CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a little information I found regarding the Bonita Vista Ranch. Look at the attached files of the property line. If you notice the property line goes directly in the middle of her home(s). The property above is owned by
SOUTHEASTERN CALIF CONFERENCE OF SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS so technically there is some legal issues here as this group owns 160 acres and her home is on the property line.

Dia owns two lots, one is 35.13 acres which has the main house, the two guest houses, and cabins, the pond, etc. It has a tax assess value of around $1.5 million. This property was transferred on June 18, 2020 11 days after Dis was reported missing. Her second property on the Bonita Vista Ranch is 80 acres with an tax assess value of almost $600,000. This one was also transferred on June 18, 2020.

I have two points to this. 1) is the tax assess value if over $2 million KH would make bank if he is the beneficiary and is able to sale the ranch. 2) Was there some sort of dispute going on between Seventh-Day and Did?

I have not found no information on the other ranches she owns. I will continue to look.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_10b7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10b7.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 21
  • fullsizeoutput_10b5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10b5.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 18
I have two points to this. 1) is the tax assess value if over $2 million KH would make bank if he is the beneficiary and is able to sale the ranch. 2) Was there some sort of dispute going on between Seventh-Day and Dia?
That's an interesting twist. Are you speculating that KH might've known about some dispute and bet that if he could gain control of the properties that he could sell the property to the church easy as can be?

IMO, this just isn't some simple missing person case. This case seems to involve some kind of sophisticated plot to do away with Dia and take away her wealth and gain her estate. It's tragic if someone planned to do this to her. She signed those papers and went missing within a few weeks.

Dia's children own a great deal more property than she did from Clem's family trust he set up. Yet, they did not want to grant Dia what she asked for in court. They denied her more money going into her trust from a change in tax law I think it was. Then we have KH who we recently found out also owns properties. There seems to be some experienced property owners in this arena. I hope we learn how any of these details might fit together to make perfect sense and point to the person(s) responsible.

Greetings...
It's MOO TIME :)
Curious as to where the thought came from for searching for Dia in the remote areas mentioned...

Glad to see the attention to this situation, rooting and rooting for Justice to to overcome!

Loose lips sink ships...
MOO accomplices if any are loose ends...
It's good to consider accomplices and hold then in captive category.
Some very slippery peeps are involved here...
extra Moo time :(:(:(.

Here is a little information I found regarding the Bonita Vista Ranch. Look at the attached files of the property line. If you notice the property line goes directly in the middle of her home(s). The property above is owned by
SOUTHEASTERN CALIF CONFERENCE OF SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS so technically there is some legal issues here as this group owns 160 acres and her home is on the property line.

Dia owns two lots, one is 35.13 acres which has the main house, the two guest houses, and cabins, the pond, etc. It has a tax assess value of around $1.5 million. This property was transferred on June 18, 2020 11 days after Dis was reported missing. Her second property on the Bonita Vista Ranch is 80 acres with an tax assess value of almost $600,000. This one was also transferred on June 18, 2020.

I have two points to this. 1) is the tax assess value if over $2 million KH would make bank if he is the beneficiary and is able to sale the ranch. 2) Was there some sort of dispute going on between Seventh-Day and Did?

I have not found no information on the other ranches she owns. I will continue to look.

KH has gone on record with cbs8 saying :
“Dia spelled it out that it was to become a reserve. And that is what our intent – both me and Diana -- is to make that into a reserve,” Harper said in a recent telephone interview.
And:
“A reserve in memory of her. It is to never be sold and always remain as a reserve for animals,” Harper said.”
So, it will be very interesting and noteworthy, if he does sell.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/investigations/fiance-missing-woman-trustee-ranch-near-idyllwild-dia-abrams/509-38d95e92-4132-4c5c-a1ae-cb04937fe62f

Have we seen the document where “Dia spelled it out” about her wishes for the place to become a reserve?

