Members' Covid-19 Post-Vaccination Questions & Answers *NO GENERAL DISCUSSION*

39 years old
I received my 2nd Pfizer shot on 4/10.

1st shot - zero side effects
2nd shot - very mild soreness at injection site; woke up the following morning with a low grade fever and mild achiness that lasted until around noon the next day

Side note — I have an autoimmune disorder (Graves’ Disease) that really only effects the thyroid. My endocrinologist said it was safe. Graves doesn’t weaken the immune system in the same way that other autoimmune illnesses weaken it. I just thought it was important that I add this little caveat when I share my experience.

I had my second Pfizer yesterday and about 2 hours after , slight pounding headache and hot sore arm. I feel fine today. The nurse told me during the 15 min wait that up until last weekend they were doing mostly seniors. (They had us in our cars and told us if we started to feel bad to honk.) The first day of younger folks coming ,the nurse said the horns started honking from the 25 -35 yr old crowd. lolol Nobody yet had to go to ER but all were having panic attacks. For some reason , that cracked me up......

Had my Pfizer #1 shot yesterday- no side effects, though my pollen allergies are really bad and the pollen count is 11+ on a scale of 12 lately, so suffering from that. Not even a sore arm- when I changed the band aid on the injection site, not possible to see an injection mark. Really hope that shot #2 is uneventful as my #1 Shingrix shot made me so nauseated for about 78hrs that I could not sit upright or even drink water. (can you tell I did not enjoy that experience?) Relieved that I am finally making progress with this COVID shot thing. Not enjoying the news stories about the break through cases and variants.

Hi all, I received my first Pfizer vaccine on March 25 and the second one two days ago, April 15.

The first one was a breeze - just a very sore arm about 8 hours in which gradually eased up the following day. The same thing after shot #2 but also body aches and fatigue the next morning. By evening, I felt just fine.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experience here, it has been helpful. :)

March 26 Pfizer shot #1 and April 16 shot #2 for my daughter. She had a sore arm about 6 hrs afterwards for both shots which abated about 12 hours later. Slight fatigue 6 hours after shot 2 which was gone the next afternoon.
SO received both Moderna shots in Feb with nothing but a sore arm for 2 days after both.
More updates to follow next week.

I finally received my second Pfizer dose today, a little over 5 weeks after my first. I was supposed to get it last week but had a massive tooth abscess with fever and pain so the doctor told me to wait until I finished my round of antibiotics. So far so good. Fingers crossed no headaches or grumpiness :) TGIF

My husband and I are excited to finally have appointments to get our first dose on Monday May 3. We would have been eligible Feb 15, but the virus found us in late January, we tested positive and had the monoclonal antibody infusion, which required us to wait 90 days for our first injection. A friend who just got her first shot at the same facility yesterday said it was Pfizer.

I received my first Pfizer back on Feb 25, at the local hospital. It was so quick I hardly felt it. No side effects whatsoever, no sore arm even, nothing. Second Pfizer on March 18. This time I asked if it was possible the syringe with the first shot was empty, lol. No the nurse said, and explained the syringes are all pre-filled. This time I watched. Again, no after effects, other than very mild tenderness at site for only a couple of hours.

Apr 6 first Pfizer shot- sore arm beginning at hour 6 and completely gone at hour 12. No other symptoms. Injection wasn’t felt.
Apr 27 second dose- injection was given at an odd angle, hurt, bled quite a bit. Arm soreness began at hour 3. By 12 hours, fingers to medial shoulder blade ached. By 20 hours, fever, chills, headache, malaise and arm aches remained same. I’m now 48 hours out. Arm is fine. Fever, headache remain and nausea in passing.

I received my 2nd shot of the Pfizer yesterday. So far the only side effect is a sore arm. The 1st does I had a sore arm and a terrible headache. I plan on taking ibuprofen tonight prior to going to bed.

Update from this post. At approximately 14 hours later I suddenly spiked a fever and had body chills. I piled blankets on after taking 1600 mg of ibuprofen and slept for 13 hours. When I woke up, it was like nothing happened. I was fine and able to go to work that night. I did get a red welt on my arm that was there for about 5 days. It is now gone and I have no issue. My arm definitely didn't hurt as much as it did the first dose.

