MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, totally got it! Thank you!
That makes it definitely harder for any neighbours to spot intruders if they are nosing around..... Most streets people just walk/drive up and down in straight lines....but here, zigzagging around, no-one knows where people are heading, especially if their drives are off other drives that run past other people's houses! Hmmm. Easier for people to hide out without too much suspicion either....
Geez. That’s not what I had imagined.
Sounds more like a weekend lake cabin community rather than full time residents?

I thought she was right on Spoffard Street?
Is Spoffard a offshoot dirt road off a paved street?

So I’m guessing no street lights?

Sounds very different than and isolated from where she lived previously?

I cant honestly describe it exactly how I mean. I'll do my best in saying that it looks like people buy plots of land and plop there houses down in random spots there is no rhyme or reason to the placement of the houses. Also I did not go right to her address but I did notice a number I believed to be hers with a sign with an arrow pointing so the driveway is probably long and the house is set off from the street.
There isn't a long driveway. I haven't driven by, but I've looked it up online. It's a .06 acre lot and the house is right near the street. It's #47.

What is a cranberry bog?
Is it like a bayou? Or a rice field?
They're fields, only with sort of a ditch going around the perimeter because the bogs are flooded at harvest time. There is a nature reserve nearby called Burrage that used to be a bunch of cranberry bogs. I'm not sure if there are active bogs nearby, but there is a lot of wooded areas and ponds for sure.

Geez. That’s not what I had imagined.
Sounds more like a weekend lake cabin community rather than full time residents?

I thought she was right on Spoffard Street?
Is Spoffard a offshoot dirt road off a paved street?

So I’m guessing no street lights?

Sounds very different than and isolated from where she lived previously?
No it is alot of full time residents but the area is very wooded and it is isolated. There are alot of areas with no street lights so much so I do not drive around here at night.

What ties to Brockton and Fall River? I read someone thought they saw her in Fall River, but it was never confirmed. That's the only tie I've read about, none to Brockton?
I will try to find articles i have read and post links. As I mentioned my opinion is pure speculation.

There isn't a long driveway. I haven't driven by, but I've looked it up online. It's a .06 acre lot and the house is right near the street. It's #47.
In one if the articles i read it said her son in law dropped her off but did not see her go in the house because the driveway was long.

Sandra had no ties to Fall River or Brockton that I've ever heard about. We've been told she lived in Quincy her entire life right up until a few months before her disappearance. She went to school there, lived there after her marriage (and she was married quite young) and moved in with her father in Quincy after her divorce.

The house was on a gravel street on a very small lot. If you look at the realtor photos, you can see how close one neighbor was to her bedroom window. It is an older neighborhood and some houses - including Sandra's - do appear to be old cottage style homes while others are larger. There are a lot of trees in the summer, but none of the lots appear to be very big.

Last edited:
From reading news articles thats what I gathered, as I mentioned before this is all speculation
Can you link anything? I've heard a stranger thought they saw her in Fall River right after she went missing, but the sighting was never confirmed.

In one if the articles i read it said her son in law dropped her off but did not see her go in the house because the driveway was long.
I read it said he did not see her go in, but it didn't give a reason. I had assumed he didn't see her go in because she wanted to smoke a cigarette (she had just bought some right before).

I read it said he did not see her go in, but it didn't give a reason. I had assumed he didn't see her go in because she wanted to smoke a cigarette (she had just bought some right before).

Yes, he didn't say why he didn't see her go in. Do we know whether she smoked inside her house? Most smokers I know who live alone in private homes usually smoke inside when there are no visitors.

Yes, he didn't say why he didn't see her go in. Do we know whether she smoked inside her house? Most smokers I know who live alone in private homes usually smoke inside when there are no visitors.
I don't think it said anywhere whether she smoked inside her house or not. But she had three small kids there a few times a week, plus the whole place was just done over. Her daughter is a nurse. The house had air conditioning, so the windows were probably all closed. It was later in the afternoon, kind of a sweet spot of the day, weather-wise. I used to smoke. I would have smoked outside rather than go inside first. But I don't know, just speculating.

Hanson police commented on Fall River and Brockton in this article: 'We just want answers' — Hanson woman still missing after 5 weeks

In recent weeks, police had received tips that Crispo was seen in Fall River. Hanson police have been working with Fall River police detectives to follow up on potential sightings and have visited areas of the city to see if she is staying there, but Miksch said none of those leads have led them to Crispo.

"We can't rule out it was her on one of them, but we also can't get a positive ID," Miksch said. "Fall River is still very much aware and checking areas to see if she decided to pop in with the homeless population. We've also put alerts out to Brockton and Boston."

So, it's interesting that Brockton was mentioned specifically in this article. This article doesn't even mention special alerts going to Quincy, her former residence.

Hanson police commented on Fall River and Brockton in this article: 'We just want answers' — Hanson woman still missing after 5 weeks

In recent weeks, police had received tips that Crispo was seen in Fall River. Hanson police have been working with Fall River police detectives to follow up on potential sightings and have visited areas of the city to see if she is staying there, but Miksch said none of those leads have led them to Crispo.

"We can't rule out it was her on one of them, but we also can't get a positive ID," Miksch said. "Fall River is still very much aware and checking areas to see if she decided to pop in with the homeless population. We've also put alerts out to Brockton and Boston."

So, it's interesting that Brockton was mentioned specifically in this article. This article doesn't even mention special alerts going to Quincy, her former residence.
The police checking places doesn't mean she is tied to those places.

The police checking places doesn't mean she is tied to those places.

No, it means that LE thought there was a credible reason to check those places, that is all.

I just find it interesting that when the police chief talked about places that they sent special alerts to, that Brockton was evidently on that list.

And, I think this is what the previous poster was basing speculation on, so I thought I'd link it.

No, the driveway is right next to her house..think it's gravel. It's short and comes right off the street. It's a cramped kind of area as posters tell above. All small. SIL didn't see her go in as she used a door that was not visible to him before he took off, which I believe was the side door. You can find the address here and google it and you'll see how it looks.

SIL didn't see her go in as she used a door that was not visible to him before he took off, which I believe was the side door. You can find the address here and google it and you'll see how it looks.

I don't remember if he said he pulled into the driveway (I thought he did, but I'm not really sure) but if he did, the gravel drive is on the same side as the side door, so if she was heading in and he'd pulled in, he would have seen her go in if he'd waited just a few seconds. But we don't know if she went straight into the house.

I don't remember if he said he pulled into the driveway (I thought he did, but I'm not really sure) but if he did, the gravel drive is on the same side as the side door, so if she was heading in and he'd pulled in, he would have seen her go in if he'd waited just a few seconds. But we don't know if she went straight into the house.

I just listened again to the original Mike Morford podcast
Episode 1 Sandra Crispo
26:00 mark
and Laina mentioned her husband pulled into driveway (mentioned house is on dead end and basically pulling in driveway was like the only way to navigate since street is so small) and Sandra got out passenger side and did not see her enter house.
MOO Also it seems like when Laina normally dropped children off at her moms they would enter through front door, that is the door she went to first on Friday morning and then went to back/side door.

Welcome to Websleuths. Your thoughts align pretty closely with mine.

They did search the lakes near her home. However, IMO finding a body that's in water is not always a straightforward affair.
So true but Sandras daughter made it clear that Sandra would always take her dog with her if she went for a walk. Also she was wearing flip flops and her pocketbook that she had in Cumby's was not found, so that would mean she took a walk with carrying her pocketbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288