Found Deceased Canada- Paul Daly, 54, Toronto, 8 April 2021 *arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
Awww, rest in peace, Paul. I like Paul. He seems like a friendly, laid back dude. I looked at his FB accts which show what appears to be a calm-mannered, caring, really nice guy. He doesn't seem violent or controversial in any way nor does it appear he has any serious mental health/substance abuse issues that might have put him in the way of harm. He appears to care for folks when he wishes them happy b-day or holiday, when those roll around. I wonder how he knew the suspect, Tenn? Did he even know Tenn? I don't see CMT listed among Paul's 156 FB friends. What went wrong here? I hope more details will be released soon.

Awww, rest in peace, Paul. I like Paul. He seems like a friendly, laid back dude. I looked at his FB accts which show what appears to be a calm-mannered, caring, really nice guy. He doesn't seem violent or controversial in any way nor does it appear he has any serious mental health/substance abuse issues that might have put him in the way of harm. He appears to care for folks when he wishes them happy b-day or holiday, when those roll around. I wonder how he knew the suspect, Tenn? Did he even know Tenn? I don't see CMT listed among Paul's 156 FB friends. What went wrong here? I hope more details will be released soon.
I had the same impression. Doesn’t seem like the sort to be caught up in anything malicious, but one never knows. More likely though that this would be a wrong place, wrong time situation. Which then begs the question of who this Tenn character is and what they were doing that led their getting charged. I did some digging for the name and couldn’t find any profiles, though the name Tenn led to a lot of hits in Tennessee so that was a bit of a complication.

I had the same impression. Doesn’t seem like the sort to be caught up in anything malicious, but one never knows. More likely though that this would be a wrong place, wrong time situation. Which then begs the question of who this Tenn character is and what they were doing that led their getting charged. I did some digging for the name and couldn’t find any profiles, though the name Tenn led to a lot of hits in Tennessee so that was a bit of a complication.
Welcome to WS, @BlueOranges! Thanks for joining us. I'm sure the WSleuthers will soon help shine some light on these guys and this crime. I'll peek around but I'm not familiar with the Canadian system (or American one for that matter, :p) enough to dig deep into their records or histories. This case just makes me curious because of the missing person aspect. A random robbery gone bad--bang! Killer leaves. This is diff, though. Why?

Wondering if it had anything to do with stealing /buying/selling the van? imo, speculation.
April 18 2021 rbbm.
Missing man believed to be dead, suspect charged: Toronto police
''Toronto police say a 54-year-old man who went missing earlier this month is now believed to be dead.''

''His remains haven’t been found.''

''Police said that on Friday, 40-year-old Toronto resident Courtney Michael Tenn was arrested and charged with improper/indecent interference with a dead body.

Officers are also looking for Daly’s vehicle, a 2008 silver Dodge Caravan. Police said it has the Ontario licence place AYSV 626.''

Paul-Daly-vehicle-e1618753565180.jpg

Wondering if it had anything to do with stealing /buying/selling the van? imo, speculation.
April 18 2021 rbbm.
''Toronto police say a 54-year-old man who went missing earlier this month is now believed to be dead.''

''Police said that on Friday, 40-year-old Toronto resident Courtney Michael Tenn was arrested and charged with improper/indecent interference with a dead body.

Officers are also looking for Daly’s vehicle, a 2008 silver Dodge Caravan. Police said it has the Ontario licence place AYSV 626.''

Maybe? I see on Paul's FB that he was trying to sell his van back in Jul & Sep of 2017. It was a diff van though (blue '03 Caravan). I don't see any recent 'for sale' posts. Of course, his last public post was in Sep 2020. Maybe he was selling it on a diff platform or just IRL. Still, an '08 Caravan isn't a huge sum of money. At best $3-6k in America. Is the suspect a druggie or gambler hard up for money?

Thanks for the welcome everyone, gotta admit I just stumbled into this place and am mostly fascinated by everything so far, unsure how much I’ll really contribute but glad for a place to explore this kind of thing.
I hadn’t considered the van’s role in this but that’s certainly an intriguing avenue. It may not have been worth much but any car is better than no car, right? To the wrong person a few hundred bucks from the scrapyard is easily worth a human life. But the neighbourhood he was last seen in on April 8th is one I know relatively well and wouldn’t normally think of as being that desperate for cash. Not to dismiss the idea though, makes more sense than an otherwise seemingly spontaneous kidnapping.

Plenty of concerned neighbors and no family reactions on SM. It seems he was well liked. He might have trusted the wrong person.
I agree. I finally got around to reading comments concerning this case. It seems commenters who know him spoke good of Paul. There wasn't a single bad word about him. I wondered about his dad when I was looking at his FB. I wonder if the comments are true? Damn. What in the world happened?? I wonder if Paul may have recently rented out a room/garage space or made the wrong new friend to help occupy his time? I sure hope TPD gives an update on the case at some point.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, gotta admit I just stumbled into this place and am mostly fascinated by everything so far, unsure how much I’ll really contribute but glad for a place to explore this kind of thing.
I hadn’t considered the van’s role in this but that’s certainly an intriguing avenue. It may not have been worth much but any car is better than no car, right? To the wrong person a few hundred bucks from the scrapyard is easily worth a human life. But the neighbourhood he was last seen in on April 8th is one I know relatively well and wouldn’t normally think of as being that desperate for cash. Not to dismiss the idea though, makes more sense than an otherwise seemingly spontaneous kidnapping.
I agree. And for the RBBM part above, ITA!! It's a really sad time in our world rn. :(

I keep getting a bit confused with Paul's thread on the Located board. Is he still missing or did I miss the update?

I keep getting a bit confused with Paul's thread on the Located board. Is he still missing or did I miss the update?
Paul is still missing although LE believe he is likely deceased, since they cannot locate Paul's vehicle wondering if he might be in it.
imo. rbbm.speculation.
April 18 2021
Police say missing man last seen in East York presumed to be deceased – Beach Metro Community News
''In a press release issued on the night of Saturday, April 17, police said that they now believe that missing man Paul Daly, 54, is deceased.

“His remains have not been located,” the press release stated. ”Police continue to search for the missing man’s vehicle, a 2008 silver Dodge Caravan, Ontario License Plate AYSV 626.”

April 18 2021 rbbm.

Paul is still missing although LE believe he is likely deceased, since they cannot locate Paul's vehicle wondering if he might be in it.
imo. rbbm.speculation.
April 18 2021
Police say missing man last seen in East York presumed to be deceased – Beach Metro Community News
''In a press release issued on the night of Saturday, April 17, police said that they now believe that missing man Paul Daly, 54, is deceased.

“His remains have not been located,” the press release stated. ”Police continue to search for the missing man’s vehicle, a 2008 silver Dodge Caravan, Ontario License Plate AYSV 626.”
Man charged in connection with disappearance of 54-year-old man

40 year old Courtney Michael Tenn of Toronto charged with indecent interference with a dead body.
The police didn’t mention that the guy who’s been charged lives in the building Someone knows where Paul is and what’s happened to him

I agree. I finally got around to reading comments concerning this case. It seems commenters who know him spoke good of Paul. There wasn't a single bad word about him. I wondered about his dad when I was looking at his FB. I wonder if the comments are true? Damn. What in the world happened?? I wonder if Paul may have recently rented out a room/garage space or made the wrong new friend to help occupy his time? I sure hope TPD gives an update on the case at some point.
His Father is deceased and he lived alone The guy charged actually lives in the building

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back