What I find interesting is that when @mah8336 talked to Dia, she was wanting to sell the property due to money. But now, KH is saying Dia did not want to sell, but be a “reserve”. I’m not well versed in what a reserve is. How would one be funded if one cannot afford the costs of owning the property?

“Dia spelled it out that it was to become a reserve. And that is what our intent – both me and Diana -- is to make that into a reserve,” Harper said in a recent telephone interview.
And:
“A reserve in memory of her. It is to never be sold and always remain as a reserve for animals,” Harper said.”

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/investigations/fiance-missing-woman-trustee-ranch-near-idyllwild-dia-abrams/509-38d95e92-4132-4c5c-a1ae-cb04937fe62f

Have we seen the document where “Dia spelled it out” about her wishes for the place to become a reserve?

What I find interesting is that when @mah8336 talked to Dia, she was wanting to sell the property due to money. But now, KH is saying Dia did not want to sell, but be a “reserve”. I’m not well versed in what a reserve is. How would one be funded if one cannot afford the costs of owning the property?

Clem was the provider and we he passed away she had no income. She was fixing up the ranch to sale. It was to much for her to handle.

That's an interesting twist. Are you speculating that KH might've known about some dispute and bet that if he could gain control of the properties that he could sell the property to the church easy as can be?

IMO, this just isn't some simple missing person case. This case seems to involve some kind of sophisticated plot to do away with Dia and take away her wealth and gain her estate. It's tragic if someone planned to do this to her. She signed those papers and went missing within a few weeks.

Dia's children own a great deal more property than she did from Clem's family trust he set up. Yet, they did not want to grant Dia what she asked for in court. They denied her more money going into her trust from a change in tax law I think it was. Then we have KH who we recently found out also owns properties. There seems to be some experienced property owners in this arena. I hope we learn how any of these details might fit together to make perfect sense and point to the person(s) responsible.

This is something I am uncertain about. It is just s theory at this point. I am thinking out loud and brain storming. But money turns good people into evil people in a heart beat.

Greetings...
It's MOO TIME :)
Curious as to where the thought came from for searching for Dia in the remote areas mentioned...

Glad to see the attention to this situation, rooting and rooting for Justice to to overcome!

@Desert Cruiser I had just moved to Lake Havasu on April 1st and it was a long boring drive in the desert LOL LOL, so I got a thinking. If KH was a cop at some point he would know where LE would search and where they wouldn't search. If you map his route from the ranch to Aztec which route would you take? I was thinking what route I would take and some possible locations.

He was in a motorhome so in my opinion driving to his property in Meadview is way out of the way and a tough ride in a motorhome due to the dirt roads. The SR62 past 29 palms is nothing but nothing and very view cars. Parker is to busy and so is the interstate. He would have to find some place were no one goes and no one would think about.

This is just my thought.

And:

:Good question. Google says:

What does it mean to have a reserve?
As a noun, reserve refers to the quality of a shy or modest person who doesn't easily express his or her feelings. As a verb, to reserve is to stash something away or to set it aside for future use. Reserve can also refer to backup supplies or resources.

Think "reservation".

KH did say Dia wanted to make her estate into a 'reserve'. I understood him to mean something like a sanctuary, or rescue, for burrows and other animals to live out their lives in a safe place where they will be cared for, but this interpretation may stem from my own (not so) secret wish to take in every stray and wayward creature I come across. The cost of such a rescue would be substantial, IMO, and unless there is a way to make it self-sustaining, prohibitive. This "reserve" of Dia's sounds more like wishful thinking on her part than an actual plan for her estate.

Remember Leona Helmsley and her dog, Trouble? Helmsley left Trouble her estate, worth twelve million dollars, and left nothing to her children:

Leona Helmsley's Little Rich Dog Trouble Dies in Luxury

>>>snip

...A judge later knocked down the dog's inheritance to $2 million...

