CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
“They are gunshots. I don't have a question about that. They do sound like they're indoors, at least the first few of them. I haven't analyzed them completely but it definitely sounds like it's inside a house,” Neumeister said.

“The way it peaks so quickly – and just the sound of a gun after doing 41 years of this – it's fairly easy to recognize,” said Neumeister.

“I'm going to be able to clarify, get rid of all the background noise. If there's some[thing] like a human voice, I'll be able to spot that quite easily. Even if it is buried, I'll be able to bring it out,” said Neumeister. “I have to clean it up enough that there's no question about what's there, and that is something I do every day.”

A neighbor, who wanted to remain anonymous, initially allowed a reporter to record the surveillance audio with a cell phone. News 8 released that audio on April 8 and the recording included six of the initial shots.

The neighbor then released a clean, digital copy of the audio on April 17. The digital copy was longer in length and included two additional gunshot sounds for a total of eight shots.

The new recording captured a cluster of five shots followed by a sixth shot about 10 seconds later. Shot number seven rings out after a 34-second gap, followed by shot eight 23 seconds later.
Expert says audio in Maya Millete's neighborhood is of gunshots | cbs8.com

Thank you for sharing this news and info !!!!

IIRC, family searched around Silver Strand, I think.
Also, would the marina areas be very busy at 5:30 AM ?? When he supposedly left the house ??
This is so sad, regardless who it is.
I hope it is Maya, for her family's sake, even though it's not the outcome we prefer, we pretty much know she is no longer with us and her family needs to find her.

Now-- with all the "news /info leaks lately and the gunshot Audio news going around.. and now someone found in the water...... Please, please keep those kiddos safe.
I am worried if LM hears about body found, well, I am extremely concerned for those kiddos.

Off to work now but will be checking in a lot today for any updates.
...one thing I was just thinking of...that area with the body in the water, glorietta bay (right where the bridge connects to coronado on the west side (I go lobster fishing there) has a long term anchorage with a lot of "live aboard" people (check it out in google maps satellite view). as I've boated there quite a bit I can tell you that many of those people living on those boats are a little bit sketchy, substance issues, mental health issues....I want this case resolved too but seems like simplest explanation right now is the body is a person connected to the boats....just speculation. Oh, your question about marinas being busy at 5:30 am, yes they can be, lots of people fishing go out to the coronado islands and it's not uncommon for people doing that to launch there boats at 3 or 4 in the morning to be at the islands at first light

Last edited:
...one thing I was just thinking of...that area with the body in the water, glorietta bay (right where the bridge connects to coronado on the west side (I go lobster fishing there) has a long term anchorage with a lot of "live aboard" people (check it out in google maps satellite view). as I've boated there quite a bit I can tell you that many of those people living on those boats are a little bit sketchy, substance issues, mental health issues....I want this case resolved too but seems like simplest explanation right now is the body is a person connected to the boats....just speculation. Oh, your question about marinas being busy at 5:30 am, yes they can be, lots of people fishing go out to the coronado islands and it's not uncommon for people doing that to launch there boats at 3 or 4 in the morning to be at the islands at first light
I agree. I also think the body recovered from Glorietta Bay is probably more recently deceased.

I was just wondering how difficult it would be to distinguish a gender if it was in the water for roughly 100 days. I'm guessing that the gender wouldn't be so easily determined and reported if that was the case. But I know almost nothing about this so I'm speculating. MOO

I am going to guess the appt made with divorce lawyer that day/evening is what probably set him off.
I think he was a short fuse ready to go anyway and finding out she has appointment set up for divorce put him over the edge and he knew he was losing his "Control" over her, JMO
ABSOLUTELY
I 100% believe that the divorce attorney meeting was the straw that broke the camel's back. Until then, he was still letting himself believe he still somewhat had control of the situation (her) but at that point, he knew there was no turning back for her, the steps of breaking up were in full motion and this was the biggest moment of rejection he had faced from her yet. To me, this is the most premeditated break-up violence I've ever seen. MOO

It's the same forensic expert on the Interview room yesterday.
female body found in san diego bay. this is not completely unusual as that bridge has a fair number of suicides, which are usually unreported in media to discourage copy cats. what is unusual is homicide being called and a "press release" to be issued.

I think news reported it to be an older female. Also, over 3 months after.. its probably not her.

