LA LA - Reserve, BlkMale 35-55, UP76537, in train car from Indiana, mult tattoos, July’20

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP76537
upload_2021-4-13_16-52-32.png

Date Body Found:
July 3, 2020
Location Found: Reserve, St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana
ME/C Case Number: LSU 20-41
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Sex: Male
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years): 35-55
Estimated Year of Death: 2020
Estimated PMI: 1 Months
Estimated Height: 5' 4"-5' 10"(64-70 inches) ,
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Tattoos:
Two dice with the phrase "Playa 4 Life" on right chest
2. decorative cross with illumination lines and praying hands below a cross on the right upper arm
3. the phrase "1 Life 2 Live" and an image of a skull on the left upper arm
4. The phrases "Smile now" and "Cry later" on banners above and below an image of two faces (comedy/drama masks) on left forearm.

Circumstances of Recovery: Recovered from a train car that originated in Indiana.

What a weird story (again)

He was recovered from a train car, with a PMI of 1 month, without clothes (no mentioning of clothing in the Namus file)? What kind of train car? I guess a closed cargo train (car). Had it just arrived there, being part of a longer train, where from....or was the train car parked there for a long) time on a side track?

No COD known, he could been murdered and dumped there along the way, he could have climbed in it himself and died of natural courses/OD. Could be in Reserve (being a resident from that part of the state) or somewhere down the train stops on the track, coming from Indiana. (Indianapolis?)

I guess LE hopes someone recognizes him based on his tattoos, but I would like to see a little bit more information about the circumstances, to get "a feel", where to look first.

R-6328585-1416592629-2119.jpeg.jpg

Zeeda – Playa 4 Life

Format:CD, Album
Released:1996
Genre:Hip Hop
Style:Bounce, Gangsta

Zeeda was raised in the Fisher Housing Projects on the West bank of New Orleans.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1233486-Zeeda

Also performed by Lil' E. December 1, 1996

61wnAYcwcnL._SS500_.jpg

A reference to his tattoo?

This is from a FB post by
LSU FACES Laboratory https://www.facebook.com/lsufaceslab/photos/1900585533450003

In July 2020, the remains of a Black Male (35-55 years old) were discovered at a train yard in Reserve, Louisiana in St. John Parish. This man had tattoos on his torso (dice), right upper arm (cross with praying hands), left upper arm (skull), and left forearm (phrase "Smile Now, Cry Later"). The train associated with the remains may have originated in Indiana, however, the origin of this man is unknown.

This image is a digital facial approximation of what this man may have looked like. No information is known about this man's hair, so the hair in this rendering is only an approximation.

If you have any information about the identity of this man, please contact the St. John Parish Coroner's Office (985) 652-3344 or the LSU FACES Lab (225) 578-4761.

Can somebody tell me what a train yard is? Is this some kind of train car "parking place" like I suggested up-thread?

Is it this? We call it a shunting yard (translated from Dutch to English)?
A rail yard, railway yard, or railroad yard is a complex series of railroad tracks for storing, sorting, or loading and unloading railroad cars and locomotives. ... Railroad yards are normally built where there is a need to store cars while they are not being loaded or unloaded, or are waiting to be assembled into trains.

Last edited:
This is from a FB post by
LSU FACES Laboratory https://www.facebook.com/lsufaceslab/photos/1900585533450003

In July 2020, the remains of a Black Male (35-55 years old) were discovered at a train yard in Reserve, Louisiana in St. John Parish. This man had tattoos on his torso (dice), right upper arm (cross with praying hands), left upper arm (skull), and left forearm (phrase "Smile Now, Cry Later"). The train associated with the remains may have originated in Indiana, however, the origin of this man is unknown.

This image is a digital facial approximation of what this man may have looked like. No information is known about this man's hair, so the hair in this rendering is only an approximation.

If you have any information about the identity of this man, please contact the St. John Parish Coroner's Office (985) 652-3344 or the LSU FACES Lab (225) 578-4761.

Can somebody tell me what a train yard is? Is this some kind of train car "parking place" like I suggested up-thread?

Is it this?
A rail yard, railway yard, or railroad yard is a complex series of railroad tracks for storing, sorting, or loading and unloading railroad cars and locomotives. ... Railroad yards are normally built where there is a need to store cars while they are not being loaded or unloaded, or are waiting to be assembled into trains.
Yes to the rail yard question.

If he was found in a train car on a train yard that would explain a little bit more. Hypothetical the train (car) arrived there with a load from Indiana and was unloaded at Reserve and was put on the train yard, waiting for a possible new load.....his body was not seen or recovered while unloading, or was it? Nothing about that. It seems relevant to me. On what date did the train car arrive at Reserve? The train cars have a number IIRR...PMI is 1 month. Information about the movement of load/train cars must be on record somewhere ...Most logical, he must have been put there afterwards....meaning...it's most likely he is from LA, hide in the car and died or was dumped there. How hard can it be for LE to get a bit more information? Speculation....Thoughts?

Sorry for editing this post so many times.....

Last edited:
What is PMI?

It seems kind of odd that he had no tattoos relating to loved ones of any kind. No life experiences, no stories to tell other than (maybe) he lived on the wild side and then found religion? Was he newly released from prison?

More train info would certainly be helpful. Would someone at the Reserve railroad yard have that info? Maybe the coroner has it or could get it. I've never tried to track an unnamed person...are the LE cooperative?

What is PMI?

It seems kind of odd that he had no tattoos relating to loved ones of any kind. No life experiences, no stories to tell other than (maybe) he lived on the wild side and then found religion? Was he newly released from prison?

More train info would certainly be helpful. Would someone at the Reserve railroad yard have that info? Maybe the coroner has it or could get it. I've never tried to track an unnamed person...are the LE cooperative?

PMI is post mortem interval; Estimation of the post mortem interval is defined as the length of time between death and corpse discovery. ... Forensic entomology is considered the most accurate method for estimating the elapsed time since death, particularly when more than 3 days have elapsed.

In this particular case PMI is a month.

From my perspective and being around here for a while I noticed that some police departments, detectives and coroners are very open to the public and willing to answer questions...some are totally not, or you can't even get a hold on them. There might even be officers out there who think involvement of the public is a nuisance. My guess is it mostly comes down to a person handling a case, being motivated to find someones identity. Also I think it depends on crime rates/workload, backlogs and priorities (some cases are hot, others not) and of course circumstances of a case. While investigating a murder f.i. LE can't share a lot of info. Because I'm outside the US I've never made a call so I can not tell you my experiences with it, but I know others on here have managed to get additional information about unidentified persons.

Thanks for the PMI info and your thoughts.

If he entered the boxcar after it arrived at the railroad yard, would it be important to mention the train originated in Indiana?

I'd really like to have the train route along with the stops it made.

Date Body Found: July 3, 2020. PMI estimated 1 month, so let's say the body ended up in the train car, one way or another, around June 1st.

At what date did the train car arrive in Reserve? You would expect if this train car arrived loaded at Reserve from ? they would have noticed (smelled and insect activity) the body already while unloading.....Covid-19 could have intervened with unloading...stalling it...a dead body would be even more noticeable.....What was the reason the train car stood on the train yard and how long? Could the train car have arrived empty for future transport back along the track and nobody was bothered with it...until the body was found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back