...The dog was blind and stricken with health issues before her death. Her caretaker, Carl Lekic spent $100,000 annually on her care -- including $8,000 for grooming and $1,200 for dog food.

Trouble, who had faced 20 to 30 death and kidnapping threats, also retained a full-time security guard, according to news reports...

and

...Funds held in the dog's trust will revert to the Helmsley family trust, which supports charities, she said...

(Article continues)
<<<snip

While I love the idea of a burro sanctuary, and love Dia for wanting to create one, IMO, it was a terrible, foolish, hurtful thing to have done to her heirs. I don't know the details. Maybe the heirs have too much money. Possibly they don't deserve a penny of her estate. Maybe Dia's life passion was burros. In any event, a more responsible (IMO) bequest might have funded an already established animal welfare group, one with a proven ability to manage both the business and the practical aspects of animal rescue. As it is, Dia's reserve will be run by KH and out-of-state DF, probably at a net loss to her estate, and her legacy will be lost altogether. MOO

And:
Such excellent points, @slowpoke. KH is the one saying Dia wanted her ranch property to be made into a Reserve. Where is there any proof she seriously said that and meant that?
What I find interesting is that when @mah8336 talked to Dia, she was wanting to sell the property due to money. But now, KH is saying Dia did not want to sell, but be a “reserve”.
I believe what @mah8336 said more. I think Dia was likely hurting for money, and had financial worries especially once Covid cut into businesses like the wedding venue, etc., For example, her nice car was sitting there unrepaired. She probably talked about needing money just as much as talking about a "dream" Reserve. It seems KH doesn't sound like a real partner offering her any financial help either way. What was he going to bring to the dream? Now, I'm suppose to believe only him about what she wanted?
While I love the idea of a burro sanctuary, and love Dia for wanting to create one, IMO, it was a terrible, foolish, hurtful thing to have done to her heirs. I don't know the details. Maybe the heirs have too much money. Possibly they don't deserve a penny of her estate. Maybe Dia's life passion was burros. In any event, a more responsible (IMO) bequest might have funded an already established animal welfare group, one with a proven ability to manage both the business and the practical aspects of animal rescue.
I enjoyed your post thoroughly. I don't know @coastal if Dia really said anything about wanting a Reserve in any serious discussion with KH or any body. I so agree with you that it would be a smarter move to support and contribute to a Reserve already established and running smoothly.

It still bothers me that she didn't share her wedding plans with anyone else. Looking to the future, she should've been excited and planning that supposed wedding. KH has her talking about when she dies. It sounds good giving an interview that he'll keep a Reserve going and not sell the properties, but he's trying to get a refund on the boots and they're having garage sales selling off Dia's stuff. Doubt they can run a Reserve. All MOO.

I've been thinking about what @mah8336 said about Dia seeming scared and like she was tired from lack of sleep. She pointed a gun out of being perhaps hyper vigilant and on edge. This is absolutely my own thoughts and MOO that Dia may have been suffering from a lack of judgment at that time. Was someone gas lighting her? Comes back to WHY did she sign those papers and name those two? Then, she went missing soon after.
^^^^^^^^
animated-cow-image-0053.gif
^^^^^^^^^
All JMO, MOO, and thoughts & speculations. ETA-- a MOO cow.

Last edited:
Bringing back this 2013 article featuring Dia, during a time there was severe flooding on her property. I was thinking about Dia’s wishes for her ranch to be a “reserve”, and maybe this article gives an idea for some of her thinking.

The flooding had destroyed her natural ponds, which she was upset about, and said this: “These are natural ponds, kind of like wildlife sanctuaries," she said.“

Her usage of the term “wildlife sanctuaries” here I believe means those ponds were important for the wildlife native to the area. Earlier in the article it states it’s a watering hole for the wildlife native to the area, and that there were fish in there. So, she considered it an important source for the animals to thrive.

