MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Sandra mind the children at her father’s house while she lived there? Or had she only recently begun minding them?

On The Missing podcast, we heard that prior to her move to Hanson, dropping the kids off with Sandra was adding to the commute time. One of the stated reasons to move her would be that it would make leaving the kids with her easier.

I just listened again to the original Mike Morford podcast
Episode 1 Sandra Crispo
26:00 mark
and Laina mentioned her husband pulled into driveway (mentioned house is on dead end and basically pulling in driveway was like the only way to navigate since street is so small) and Sandra got out passenger side and did not see her enter house.
MOO Also it seems like when Laina normally dropped children off at her moms they would enter through front door, that is the door she went to first on Friday morning and then went to back/side door.

Thanks, I was pretty sure he'd said something like that.

From the driveway he could have seen her enter either the side or the front door and the house is so tiny that there isn't much space between the two. I normally wait and watch for someone to get inside, especially when there is no one else at home. But he had three little boys with him and could easily have been distracted.

The fact that the mattress was askew, the bed slats were jostled out of alignment, and the fitted sheet that covers the mattress was missing -- all these things convince me that she didn't leave that house alive. Whoever took her out, took her purse and shoes as well, to make it appear that she left to go somewhere willingly. Her daughter stated in the Missing Persons podcast that Sandra was very cautious when it came to curtains for the windows, keeping the door locked, and she would not have left either door unlocked when she left the house. I believe that she returned from the mechanic's shop to her home and that she had to unlock the door first to get in. Once she was in, she would have locked that door behind her.

We know from the podcast(s) that the lights were on in her house when Laina came there on Friday morning to drop the boys off. Sandra would have turned the lights on inside her house when it started to get dark outside. After returning from the mechanic's shop, she probably would have made herself something for dinner, and fed her dog. Later, she would have taken the dog for a last walk before turning in for the night. Someone could have spotted her out with the dog and followed her back to the house. When she went to the side door to unlock it, and let herself and dog in, someone could have ambushed her. I'm thinking that the motive could have been sexual assault. There was no sign of forced entry, and the door was unlocked (I don't know which door, but am assuming it was the side door).
(Just speculating here.)

Last edited:
The fact that the mattress was askew, the bed slats were jostled out of alignment, and the fitted sheet that covers the mattress was missing -- all these things convince me that she didn't leave that house alive. Whoever took her out, took her purse and shoes as well, to make it appear that she left to go somewhere willingly. Her daughter stated in the Missing Persons podcast that Sandra was very cautious when it came to curtains for the windows, keeping the door locked, and she would not have left either door unlocked when she left the house. I believe that she returned from the mechanic's shop to her home and that she had to unlock the door first to get in. Once she was in, she would have locked that door behind her.

We know from the podcast(s) that the lights were on in her house when Laina came there on Friday morning to drop the boys off. Sandra would have turned the lights on inside her house when it started to get dark outside. After returning from the mechanic's shop, she probably would have made herself something for dinner, and fed her dog. Later, she would have taken the dog for a last walk before turning in for the night. Someone could have spotted her out with the dog and followed her back to the house. When she went to the side door to unlock it, and let herself and dog in, someone could have ambushed her. I'm thinking that the motive could have been sexual assault. There was no sign of forced entry, and the door was unlocked (I don't know which door, but am assuming it was the side door).
(Just speculating here.)

A few devil's advocate responses:

The cops didn't appear to think much of the condition of the bed. Laina herself at one point indicated a slat or two may have been out of place, but the mattress wasn't turned over or in significant disarray. Bored little monkeys jumping on the bed earlier in the day could have caused it. Was the top sheet really missing from the house or just missing from the bed? No one has said. Did the two littlest ones take naps in that bed? I know she was preparing to make up a room for them, but it doesn't sound like that had happened yet.

According to weather records, the day was mostly overcast leading up to a stormy night. Laina didn't say how many lights were on, but it's a tiny house and "all" the lights probably weren't many. Now, if lights were on in the bedrooms and bathroom, that would be significant, but a couple lights left on in the living/eating area on an overcast afternoon may not be indicative of anything, timeline-wise. I'm curious to know what "all the lights were on" means in this context.

The only thing in the trash was a diaper from earlier in the day, and there's never been any mention of food preparation beyond watermelon in the fridge, so it's hard to say whether she prepared any dinner or not. House was on septic as I recall, which makes a garbage disposal unlikely. I don't think the contractor would have installed one during the flip. So if there really was only a diaper in the trash, I question whether she ate dinner.

SIL said there were no signs of struggle in the house, and LE seems to have not considered it a crime scene. Neighbors did not report any disturbances and in that neighborhood there's a high likelihood someone would have heard an argument or a scream. It's also interesting to note that neighbors expressed no fear for their own safety when interviewed by the local news and seemed instead to see it as an isolated incident. I'm not sure why they feel this way, unless they're convinced no violence or abduction happened in the house.

Did Sandra mind the children at her father’s house while she lived there? Or had she only recently begun minding them?
At the fathers house

(Just speculating here.)
The daughter reported no doors were locked and the key ring was at the mechanics. No mention of a spare key. How could she be attacked and no one heard anything?

At the fathers house

The daughter reported no doors were locked and the key ring was at the mechanics. No mention of a spare key. How could she be attacked and no one heard anything?

There were a lot of things not reported in this case. I believe that Sandra had a spare key. If she didn't, had she gone ahead with plans to stay the night at her cousin's house, that would have meant that she would have had to have left her house unlocked while gone. I just don't believe that she would have done that. (IMO)

A few devil's advocate responses:

The cops didn't appear to think much of the condition of the bed. Laina herself at one point indicated a slat or two may have been out of place, but the mattress wasn't turned over or in significant disarray. Bored little monkeys jumping on the bed earlier in the day could have caused it. Was the top sheet really missing from the house or just missing from the bed? No one has said. Did the two littlest ones take naps in that bed? I know she was preparing to make up a room for them, but it doesn't sound like that had happened yet.

According to weather records, the day was mostly overcast leading up to a stormy night. Laina didn't say how many lights were on, but it's a tiny house and "all" the lights probably weren't many. Now, if lights were on in the bedrooms and bathroom, that would be significant, but a couple lights left on in the living/eating area on an overcast afternoon may not be indicative of anything, timeline-wise. I'm curious to know what "all the lights were on" means in this context.

The only thing in the trash was a diaper from earlier in the day, and there's never been any mention of food preparation beyond watermelon in the fridge, so it's hard to say whether she prepared any dinner or not. House was on septic as I recall, which makes a garbage disposal unlikely. I don't think the contractor would have installed one during the flip. So if there really was only a diaper in the trash, I question whether she ate dinner.

SIL said there were no signs of struggle in the house, and LE seems to have not considered it a crime scene. Neighbors did not report any disturbances and in that neighborhood there's a high likelihood someone would have heard an argument or a scream. It's also interesting to note that neighbors expressed no fear for their own safety when interviewed by the local news and seemed instead to see it as an isolated incident. I'm not sure why they feel this way, unless they're convinced no violence or abduction happened in the house.
The daughter had said they couldn't find the sheet anywhere. Assumed she meant she looked in the laundry too. Just wasn't in the house, so whatever happened, that went too.

The daughter had said they couldn't find the sheet anywhere. Assumed she meant she looked in the laundry too. Just wasn't in the house, so whatever happened, that went too.

That is what I thought, too, keek. The sheet was "missing", as in not in the house. Otherwise, she would have said that the sheet was simply not on the mattress. Then, there was something that I think she said she discovered later, under the bed. That detail has not been disclosed.

Yes, @alexwood, I also recall that too. The daughter got on her hands and knees and saw something under a dresser, or some such furniture.

I wish it was disclosed what it was she found.

I know LE won't reveal everything, but I'd just like to know that one detail!

That is what I thought, too, keek. The sheet was "missing", as in not in the house. Otherwise, she would have said that the sheet was simply not on the mattress. Then, there was something that I think she said she discovered later, under the bed. That detail has not been disclosed.
Yes, she was on her hands and knees and found something of interest she feels. Not disclosing to the public due to investigation that is said to be very ongoing. I'm glad she went back after the initial 'shock', to just carefully think and go over the house herself. The bed was definitely disturbed, she had said that a corner of the bed went down, due to no longer supported. The bottom sheet gone. I can understand as another writer said that the boys might of been playing and jumping on it, but the sheet missing from the house means something else than that. I'd think DNA testing was done on the bed, hopefully, to rule out known family members that have been in the house, so that they could narrow it down. Lot of vagueness but I suppose the police dept's have what they have and need to keep to themselves still. Time had gone by before reported and the police didn't think of it all as any crime had occurred, just that she perhaps took off on her own for her own reasons or with someone who picked her up that she knew that might not it seems, have ended well for her.

Do you know where/when she said this? I only heard her say it was missing. Which could simply mean missing from the bed. I ask because if she'd told the cops that, I'd like to think it may have given them a reason to consider this more than just a missing person case.