Received 2nd dose of Moderna on Apr. 23. Arm was SO sore. The CDC recommends that you do not take Advil for 5 days after receiving the vaccine, so stick to Tylenol. A member of my household works for the CDC in immunizations and is currently working on the COVID-19 response. If you have any questions regarding the vaccine please don't hesitate to ask. I will send the questions their way.

-JK

We got our first Pfizer injection this past Monday May 3. My husband (76) and I (75) both just had sore arms the first day, his worse than mine. But I woke up the next morning with body aches, a fever of 100.7, and got a headache that lasted two days. He didn’t experience a reaction other than his arm. All is well now. Our second shot will be on Tuesday May 25.

Received 2nd dose of Moderna on Apr. 23. Arm was SO sore. The CDC recommends that you do not take Advil for 5 days after receiving the vaccine, so stick to Tylenol. A member of my household works for the CDC in immunizations and is currently working on the COVID-19 response. If you have any questions regarding the vaccine please don't hesitate to ask. I will send the questions their way.

-JK

Thanks so much for the offer. And welcome to Websleuths! :)

-JK

Welcome to WS! Dr. Campbell, Dr. Hansen, and Dr. Scheult have been telling us (and we have been sharing for over a year) the same thing. Stick to tylenol if you need such, (vs. other anti-pyretics) yet a moderate fever is GOOD and to let it happen!

I had my second Pfizer yesterday and about 2 hours after , slight pounding headache and hot sore arm. I feel fine today. The nurse told me during the 15 min wait that up until last weekend they were doing mostly seniors. (They had us in our cars and told us if we started to feel bad to honk.) The first day of younger folks coming ,the nurse said the horns started honking from the 25 -35 yr old crowd. lolol Nobody yet had to go to ER but all were having panic attacks. For some reason , that cracked me up......

I have a question in this Q&A thread.

Are younger folks just not as tuned in as we are, and following the science and getting algorithm hits from lawyers and ?? as to bad stuff.

For those that followed the science, and those that followed here from last January... we knew of these side effects mid-year in 2020 MOO. Young folks perhaps just do NOT KNOW???

Yes, I got it. And, I would get both again!!!!

As to my symptoms as to getting it and if I would do again....

This side effect of lump which was a pingpong ball didn't happen with COVID #1 or #2.. but I got a HUGE lump with my second Shingrex back in December.

Ha! That's why I did shout outs on threads to side sleepers as to NOT get in arm you sleep on months back. It was a LUMP!!!! A hard red lump with Shingrex second vaccine in 12/2020. Lasted.... ~ 2-3 days. I didn't get ANY sleep (well, exaggeration.. but not much) as there was no way I could sleep on that arm.

Isn't it WONDERFUL!!! to B*tch about such little stuff and share with each other!

All in this together... I would do it again but my first one.. I would get in another arm other than the one I go to sleep on over 90% of the time.

brings back memories of ... darn... can't remember... where all the artists gathered for a cause... was it Live Aid?

Had my Pfizer #1 shot yesterday- no side effects, though my pollen allergies are really bad and the pollen count is 11+ on a scale of 12 lately, so suffering from that. Not even a sore arm- when I changed the band aid on the injection site, not possible to see an injection mark. Really hope that shot #2 is uneventful as my #1 Shingrix shot made me so nauseated for about 78hrs that I could not sit upright or even drink water. (can you tell I did not enjoy that experience?) Relieved that I am finally making progress with this COVID shot thing. Not enjoying the news stories about the break through cases and variants.

second Pfizer shot 5/6. Arm was sore the following morning but seemed to go away during the next day- no obvious swelling or redness. Some fatigue and headache the next day but I still cannot tell if the headache was from the shot or pollen allergies- still a lot of pollen here and I sometimes get sinus congestion even with meds. I took a baby aspirin before going to sleep.

Second Pfizer for us (76 and 75) at noon on Wednesday May 26. Our arms weren’t very sore. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. on Thursday with chills and fever (100.7 F same # as last time). The violent shaking from the chills almost made me lose my balance when I got up! I didn’t have that last time, just fever. I bundled up and it passed. I also had a headache and went back to bed for most of the day and evening. My husband didn’t feel much until Friday and had a slight fever and felt “off.” We’re OK now, Saturday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back