GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tom_Servo, I follow what you are laying down. If this thread, dedicated to awaiting the verdict, goes off the rails with political BS it will be shut down, and none of us want that.

That can be hard when politicians opt to use their office to opine on the case we are discussing, but we need to try to keep them from being the topic of discussion here or risk losing our ability to discuss because some overworked mod or admin has to come clean up our mess.

The protracted, hands-on – or rather knee-on-neck – murder of a person convicted of nothing at by police employed to "serve and protect" is a concern for the whole of humanity. It is not, nor should it be deemed a political issue.

I see no difference between this case and that of a young woman in the UK where an active member of LE is charged with her murder.

IMO, we all should be outraged, and have a right, even a duty, to speak out, no matter where we live. This includes POTUS, IMO.
Exactly...

What happens now that jurors in Derek Chauvin's murder trial are sequestered?

Jurors were also allowed to take notes during the trial, which may be used during deliberations to refresh their memories. They will not be provided a trial transcript and are told to rely on their collective memory.

I didn't realize the BBM portion.

Why aren't trial transcripts allowed for all juries to review in every trial? It would take to long to reach a verdict? Has it always been like that? TIA

• April 20, 2021 - A verdict has been reached and will be read between 3:30-4:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 20.
  • April 20, 2021 - 8:00 a.m. - Jury begins deliberations for the day
  • April 19, 2021 - 8:00 p.m. - Jury adjourns deliberations for the day
  • April 19, 2021 - 4:00 p.m. - Jury begins deliberations
  • April 19, 2021 - Closing arguments
  • March 29, 2021 – Opening statements
  • March 23, 2021 – Jury is selected
  • March 8, 2021 – Trial begins
  • Minnesota Judicial Branch - 27-CR-20-12646: State vs. Derek Chauvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics