GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that 2nd degree was not even included in the beginning....per CBSN

Peacefully protesting will be fine, but what's mostly happened in this torn apart city isn't protesting by any stretch of the imagination.

That's what concerns me, and its happening in this city,and other many cities who have had such awful riots doing over two BILLION dollars in damage.

Jmho

I absolutely disagree that that is what mostly happens. The vast majority of protests are peaceful. The few ruin it for all, as the destruction they cause is so terrible and visual.

I want to go outside for a sec but I know as sooooon as I do.. they’ll be there to read the verdict

I said to my husband a few minutes ago that I can’t imagine how any person of conscience and empathy could watch the video of Mr George Floyd’s torturous death under Chauvin’s knee and not find him guilty of something. Nothing the defense presented changes what we all saw. People of conscience may disagree about what charges Chauvin is guilty of based on the finer points of evidence, but the excuses presented by Nelson (the distracting “mob,” drugs, prior health issues, etc) were a master class in gaslighting....telling us that what we saw wasn’t what really happened.

Re-reading the charges, I believe Chauvin is guilty of all three.
JMO

HLN
@HLNTV

·
13s

Shortly after word went out that the jury has reached a verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial, law enforcement officials began shutting a newly-installed gate at Minneapolis Police Headquarters. #ChauvinTrialOnHLN #ChauvinTrial live

Does the judge get to see the verdict before it is read?
IIRC, he looks at is before it is read, but only as it is about to be read (he doesn't know the verdict now).

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member