WV WV - Cassie Shelton Sheetz, 23, hiker, Spruce Knob, Monongahela National Forest, 11 Mar 2021

MOD NOTE:

A post was made several pages ago that stated info as fact without substantiation from MSM or LE links. Such info is considered RUMOR and a violation of Websleuths Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined. Subsequently, that post and all posts following that referred to the info posted without links have also been removed.

No one has been named by LE or MSM in this missing person case. Until the other people who were reportedly on the hike with Cassie are named, they cannot be sleuthed or discussed, other than what the press has already published. Thank you for your continuing efforts to post respectfully and responsibly on Websleuths.

CocoChannel

The AWARE Foundation, Inc.

March 25
The search for Cassie Sheetz continues. Cassie’s dad, family, and friends will be searching the Spruce Knob area on Saturday, March 27, 2021. If anyone would like to join the search, it will be appreciated. It will begin between 10 & 11 am.

I hope the turnout was good for this. I haven’t heard of any news yet.

She was convicted as a drug dealer in 2017. Opioid dealer pleads guilty The photo matches her photos on her FB page and the name/age is right so it's her. Court records under Warren County Circuit Court in the publically searchable Virginia Court Records. http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do Her probation was revoked in late 2020. Was she considered a fugitive at this point? (I'd rather have her be voluntary missing than a victim of foul play or an accident).

She was convicted as a drug dealer in 2017. Opioid dealer pleads guilty The photo matches her photos on her FB page and the name/age is right so it's her. Court records under Warren County Circuit Court in the publically searchable Virginia Court Records. http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do Her probation was revoked in late 2020. Was she considered a fugitive at this point? (I'd rather have her be voluntary missing than a victim of foul play or an accident).

I don’t fault her for this error and I’m not victim blaming here but I wonder if someone may have targeted her thinking she had opoids or money?

I live in WV. I’ve been looking for updates in the media every day, but there’s little to find. WV doesn’t do a bang-up job of keeping missing people in the media. I’m not crapping on my state, it just is what it is. I’m hoping she is found. So many missing people...I can’t imagine what kind of hell that is for their families and friends
JMO

I live in WV. I’ve been looking for updates in the media every day, but there’s little to find. WV doesn’t do a bang-up job of keeping missing people in the media. I’m not crapping on my state, it just is what it is. I’m hoping she is found. So many missing people...I can’t imagine what kind of hell that is for their families and friends
JMO

WV is pure beauty for sure.

It would seem that they have had time to comb that hiking area, I’m wondering if she was even there.

For those that think she was never in the area what are you thinking? The friends and Cassie conspired her disappearance? The friends harmed her but she is somewhere else? It is all kinds of strange!
Moo

I am somewhat familiar with the area and it’s a huge area and rugged. I think it would be impossible to search every part of it- turkey hunting season is starting soon evidently and it’s probably the best chance to find her IF she’s there. I’ve heard rumors but nothing I can share because they are just rumors. Just wanted to clarify not finding her does not necessarily mean she’s not there. Hoping for answers for her family soon!

I am somewhat familiar with the area and it’s a huge area and rugged. I think it would be impossible to search every part of it- turkey hunting season is starting soon evidently and it’s probably the best chance to find her IF she’s there. I’ve heard rumors but nothing I can share because they are just rumors. Just wanted to clarify not finding her does not necessarily mean she’s not there. Hoping for answers for her family soon!

I don’t doubt your word on the terrain and someone could easily get hurt and lost there. My point above is that it’s time to throw a wider net. I think it’s very possible that she isn’t there but I’m not ruling anything out.

Would either of the yet unnamed male companions have reason to harm her? We know that she's had troubles in the past, and I know how those troubles can seem to follow you even after you've walked away. Had these two guys accompanied her up to this remote location to settle a past drug debt or seek revenge for a drug deal gone wrong? Were they sent there by someone else to lead her into harm? MOO.