MOO

I agree. I also think the body recovered from Glorietta Bay is probably more recently deceased.
Ahh.. @Seattle1
While I was hoping for Maya's family sake it is Maya, you always bring logic to the case discussion while, myself, at times, tend to get emotional and all logic goes out the window.
Thank you for always keeping me grounded with your thoughtful and logical posts :)

First -- WELCOME TO WS !!!!

We appreciate you being local and providing local information to help the visualization of the area.
I wasn't thinking or awake yet but yes.. people start fishing here very early in the morning also so would be understandable they would elsewhere.

Lot of walkers/joggers also.... very health-conscious area over there. Was so hoping it would have been her just for closure sake, and so SOMEONE CAN GO TO PRISON ALREADY. Sorry. Frustrated :(

Ahh.. @Seattle1
While I was hoping for Maya's family sake it is Maya, you always bring logic to the case discussion while, myself, at times, tend to get emotional and all logic goes out the window.
Thank you for always keeping me grounded with your thoughtful and logical posts :)
Thank you @Spartygirl for your kind words. Sadly, the family of a 65+ year old woman have been notified of her death. Peace and comfort to all that are grieving her loss.

I have never been to the Grand Canyon, so I’m wondering if there are cameras around. I’ve always wondered if someone would take May there? MOO of course

It is a National Park, so cameras for sure. Maybe not everywhere, it is very expansive. But enough to make it challenging. Also very populated no matter the season, it's a popular destination. So many open spaces off the beaten path around San Diego County alone though.... like Pala, where Amber DuBois was found. :( Not sure they would have ever found her without Chelsea King's parents cutting that deal with the *advertiser censored* to get him to reveal the location. Unfortunately there is a lot of wide open places with no one around, no cameras..... someone needs to talk

It is a National Park, so cameras for sure. Maybe not everywhere, it is very expansive. But enough to make it challenging. Also very populated no matter the season, it's a popular destination. So many open spaces off the beaten path around San Diego County alone though.... like Pala, where Amber DuBois was found. :( Not sure they would have ever found her without Chelsea King's parents cutting that deal with the *advertiser censored* to get him to reveal the location. Unfortunately there is a lot of wide open places with no one around, no cameras..... someone needs to talk
Family recently shared on the MM Missing FB page that this year's planned trip for Maya's birthday and the extended family was the Grand Canyon.

Family recently shared on the MM Missing FB page that this year's planned trip for Maya's birthday and the extended family was the Grand Canyon.

I saw that. :( Would have been a rad trip, and he did mention it. Maybe en route to it, lot of open space there too.... Actual canyon though is very well visited. Though I supposed middle the night/early morning would be possible. GAH. Where is she? :(

bringing this back up, the woman found did indeed live on board her boat.

I have two random speculations on where I would look for May.
If the Perp was directly involved in the disposal, he might have picked a "resting place" that was a little less harsh than a dumping ground. The Otay Reservoir area, and specifically the Elizabeth Cave look interesting to me.

If the Perp did not directly dispose of the remains, it is more likely to me that they were deposited in the desert either in an abandoned mine, or some equally receptive location. While possible, I don't think she ended up in the water; it's too much in motion, and likely to reveal. I think she is more in a spot that is unchanging.

I hope the accomplice (if there is one), will be smart enough to cooperate and cut a deal.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agree, that’s definitely a scared and upset dog. The gunshots and whatever else the dog saw/heard really freaked it out.

That was why I asked previously if May owned a dog. The dog reaction, maybe two dogs ( one yelping after the first shot- one continually barking in distress ) Those are stress barks. Small dogs too.

I have two random speculations on where I would look for May.
If the Perp was directly involved in the disposal, he might have picked a "resting place" that was a little less harsh than a dumping ground. The Otay Reservoir area, and specifically the Elizabeth Cave look interesting to me.

If the Perp did not directly dispose of the remains, it is more likely to me that they were deposited in the desert either in an abandoned mine, or some equally receptive location. While possible, I don't think she ended up in the water; it's too much in motion, and likely to reveal. I think she is more in a spot that is unchanging.

I hope the accomplice (if there is one), will be smart enough to cooperate and cut a deal.

Amateur opinion and speculation
if indeed the LM had another person/s dispose of a body... they had 3 days lead time, which means she can be far away. Everybody focused on LM, while somebody else had plenty of time finding a place.. cross borders even. when BL was asked by Chris McD if Mexico was a possibility, he didnt say no and was still following leads concerning that.

MOO all Spculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member