It also said, “She hopes some organizations and government agencies can come forward with money and volunteers to help rebuild the ponds.” So, maybe this is what she was hoping, that somehow some organization would step in (with money and manpower) and help her in maintaining the land for the sake of the wildlife there.

One other thing of note: “Even as she was assessing the damage today, Abrams cringed as a lightening bolt cracked shortly after noon and intermittent drops of rain started pelting the cell phone she was using to call friends for support.” So, @mah8336, perhaps it depends on the cell carrier. Seems Dia was able to use her cell phone from her property.

Severe flash flood warning • Idyllwild Town Crier

Just my thoughts.

At the time she said she was single and wanted to sale her home as she couldn't afford it anymore. We chatted for sometime the first time I met her. She told me she was single and had no attention in being with anyone. She said all they want is her money. I met KH the first time there and he was extremely rude to me.

^^^ You didn't mention anything about Dia planning to wed KH. He had been around for some time by then. Hmm...

KH was rude to you too. We know what one of the guests said about their experience with KH. He doesn't seem to make a good impression on people, IMO.

^^^ You didn't mention anything about Dia planning to wed KH. He had been around for some time by then. Hmm...

KH was rude to you too. We know what one of the guests said about their experience with KH. He doesn't seem to make a good impression on people, IMO.

From what she had told me is she did not like KH and he cannot be trusted. She never said anything about KH and her being a couple. Mater of fact when he was around he slept in the guest quarters and not in her house. If they were engaged I would think different sleeping arrangements would be happening.

Bringing back this 2013 article featuring Dia, during a time there was severe flooding on her property. I was thinking about Dia’s wishes for her ranch to be a “reserve”, and maybe this article gives an idea for some of her thinking.

The flooding had destroyed her natural ponds, which she was upset about, and said this: “These are natural ponds, kind of like wildlife sanctuaries," she said.“

Her usage of the term “wildlife sanctuaries” here I believe means those ponds were important for the wildlife native to the area. Earlier in the article it states it’s a watering hole for the wildlife native to the area, and that there were fish in there. So, she considered it an important source for the animals to thrive.

It also said, “She hopes some organizations and government agencies can come forward with money and volunteers to help rebuild the ponds.” So, maybe this is what she was hoping, that somehow some organization would step in (with money and manpower) and help her in maintaining the land for the sake of the wildlife there.

One other thing of note: “Even as she was assessing the damage today, Abrams cringed as a lightening bolt cracked shortly after noon and intermittent drops of rain started pelting the cell phone she was using to call friends for support.” So, @mah8336, perhaps it depends on the cell carrier. Seems Dia was able to use her cell phone from her property.

Severe flash flood warning • Idyllwild Town Crier

Just my thoughts.

I remember her telling me about the floods and the bad fire. She also experienced the bad fire in 2019 I believe. The only pond there was the main one and she said I can come anytime to fish, but I have to release anything I catch. She even said I can hunt there but it was currently closed due to the recent fires.

Her ranch is high up in the mountains and from what she said before I visited with her is cell phones do not work. I know mine did not and it could be because of the carrier (which was ATT at the time). I know her cell phone did not work either (per Dia telling me this). It could be possible KH cell worked.

When the floods happened in 2013 she was still married to Clem as he passed away in 2018. Or am I mistaken?

Hi, I've been posting about this on the other thread related to the missing 6 (then 4 after 2 were found). I'll try to copy and paste my other posts on this thread.

Here's another map of the area:
Apple Canyon Campground

This is where the address for the ranch estate is located:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Here's the ranch estate web site - acreage is stated as 116:
http://www.bonitavistaranchestate.com/

I found the above link for the ranch web site on this site:
Bonita Vista Ranch Estate - The Knot

Here's an interesting Air BNB listing for the ranch:
Bonita Vista Ranch Bed and Breakfast (3 rooms) - Bed and breakfasts for Rent in Mountain Center, California, United States

Here's an interesting real estate listing for a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath property at the same address, with the ranch estate photos, that sold on June 18,2020
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®

