GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't the judge poll the jury on whether or not they heard the Maxine Waters statement?

They could certainly. But surprised he didn't but said they've already been told to watch no media. The State argued that Defense didn't have specific evidence of this affecting a jury.....well how would he have that if they're not questioned? He raised the situation in the media and his concern that it MAY have affected a juror. Simple solution would've been to question them and then that would be on the record. But as we see he denied it completely which is interesting considering his comments after about having stuff for an appeal if/when that time comes. Makes one wonder if that was somewhat intentional, agh I hate to think that and even try to get into someone's head and play some 4D chess of assuming the verdict and the actions coming much later so I won't go down that rabbit hole

And so now we wait. Any bets on how long it will take?

I hope I’m wrong. But I think there will be a holdout of one person who won’t vote guilty. I think it’ll be a long deliberation with an eventual mistrial.

I personally think it’s as clear as can be that he’s guilty of 2nd degree murder. But after reading social media and some comments here, it seems that feeling is not universal.

I truly hope and pray I’m wrong. Maybe they can get to manslaughter though.

Can't the judge poll the jury on whether or not they heard the Maxine Waters statement?
I would say it can be requested but it wouldn't be granted, you're basically feeding them information they may truly not have heard and they're presumed to have not heard (almost verbatim reasoning for not granting the mistrial)

Maxine Waters is an elected official, more specifically, she is serving as the U.S. Representative for California's 43rd congressional district. She has been very outspoken about police reform.
the Water's statement basically said go riot unless first degree murder. I think it is naive to think that all of these jurors could avoid all media for three days in this town. Sorry but not that they are looking for it but it is everywhere.

There are plenty of influential people speaking up about their opinions about this high profile case, before the trial and presently. Jurors were instructed not to watch nor read anything pertaining to the trial. Is it because Waters is a congresswoman?

If it's discovered that a juror was influenced, then yes, there are grounds for an appeal....but seriously I'm not clear why the judge made that statement.

Maxine Waters is an elected official, more specifically, she is serving as the U.S. Representative for California's 43rd congressional district. She has been very outspoken about police reform.
Thank you!

I hope I’m wrong. But I think there will be a holdout of one person who won’t vote guilty. I think it’ll be a long deliberation with an eventual mistrial.

I personally think it’s as clear as can be that he’s guilty of 2nd degree murder. But after reading social media and some comments here, it seems that feeling is not universal.

I truly hope and pray I’m wrong. Maybe they can get to manslaughter though.
I could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members