When I read missing, I assumed missing from the whole house, Missing, as in totally not there.

Otherwise she would have said '"the sheet was mis-placed" or "the sheet was missing from the bed but located in the kitchen/lounge etc. "

I understand 'missing' to mean missing totally and in it's entirety. Gone.

Do you know where/when she said this? I only heard her say it was missing. Which could simply mean missing from the bed. I ask because if she'd told the cops that, I'd like to think it may have given them a reason to consider this more than just a missing person case.

Missing Persons Podcast:
Episode 1 Sandra Crispo
at Min. Mark 34:58
Laina says that her fitted sheet in her bedroom was also missing; they couldn't find it.

Last edited:
When I read missing, I assumed missing from the whole house, Missing, as in totally not there.

Otherwise she would have said '"the sheet was mis-placed" or "the sheet was missing from the bed but located in the kitchen/lounge etc. "

Maybe. But I understood that she did not have time to search around the house before she dropped the kids off with another relative. The only other person who could have checked was her husband before he headed over to the police station, and he said he found nothing wrong inside the house. After that point, the cops would have taken over. The cops have never treated this as a crime scene, SIL said he saw nothing amiss in the house, but when I think of missing sheets and missing people, I think of Shanann Watts. So maybe the sheet turned up when the cops checked a laundry bag? Otherwise, it strikes me as unusual that the cops would continue to treat this as a missing person case and not probable foul play.

Right, annpats, that is how I interpret Laina's statement. They could not find the sheet anywhere -- on her bed, in the house, nowhere to be found on the premises. I'm sure they searched thoroughly because that is a huge clue (considering we have so few clues).

Maybe. But I understood that she did not have time to search around the house before she dropped the kids off with another relative. The only other person who could have checked was her husband before he headed over to the police station, and he said he found nothing wrong inside the house. After that point, the cops would have taken over. The cops have never treated this as a crime scene, SIL said he saw nothing amiss in the house, but when I think of missing sheets and missing people, I think of Shanann Watts. So maybe the sheet turned up when the cops checked a laundry bag? Otherwise, it strikes me as unusual that the cops would continue to treat this as a missing person case and not probable foul play.

At some point, Laina returned to her mother's house. That is when she discovered the missing sheet and the undisclosed item found under the bed or under a piece of furniture in the bedroom. That may have been from The Vanished podcast.

At some point, Laina returned to her mother's house. That is when she discovered the missing sheet and the undisclosed item found under the bed or under a piece of furniture in the bedroom. That may have been from The Vanished podcast.

I find it curious that investigators would miss an item like a sheet not on a bed or otherwise not in the house and a mysterious undisclosed item under the bed. Ya think they'd have looked under the bed when they realized the resident and a sheet were missing.....

I find it curious that investigators would miss an item like a sheet not on a bed or otherwise not in the house and a mysterious undisclosed item under the bed. Ya think they'd have looked under the bed when they realized the resident and a sheet were missing.....

That is why Laina appealed to the State Attorney General. She had no confidence in Hanson PD's ability to investigate her mother's disappearance. That's when the State Police were called in to assist in the investigation.

Finding evidence under the bed is not accurate. LM said she got down on her hands and knees and was hoping to find something that would make the police take a closer look at whether or not a crime had occurred. She found something (it wasn't said what it was or what room it was in) and that is what was reported to police.

If a person killed her in her house and
also took her body away, that's not the usual pattern that occurs when the assailant is a stranger to the victim. I'm not saying it never happens, but usually if a stranger attacks a woman alone in her home, they leave the victim's body where it is. They don't need to take the victim anywhere because they have all the privacy to do whatever they want to do right at her house. No one knows the connection between the perpetrator and the victim. It's less of a risk to leave the victim than to move her. Because if you do, you have 1. created two extra crime scenes with forensic evidence (your vehicle and the place where you dispose of the body) and 2. you risk being seen by witnesses disposing of the body or transporting it.

So who is likely to move a body after a fatal attack in the home? Someone who is known to the victim. Someone who feels that if she's found murdered in her own home, there is some logical thread that links him to her death. He wants to put time and distance between himself and whatever happened to her, so he takes the risk to dispose of the body somewhere else. This gives time before she's found for him to construct an alibi and hopefully raises the question in investigators' minds of whether something happened to her away from the home.

We don't even know whether the agency investigating her disappearance considers this a crime right now. But if they do, and if they think she was removed from the house after she died, I guarantee you an assailant who was a stranger to her is not high on their list of theories. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member