Would either of the yet unnamed male companions have reason to harm her? We know that she's had troubles in the past, and I know how those troubles can seem to follow you even after you've walked away. Had these two guys accompanied her up to this remote location to settle a past drug debt or seek revenge for a drug deal gone wrong? Were they sent there by someone else to lead her into harm? MOO.

I have these same questions. Who else could have been there? I’d really like to know more about the circle she socializes with.

This is a head-scratcher.

I am not sure I buy the idea that these two gentlemen took her up there to hurt her / harm her, or hurt her elsewhere and then hiked for a cover story. It seems a little bit too elaborate and easy to debunk. Wouldn't it be easier to just not say anything at all? Why immediately tell someone at the hiking trail that two people are lost so the stranger calls the cops? Why not wait and say nothing at all? Why did one person come down and sit in the car while the other was still up there? Why not stick together, if they were working together on this plan? Why don't they have the keys to her car? Why would they drive her car to the scene of a planned crime? All very stupid mistakes. Not impossible, but seems super unlikely to me.

Anyway. Knowing her background and history, my guess is the trio went up there to do drugs together. Everyone intended to descend the mountain together and leave together. The two men were actually trying to find her, that part is true. But a drug binge explains why they got separated (maybe they were all high and not thinking straight), it explains why they were up there for so long and so late (doing a bunch of drugs, passing out, sleeping, waking up, doing more, etc). That to me seems much more plausible, and also explains why these two men might not be named by LE if LE knows they'd get smeared by the media / public if everyone knew what was really going on up there. Plus people might lose interest in finding her. They tend to care less if a person was on drugs or doing drugs and then go missing, unfortunately.

This is a head-scratcher.

I am not sure I buy the idea that these two gentlemen took her up there to hurt her / harm her, or hurt her elsewhere and then hiked for a cover story. It seems a little bit too elaborate and easy to debunk. Wouldn't it be easier to just not say anything at all? Why immediately tell someone at the hiking trail that two people are lost so the stranger calls the cops? Why not wait and say nothing at all? Why did one person come down and sit in the car while the other was still up there? Why not stick together, if they were working together on this plan? Why don't they have the keys to her car? Why would they drive her car to the scene of a planned crime? All very stupid mistakes. Not impossible, but seems super unlikely to me.

Anyway. Knowing her background and history, my guess is the trio went up there to do drugs together. Everyone intended to descend the mountain together and leave together. The two men were actually trying to find her, that part is true. But a drug binge explains why they got separated (maybe they were all high and not thinking straight), it explains why they were up there for so long and so late (doing a bunch of drugs, passing out, sleeping, waking up, doing more, etc). That to me seems much more plausible, and also explains why these two men might not be named by LE if LE knows they'd get smeared by the media / public if everyone knew what was really going on up there. Plus people might lose interest in finding her. They tend to care less if a person was on drugs or doing drugs and then go missing, unfortunately.
I think you got it. There are much easier ways to get rid of someone than to drag them to the top of a mountain and pretty stupid to do it the way you described.

I think you got it. There are much easier ways to get rid of someone than to drag them to the top of a mountain and pretty stupid to do it the way you described.
True - but I've seen many cases where the perp(s) did some pretty dumb stuff in the commission of a murder. Particularly where drugs were involved.

Not sure if this was posted, but this is a YouTube video posted about the situation by someone who spoke to the victims sister to get details.

As someone who lives right here and knows the families and some of the people involved. It's shady. The police seem to know more than their telling which is obviously common in an open investigation. Imo this will not have a good outcome unfortunately. I dont think she was ever up there. Rain could have caused the dogs not to catch a scent. But I think its an alibi that is full of holes.

This is my video, thanks for sharing. I've done a lot of digging into Cassie's case, and have talked to many people who knew her and the boys she went hiking with. I am very disappointed with the lack of updates we've seen from LE.

MSM has basically dropped her story, but *allegedly* one of the hikers she was with changed his clothes at some point during the hike - I'm not sure if I can post those pictures here, but they are out there (my other Cassie video), which leads me to question why

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back