TX TX - Houston, Huffman, Lake Houston, HispFem 20-45, severed head in bag, tattooed makeup, Mar'18

I haven’t heard anything and I’m local to it. I figure body parts were strewn between Lake Houston and where the crime occurred or they made it into Lake Houston and he just got unlucky with the head toss.

With the severed head in LA being identified, hopefully this one will progress and get some answers. LA severed head was Native American woman from San Antonio. Might be a good place to start looking.

I was doing some digging based on the other severed head case. I found Amalia Molly Garza listed on TX DSP missing page. Her one photo has the lighter ends, the updated sketch looks a bit like her, can’t tell she has tattoo eyeliner or if it’s natural. Last seen 3/1/18. Can’t be certain about her teeth.
Amalia Molly Garza – The Charley Project
I’m not sure how to do side by side from my phone.

What do you think?
(I always feel like these things have always been looked at by the professionals and I’m wasting their time calling it in)

Attachments

• DE6C65B7-C19F-448E-9A0C-787FD7BE6A30.jpeg
    DE6C65B7-C19F-448E-9A0C-787FD7BE6A30.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 50
What do you think?
(I always feel like these things have always been looked at by the professionals and I’m wasting their time calling it in)

Wow the resemblance and timing of her disappearance are striking, and from the same city as the other victim. I’d be really surprised if this wasn’t her. Great spot.

What do you think?

You aren't wasting your time in the slightest, I was also looking at matches last night to Harris Co. Jane because of Sally Hine's recent identification. Hine being in databases prior to her ID led me into NamUs' registry for missing Hispanic women, and Molly stuck out like an almost immediate match. Eyebrow shape, nose shape, tattooed winged eyeliner, age estimate, date of disappearance, and the hair ombre in the NamUs photo is strikingly similar to a photo that shows off her hair on the Charley Project. If her and Sally Hine's cases are linked, which I strongly believe they are, the killer travelled eastbound from San Antonio to dispose of their bodies.

I'm guessing San Antonio was able to call you back, because they told me today that somebody else called in yesterday to tell them about the match! The person I spoke with seemed like she was confident in the match as well, but nobody was picking up their calls to Harris Co. because of Memorial Day weekend. Still left that department a message explaining the circumstances, and San Antonio is going to do the same once the weekend is over.

I'm going to be shocked if this isn't Molly.

You aren't wasting your time in the slightest, I was also looking at matches last night to Harris Co. Jane because of Sally Hine's recent identification. Hine being in databases prior to her ID led me into NamUs' registry for missing Hispanic women, and Molly stuck out like an almost immediate match. Eyebrow shape, nose shape, tattooed winged eyeliner, age estimate, date of disappearance, and the hair ombre in the NamUs photo is strikingly similar to a photo that shows off her hair on the Charley Project. If her and Sally Hine's cases are linked, which I strongly believe they are, the killer travelled eastbound from San Antonio to dispose of their bodies.

I'm guessing San Antonio was able to call you back, because they told me today that somebody else called in yesterday to tell them about the match! The person I spoke with seemed like she was confident in the match as well, but nobody was picking up their calls to Harris Co. because of Memorial Day weekend. Still left that department a message explaining the circumstances, and San Antonio is going to do the same once the weekend is over.

I'm going to be shocked if this isn't Molly.
I called Harris county and left a message, not San Antonio. It was a bit surreal to call and have them answer Homicide and try to explain why I was calling. Probably babbled to much. I really hope this solves this. She was found so close to where I live, it’s been constantly on my mind.

I called Harris county and left a message, not San Antonio. It was a bit surreal to call and have them answer Homicide and try to explain why I was calling. Probably babbled to much. I really hope this solves this. She was found so close to where I live, it’s been constantly on my mind.

If it's any consolation, the New Yorker in me jumped out and I absolutely spoke a million miles an hour in the span of 3 minutes, so some babbling, in contrast, is going to look better!

I'm probably going to call again on Tuesday just to make sure, but I think that there's gonna be something coming good from this, whether it be a rule-out or a match.

What do you think?

