may only be allowed to introduce that information of prior acts in order to refute direct testimony from DC that he believed his use of force and failure to turn GF to the recovery position to be reasonable. Perhaps a legal expert can weigh in on that?

Court TV just replayed Fowler cross where state asked if there was a time after cardiac arrest where he potentially could have been been resuscitated and Fowler agreed...to me that was really an example of State using the witness to bring home their case....I hope he uses that in closing. What an admission by Fowler and to his credit he did not try to "confuse the jury" with any long explanation. There is none.

No way is Chauvin taking the stand. MOO this guy has a hot temper and an unusual affect, but I would love to be proven wrong!
I too suspect if he takes the stand (he won't) he would come across as a hothead and very arrogant. Just my own impression of Mr. Chauvin.

I hope that when this is all said and done no matter what the verdict is, Chauvin at least makes a statement to the family and asks for forgiveness.

Nelson says he's repeatedly told Chauvin it's his decision and his decision alone. Last night they had further discussion. Asks if he intends to testify. Chauvin decides to invoke his 5th amendment privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla