GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

It was very fast.
Did somebody tip them off?
They simply must have substantial evidence to charge her so quickly.
snipped

Because the arrest was so fast after finding the body, I think she told LE where to find the body. Once LE confirmed her information was correct, they arrested her.

speculation

jmo

snipped

Because the arrest was so fast after finding the body, I think she told LE where to find the body. Once LE confirmed her information was correct, they arrested her.

speculation

jmo
If that's the case, the accused was already in a different county when the body was recovered given she was held in Ada on an out- of -county warrant.

data=ORlFRtOUEO61iQHu11binPiA-lcKQIppnM6Vf3n-w30qKLx8pMbuFqkQo78wLSOhYIE9pqZ0Polq2zNKZ7KVK9MlBqRtumfr3H8yMlx8FKvqqvhbpLqFoxH0bUh0QyAzUaJBQZW-9ne-ICH7lY4pcXKgN-2KLeEsfRZjTPsWxU1lDdN4WoXwtq86chRB,uKjmddZOBhXnvLEzdO7KBsin7jUH3CaLIU5oGO1hyCfn9c99mLHknASYi5FCiEmQ_153HXtlEBb5zq1mVjgoyLf19n8-oDbZwaYmP7IwiCFjLOx8Q0lQ6kONltjUfr3Hau5T7ZRzuyqBrmQt_WxqEbhLGJ3QhJm57-DiozRoHaTl6oaCf-1EMaxqErsehv-RQXQXeARmO_9MYz2VhtlDRor_i9BMjiX-l2MNyWtlmPzfG_Y1WrVmDgb-Y1vKshvVprtnDnowBhPV4-2kE9-zNxbf7QwyUSeYvI-o57DjTALufnlOLE3fRn3uaBuAECR_j1on08bMGIrHOILs2cwkONp4SWAvFTqBPUO_19OlRcnXTa9ohb7IFqDKLSxHH9BbFPm21-e4IMrC2_Ixn4iEeSAG

1 hr 22 min (53.5 mi) via ID-55 N

I think the county swap is potentially as simple as the suspect being with family in Boise when arrested. They’re only 30 miles apart or so. Common visiting distance. Maybe they deliberately executed the warrant when she was out.

I also think the muted response to ‘disappearance’ of older two might have come about because police were somewhat aware of reasons for their escape and neither they or social services felt they should be in a hurry to send them back. It wouldn’t surprise me if we find out there was a process of home situation evaluation or legal stuff going on behind the scenes.

I agree with everything in your post.

I think the county swap is potentially as simple as the suspect being with family in Boise when arrested. They’re only 30 miles apart or so. Common visiting distance. Maybe they deliberately executed the warrant when she was out.

I also think the muted response to ‘disappearance’ of older two might have come about because police were somewhat aware of reasons for their escape and neither they or social services felt they should be in a hurry to send them back. It wouldn’t surprise me if we find out there was a process of home situation evaluation or legal stuff going on behind the scenes.

I’m guessing it all unraveled so quickly because LE probably located the older children and had a chance to talk to them.

Those kids ran away one month apart for a reason. Living in that house had to be a nightmare, this doesn’t look like teens running away over a tantrum because they don’t want to live with grandma. So, if they told LE something that would make them suspect Taryn was in danger at the home, it makes sense that they went there and eventually found her. I don’t think Connie confessed though.

I’m guessing it all unraveled so quickly because LE probably located the older children and had a chance to talk to them.

Those kids ran away one month apart for a reason. Living in that house had to be a nightmare, this doesn’t look like teens running away over a tantrum because they don’t want to live with grandma. So, if they told LE something that would make them suspect Taryn was in danger at the home, it makes sense that they went there and eventually found her. I don’t think Connie confessed though.
I don't think she necessarily confessed but perhaps gave info to find the body. I have no reason to think that other than the fast arrest after finding the body. How did LE instantly know who the murderer was?

We're still missing a lot of info, including who reported her missing in the first place? Did any other adults live in the home? Who had access to the kids under grandma's custody - just grandma or anyone else?

jmo

I’m still trying to understand how two kids can runaway from home, there are missing and help find posts for them, and nobody in the family or police or children’s services thought to check up on them and the other kids left in the home. Did the teenagers tell no one why they ran away? Boggles the mind! Moo

I dont think she confessed either.

Imo, these children ran away for valid reasons. Eventually we will found out what those reasons were.

Imo, they have a story to tell, and it will be heartbreaking when we do hear it.

Jmho

I’m still trying to understand how two kids can runaway from home, there are missing and help find posts for them, and nobody in the family or police or children’s services thought to check up on them and the other kids left in the home. Did the teenagers tell no one why they ran away? Boggles the mind! Moo
I'm assuming it's a highly dysfunctional family and we don't know what was communicated to whom. I just hope the older kids are not suffering survivor guilt on top of being in shock and mourning their little sister. I hope they have a stable support system.

jmo

I think it's pretty clear that the older kids ran away for valid reasons but the assumption I made was that even though they had valid fear for their lives they hid from the authorities out of fear of being forcibly taken back to the house. As if that wasn't horrible enough in and of itself, it leads to the question of if that information (had it been taken seriously) could have saved Taryn. Then once the grandmother(?) was under arrest they felt safe enough from her to reveal their location to the authorities. I want to believe that I am being overly cynical here but it seems to me the most likely circumstances.

I'm in agreement that there will most likely be no other arrests for murder in this case but if still like to see some other people arrested for something or at least for some careers to be over.

I’m confused, is she no longer charged with 1st degree murder?

In reviewing the probable cause affidavit, the alleged conduct is disturbing," the judge said. "Report that the child was missing. Ultimately the discovery of the deceased child on the property, I believe two days later. The potential penalty, depending on the conclusion of the investigation could be severe

Judge sets Connie Smith's bail at $800,000 as new charges emerge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back