IL - Adam Toledo, 13, shot and killed by Chicago police officer, 29 Mar 2021

This looks like murder to me
This is what it looks like. But..
Wow, that was so hard to watch. This is beyond sad. 13 years old. When he turned with the gun the officer had no choice.
When I was watching it I thought it showed way to much.....until I saw/ heard the officer crying, saw him need to sit down. Every. Single. Person that thinks LE is filled with hate needs to watch that video.
“Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes for an instant.” – Henry David Thoreau

Adam Toledo: Prosecutor was not 'fully' informed

A key detail raised in court about the fatal police shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo may have been wrong.

During a bond hearing for 21-year-old Ruben Roman, who was with Adam the night of the shooting, Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy described the altercation in a proffer: “The officer tells [Toledo] to drop it as [Toledo] turns towards the officer. [Toledo] has a gun in his right hand.”
But now, in response to a WGN Investigates inquiry, the state’s attorney’s office says the detail about Adam having a gun in his hand the moment he was shot was inaccurate.…

Attachments

• 26E08773-16E6-4E6A-9312-C13AE7C18F5C.jpeg
    26E08773-16E6-4E6A-9312-C13AE7C18F5C.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 48
  • B65A1818-A837-4FDA-A055-1C4A9B726261.jpeg
    B65A1818-A837-4FDA-A055-1C4A9B726261.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 43
https://video-images.vice.com/artic...=0.9324xw:0.9989xh;0.0456xw,0xh&resize=1000:*
A SCREENSHOT OF VIDEO RELEASED BY THE CHICAGO POLICE DEPARTMENT THAT SHOWS POLICE SHOOTING 13-YEAR-OLD ADAM TOLEDO. (CIVILIAN OFFICE OF POLICE ACCOUNTABILITY)
A Chicago police officer chased Adam Toledo down a dark alley, shouting at the 13-year-old to show his “ hands,” before ultimately shooting him in the chest, according to new body camera footage released Thursday.

In the graphic video, Adam can be seen falling to the pavement after a single gunshot rang out, covered in blood and gasping for air.
Cook County prosecutors have said that an adult, 21-year-old Ruben Roman, fired a gun while standing near Toledo, according to the Chicago Tribune. He’s been charged with offenses including child endangerment, reckless discharge of a firearm, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.
Video Shows 13-Year-Old Adam Toledo Had His Hands Up When Cops Shot Him

Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis of video
The body cam footage shows an officer responding to a report of gunfire in Little Village, a predominantly Latino neighborhood on the city’s West Side on March 29.

Soon the officer is shown out of his squad car and engaged in a chase with Adam in an alleyway, the video shows.

The officer commands the suspect to stop several times and to show his hands.

At full speed, Adam’s exact actions in the video are difficult to discern and show he may have been raising his hands in the air instead of pointing toward the officer. However, police officials slowed down the video at the news conference to allow a frame-by-frame view of the split seconds when Adam turned toward the officer.

Reports say Adam appeared to have something, perhaps a shiny object, in his hand as he stopped and turned toward the officer, who opened fire immediately as Adam moved.

The boy falls backward to the ground with no further confrontation. Blood can be seen on his sweatshirt.

It’s unclear whether Adam was following the officer’s commands to surrender or if his sudden movement was actually a threat toward the officer. Later in the video, after other officers arrived on scene, a handgun can be seen lying on the ground on the other side of a fence where Adam went down. The gun, however, never appears near Adam as officers administered chest compressions to save his life.
UPDATE: Chicago police release video in fatal shooting of 13-year-old

Did 13 y/o have Gun?
I thought the 13-year old DIDN'T have a gun?
@Baciagalupo I have not yet watched any of the newly released vids, but per Ap. 5 MSM article, Mayor herself said he had a gun. Now (asst. district/state prosecutor?) walking the story back, no gun in 13 y/o's hand at time of shooting. A miscommunication btwn Mayor's ofc & prosecutor's ofc? A political move by one of them? IDK
Mayor already knows adult gave 13 y/o the gun? So Mayor knows 13 y/o did -
- not receive the gun from another juvenile.
- not clandestinely borrow or steal the gun.
- not find gun in a random place, like city bus, park bench, fast food booth, school restroom, etc.
How does the Mayor know it was not any of the above? She said "an adult gave a weapon to a child" so seems she must know gun-provider's identity to know it was an adult.
If an adult providing handgun (shown in MSM pic) to 13 y/o is a crime, that person may be arrested soon.
And I hope held accountable.

The officer told him to stop and put his hands up. Adam did so and the officer shot him. What else could Adam have done??

Actually what Adam did was stop, and turn toward the officer. His arms are spreading as he turns. IF he had nothing in either hand then he died because he didn't put his hands up. Instead he turned towards the officer. Ugh, this is horrible. I still can’t blame the officer.

Did 13 y/o have Gun?

@Baciagalupo I have not yet watched any of the newly released vids, but per Ap. 5 MSM article, Mayor herself said he had a gun. Now (asst. district/state prosecutor?) walking the story back, no gun in 13 y/o's hand at time of shooting. A miscommunication btwn Mayor's ofc & prosecutor's ofc? A political move by one of them? IDK
Mayor already knows adult gave 13 y/o the gun? So Mayor knows 13 y/o did -
- not receive the gun from another juvenile.
- not clandestinely borrow or steal the gun.
- not find gun in a random place, like city bus, park bench, fast food booth, school restroom, etc.
How does the Mayor know it was not any of the above? She said "an adult gave a weapon to a child" so seems she must know gun-provider's identity to know it was an adult.
If an adult providing handgun (shown in MSM pic) to 13 y/o is a crime, that person may be arrested soon.
And I hope held accountable.

Ruben Roman, the man with Toledo just before the fatal encounter with police, was arrested and charged with reckless discharge of a firearm, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, endangerment of a child and violating probation, police said.

Prosecutors claimed they have video of Roman firing shots before police responded and arrested him. Another officer chased Toledo, who allegedly had a gun in his right hand when he was shot once in the chest, authorities said.

Based on the video from the shooting officer, it was not clear if Toledo was holding a gun when he was shot.

https://trk.topdiscounts.org/111a1a...EFBKxmX5TWFHyPd2Mkytq2uydTyDI40go56SRyob168de

Last edited:
Actually what Adam did was stop, and turn toward the officer. His arms are spreading as he turns. IF he had nothing in either hand then he died because he didn't put his hands up. Instead he turned towards the officer. Ugh, this is horrible. I still can’t blame the officer.

I am utterly confused. His hands were empty and in the air when he was shot.....

I am unsure how someone sees this picture and does not see Adam with his hands up?

when Adam was first turning towards the officer his hands were up like that. In hindsight we may be able to say he was raising his hands as he turned . Please look at the part when he first starts to turn. His arm is out like he may be going to aim at the officer.
The whole thing is awful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back