Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

Pardon my ignorance in this case but Clinton Doe is still listed on NamUs as a missing person, however, a potential match that has been discussed has since been removed from NamUs (with little to zero information on him upon internet searching). Is this a strategy to preserve the Clinton's anonymity?

I’m also a little confused with this case. I first read that he was identified and they wanted to have the name withheld. I also read something about him being a foster kid? Then I read that the identity is withheld because they are still making sure they have the right match and testing other potential matches. If they weren’t positive on who he was, why mark this as identified?

I’m also a little confused with this case. I first read that he was identified and they wanted to have the name withheld. I also read something about him being a foster kid? Then I read that the identity is withheld because they are still making sure they have the right match and testing other potential matches. If they weren’t positive on who he was, why mark this as identified?
I am also unsure what's going on with his case. Shortly after he was tentatively ID's an article said his name might be released soon. Its been a long time...

Since he's still on Namus and DDP still says " tentatively identified"... I am wondering if his family refuses to give their DNA so LE can confirm.

DDP has said after they find an ID, LE has to do their own testing, usually in person, to be able to close the case.

Or maybe the close match passed away before that could happen...

I am wondering if his family refuses to give their DNA so LE can confirm.

Quote RSBM.
Can you think of a reason why any family would refuse to give DNA? It just seems unimaginable to me.

Could it be something like dental records are a close match, but they aren't 100% sure so are waiting on DNA?

I’m sure I read quite early in the thread that the skull was cremated. I could be mixing it up with another case! So no dental comparison can be done. Moo

Quote RSBM.
Can you think of a reason why any family would refuse to give DNA? It just seems unimaginable to me.

Could it be something like dental records are a close match, but they aren't 100% sure so are waiting on DNA?

maybe they know that their son or brother went missing awhile ago, but they refuse to believe he’s dead. Maybe they’re hoping for him to come back? If they can’t compare DNA then they can’t prove that he’s their loved one.

or...maybe they had a very bad relationship and want nothing to do with Clinton doe. Maybe they’d rather leave him unidentified?

Since he's still on Namus and DDP still says " tentatively identified"... I am wondering if his family refuses to give their DNA so LE can confirm.

DDP has said after they find an ID, LE has to do their own testing, usually in person, to be able to close the case.

Or maybe the close match passed away before that could happen...

It could be that LE don't want to say who he was since no crime was committed like Lyle Stevik. That's what I think it is.

Quote RSBM.

If a family doesn't want to give DNA it could be because they don't understand it and are fearful about something like their DNA being in the database forever which could eventually nab an offspring in a crime even though they already have the Doe DNA.

Some people just don't want to do DNA for any reason such as like Ancestry DNA or 23 and me for whatever reason.

As I said above, I think he's identified but LE won't give his name because there's no crime.

It could be that LE don't want to say who he was since no crime was committed like Lyle Stevik. That's what I think it is.

If a family doesn't want to give DNA it could be because they don't understand it and are fearful about something like their DNA being in the database forever which could eventually nab an offspring in a crime even though they already have the Doe DNA.

Some people just don't want to do DNA for any reason such as like Ancestry DNA or 23 and me for whatever reason.

As I said above, I think he's identified but LE won't give his name because there's no crime.
If that was the case, I'd assume that they DDA would list him, saying that he was fully identified and the family wishes privacy.

I want to clarify that this is something I thought of - this is NOT a fact. Maybe JCD's family, heartbroken and shocked, refuse to accept that he is dead and won't give their DNA or his dental records to confirm the ID?

I want to clarify that this is something I thought of - this is NOT a fact. Maybe JCD's family, heartbroken and shocked, refuse to accept that he is dead and won't give their DNA or his dental records to confirm the ID?
I agree that it is probably something family related. If he was in foster care for years due to a child neglect situation then maybe they are hesitant to submit DNA because they are afraid of what people will think of them.

Quote RSBM.

Most likely possibility: he was (like me) an only child of only children, and his parents are dead. (In this case the delay may involve having to exhume one of the parents to compare DNA!)

Other possibilities?

The parents are/were members of a religious sect that shuns breakaways.

The parents were abusive, and threw him out/away.

He was so difficult for them to handle that they washed their hands of him.

The parents kicked the kid out for being gay, or atheist, or a metalhead, or or or or.

Tons of families would not care one iota if a 'wayward' child had died. Some would probably rejoice.

I can't even imagine how this could be unimaginable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back