Here's another real estate listing:
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA - 2 beds/2.5 baths

Here's a description of the property as 'Agricultural Land with Single Family Residential', the acreage is listed as 35.13:
https://www.propertyshark.com/mason...111-Bonita-Vista-Rd-Mountain-Center-CA-92561/

Lydia Abrams was supposed to get married. I wonder if someone didn't want that to happen?
Families want answers after 5 people go missing in Idyllwild area since March | KTLA

She has two lots, one is 35.13 acres which has the main house, guest house and airbnb rentals the other lot is right next to it which is 80 acres. June 18th was 11 days after she went missing and the county shows a transfer of the property.

I found the house that matches the photo of the Garner Valley Mountain Retreat for sale on Realtor.com and Zillow:
36581 Tool Box Springs Rd, Mountain Center, CA, 92561 | realtor.com®
36581 Tool Box Springs Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 | MLS #219040600 | Zillow

I decided to call the Hemet Sheriff's office and report the address of the property, and the association with 'Dia' just in case they aren't aware. I spoke to a 'dispatcher' who said she'd pass along the information. They probably already know but there's no mention in the news that any property other than the Ranch was searched so just in case......

This listing shows a home on almost 5 acres and it was for sale in March 2020 but the listing has been removed. If you search the property on the Riverside county website the address is unknown. Interesting.

She has two lots, one is 35.13 acres which has the main house, guest house and airbnb rentals the other lot is right next to it which is 80 acres. June 18th was 11 days after she went missing and the county shows a transfer of the property.
:eek:

Back episodes of Forensic Files niggle me. Arsenic. Isolation. Manipulation.

Hear me out.

It would appear that someone(s) wanted Dia's assets.

How would you do that?

Alienate her from family. Convince her that they were a threat somehow.

It sounds like Dia was frightened, paranoid -- could she have been poisoned over time? Convinced or coerced to sign things she never would otherwise, increasingly more paranoid but unaware of the enemy. Cut off from her children by design, convinced by others that they were out to get her. What if Dia WAS in a confused state? Until she was conveniently disappeared.

I think Dia was engaged to no one. Not at the time, not even close.

I've seen variations on this idea on FF where the Dia is kept "alive" with holiday cards sent as if from the person...

Is it possible her children were trying to PROTECT her assets, fearing that either Dia was slipping mentally or she was being manipulated by others. Perhaps they were concerned someone was taking over her purse strings.

Dia is missing. Dia, it doesn't sound like, was acting as she normally would, during the time prior to her disappearance.... could she have been gradually drugged?

Who benefits from telling a tale about Dia's wishes?

Who benefits from Dia's disappearance?

I think her children are victims....

I think Dia's IDENTITY was stolen right in plain sight. And then, she was disposed of.

We have got to find her voice. Dia dear, what happened to you?

These are just my opinions -- your thoughts?

@Desert Cruiser I had just moved to Lake Havasu on April 1st and it was a long boring drive in the desert LOL LOL, so I got a thinking. If KH was a cop at some point he would know where LE would search and where they wouldn't search. If you map his route from the ranch to Aztec which route would you take? I was thinking what route I would take and some possible locations.

He was in a motorhome so in my opinion driving to his property in Meadview is way out of the way and a tough ride in a motorhome due to the dirt roads. The SR62 past 29 palms is nothing but nothing and very view cars. Parker is to busy and so is the interstate. He would have to find some place were no one goes and no one would think about.

This is just my thought.

Thank you for your input... MOO from here on out.
If Isidro saw Dia that Friday, came up missing the next day, the unofficial search for Dia started on Sunday and KH left Monday... I guess if I was LE, I would be taking dust/dirt samples off the undercarriage of the RV? Or any cell phone tracking if any...
Meaning that possibly Dia was traveled on Monday, or Clems truck was used prior to Monday?...
I hear that Isidiro may be working in the area for another person? MOO speculation...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members