I think it may be her. :(
You're not wasting time, someone mentioned this same case back in March on Molly's (Amalia) thread, and it seemingly stopped there.
So, good that you called it in!

Molly's thread:
TX - TX - Amalia Garza, 39, San Antonio, 1 Mar 2018

I think it may be her. :(
You're not wasting time, someone mentioned this same case back in March on Molly's (Amalia) thread, and it seemingly stopped there.
So, good that you called it in!

Molly's thread:
TX - TX - Amalia Garza, 39, San Antonio, 1 Mar 2018
Some how I missed her thread and made another one. I tried the search and didn’t get anything. So weird. I wonder how long it will take? Do you suppose they could do dental or would they have to wait for DNA analysis?

Some how I missed her thread and made another one. I tried the search and didn’t get anything. So weird. I wonder how long it will take? Do you suppose they could do dental or would they have to wait for DNA analysis?

I'm not sure how long it might take, I was told by the San Antonio representative that they believe they have DNA on file, but they're going to check with Molly's mother about the dental records. I ended up calling San Antonio back today to get a different representative, and they've reached out to Houston PD, though they can't disclose anything further. I hope that this is being looked into quickly, especially considering the sheer size of Harris County. Sally's ID will hopefully give credence to the investigation and pursuing this lead.

Hello there, everyone! It appears as if Amalia Molly Garza is NOT a match for this Jane Doe. I spoke with a representative of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, and they told me that both through DNA and dental matches, that they were able to rule her out.

This provides hope for Molly's family that she can still be found, which I hope for as well. This poor woman, unfortunately, remains unidentified.

I will be including a photo of the updated rule-out list now on NamUs, which only lists Molly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.54.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.54.37 PM.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 10
Hello there, everyone! It appears as if Amalia Molly Garza is NOT a match for this Jane Doe. I spoke with a representative of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, and they told me that both through DNA and dental matches, that they were able to rule her out.

This provides hope for Molly's family that she can still be found, which I hope for as well. This poor woman, unfortunately, remains unidentified.

I will be including a photo of the updated rule-out list now on NamUs, which only lists Molly.
Well shoot. Back to the drawing board. I was hoping it was taking so long because they were working on the case and keeping details private.

Well shoot. Back to the drawing board. I was hoping it was taking so long because they were working on the case and keeping details private.
Yeah, same here. Molly's family still believes that her then-fiancée is responsible for her disappearance, but LE has yet to interrogate him for anything despite him being the last person she was seen with and he's in jail on kidnapping charges right now. I really wish that they would.

Sept 29 2022
''There was no physical evidence or nothing as far as clothing or anything like that that could help identify her," says Houston police detective Richard Rodriguez. "According to the autopsy report, the head was hacked. It's cartel type style. I'm not saying that's what it is, but that's what you expect from cartels."

Police put out a sketch of the woman. She had dyed red hair, tattooed eyeliner, and possibly brown eyes''.

''The case is getting some attention. Scientists at a Houston area private lab just extracted DNA from a tooth of the mystery woman, Rodriguez tells Eyewitness News. Her genetic profile was created and it's now in the hands of genetic genealogists researching her family tree. The hope is to identify the woman in less than a year and find her family.''

"One of these days we're going to find out," he says. "I got her sketch on my computer. I see it every day. We have to find out who she is. We have to start there."

Sept 29 2022
''There was no physical evidence or nothing as far as clothing or anything like that that could help identify her," says Houston police detective Richard Rodriguez. "According to the autopsy report, the head was hacked. It's cartel type style. I'm not saying that's what it is, but that's what you expect from cartels."

Police put out a sketch of the woman. She had dyed red hair, tattooed eyeliner, and possibly brown eyes''.

''The case is getting some attention. Scientists at a Houston area private lab just extracted DNA from a tooth of the mystery woman, Rodriguez tells Eyewitness News. Her genetic profile was created and it's now in the hands of genetic genealogists researching her family tree. The hope is to identify the woman in less than a year and find her family.''

"One of these days we're going to find out," he says. "I got her sketch on my computer. I see it every day. We have to find out who she is. We have to start there."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back