CA CA - Patricia Lorraine Gentle, 33, Redondo Beach, 1 Jan 1973

My sister and I worked on a letter together and my sister sent it out to all our family members. We have been getting a lot of information and have got the exact date of her disappearance as March 30, 1973. It was her 34th birthday. We have a lot of other information that we are passing on to the cold case detectives to investigate. My mother's 3 surviving sisters are willing to talk to the detectives and one of them is providing her DNA for CODIS as well. As soon as I know what is factual I will post an update. Thank you all for your interest and support.

Our DNA was taken just yesterday and will be compared to the Wollacott DNA profile. We were told that since this is a one to one comparison it will be done right away. It was a very exciting day meeting with all the detectives. Today as we wait, I am filled with so many emotions. Thank you everyone for your support.

Patricia Gentle is still missing. We heard back from the detectives and our DNA is not a match to the body buried on Wollacott Street in Redondo Beach. No match anywhere in CODIS. Thank you everyone. Hopefully one day we will get closure.
I’m sorry this didn’t bring closure, although the alternative doesn’t seem pleasant either. My thoughts are with you and your family. I too hope answers will come someday.

Strange, she is noted on another thread to be found... but no details.

We thought she was found based on the kind of cryptic announcement, but that turned out not to be the case. Her daughter Kim posted this afterwards in the thread.

"This is her daughter Kim and Patricia Lorraine Gentle has not been found. My Mother had a son that my 2 younger sisters and I never knew about. He was born 16 months before me and my Grandparents made her put him up for adoption. He was adopted by a family in New York. Who he found was us his 3 sisters and we are thrilled but still hoping for some type of closure regarding our Mother."

My sister and I worked on a letter together and my sister sent it out to all our family members. We have been getting a lot of information and have got the exact date of her disappearance as March 30, 1973. It was her 34th birthday. We have a lot of other information that we are passing on to the cold case detectives to investigate. My mother's 3 surviving sisters are willing to talk to the detectives and one of them is providing her DNA for CODIS as well. As soon as I know what is factual I will post an update. Thank you all for your interest and support.

Although sadly your mother is still missing, but I'm happy for you things are starting to move forward. Thanks for letting us know.

I have to ask with pain in my heart @CousinKimi. Did you or the detective ever considered she could have been a victim of Joseph Naso? This picture was found with him. Because of her beautiful (green) eyes and the classy style she reminds me of your mother. I'm not very much into serial killers and don't no his exact whereabouts in the years your mother went missing. It's not even sure if the woman in the pictures is identified or not....I know your mother wasn't a natural blonde and she seems to have a gap between her front teeth, at least that is seen on the beach picture of her with you girls. I can't see that with the woman in the picture. Please forgive me for being so bold. The Search for Joe Naso Victims - The Murder Squad

Screen-Shot-2019-05-31-at-10.06.51-AM.png

I just wanted to cross post from the Redondo JD thread - CousinKimi was shown not to be related. However she and her sister had tested and 'opted in' for LE. Their brother had just tested (mid-2021) and would upload to FTDNA or GEDMatch once results were received. They hadn't done it already as they'd only recently learned of this option.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back