Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Troopers and the Carbon County District Attorney's Office gathered Wednesday at Lehighton Borough Park for a news conference to address such a situation — an arrest in the 1976 cold case murder of a pregnant teenager known for 44 years only as Beth Doe.

A desire to solve the case motivated more than 100 troopers since 1976 toward learning Beth Doe was actually 15-year-old Evelyn Colon. That March discovery also led troopers to identify her alleged killer.

From the first investigator, Trooper Frank Grippi, who preserved evidence; to now retired Cpls. Thomas McAndrew and Shawn Williams, who worked with DNA in the early 2000s; to present-day Troopers Gabrielle Van Wie and Brian Noll, who made the arrest — each played a part, said Lt. Devon Brutosky, Troop N criminal investigation section commander, who also worked the case.
https://www.officer.com/investigati...-troopers-dedicated-44-years-to-beth-doe-case

“When I saw that luggage, I saw her image in my eyes. I can’t sleep at night. It was hard. I don’t want to find her like that,” said Luis Colon Sr., brother of Evelyn Colon.

Luis Sierra Sr., 63, of Ozone Park, New York, appeared in magisterial district court for a preliminary hearing in connection with the 1976 murder of Evelyn Colon.
Following the hearing, Colon said that despite what it may look like, the family never abandoned their search. He said his mother’s dying words were “I need you to find Evelyn.”
‘I can’t sleep at night,’ Beth Doe’s brother testifies | Times News Online

Cold-case murder suspect headed to trial in Carbon County | wnep.com
2ee88c73-be67-4921-ae96-cbf2c1fe3bb5_1920x1080.jpg

"We are getting justice, and this person got away with it for 44 years. He lived, he had parties, birthdays, and he was living the good life. But like I said, there's a God," said Luis Colon, Evelyn's brother.

Before the preliminary hearing in Weatherly, emotions were running high for the victim's family. This was the first time they've seen Sierra in person in more than four decades.

"He was my friend. Sierra was my friend. He was my next-door neighbor. Why he do this?" asked Colon.

"I want justice, yes. I want to know why he did it. Why? I want him to confess the truth, that's all, for my sister," said Leida Colon, Evelyn's sister.

"He's an evil person, that's why. He knows he did it. I know he did it; he knows he did it," said Luis Colon.''

May 2 2021 rbbm.
NEPA Cold Case discussion | Eyewitness News
“Creepy, in a word. Stalker, in a word. I did not like him. I’ll never forget his eyes. No soul. No soul. He watched her every minute of everyday,” Caruso-Long said.

Eyewitness News reporter Nicole Rogers has been following this story since the break in the case.
Tune in Tuesday at 6 p.m. to find the full story on this cold case and what’s in store for Sierra.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back