GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday night ended an interview with a former New York City corrections officer after the guest criticized former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin for using excessive force when he killed George Floyd.

-snip-

"Let's face it, what we saw in that video was pure savagery," the ex-corrections officer said. "I mean, the documentary evidence shows the police officer putting his knee on the perpetrator's neck while he was rear cuffed and his stomach was on the ground, causing positional asphyxia. I'd like to see more training for police. I'd like to see the police trained as EMTs, like in the Fire Department."

-snip-

"I just think that it was excessive and it shouldn't have happened. One more thing...," he said.

Carlson interrupted for a third time, saying, "Yeah but the guy that did it looks like he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison so I'm kind of more worried about the rest of the country, thanks to police inaction, in case you haven't noticed, is like boarded up. Ahahaha! That's more my concern. But I appreciate it, Gavin, thank you."

"Look, look," Gavin said, as he was cut off screen.

"Nope! Done. Thank you," said Carlson.

'Nope! Done': Tucker Carlson Shuts Down Interview After Guest Said Chauvin Used Excessive Force

There's the holdout the Defense attorney was looking for. On his television the whole time.

Yes, that's what the State said and I don't disagree with it.

What I would like to know is how can we tell if GF's O2 blood level never dropped because the heart arrhythmia caused a lack of blood to his brain and that's what killed him.

Would that also explain the 98% O2 level? Seems possible to me. JMO
Oh, I see now what you mean RANCH.

Oak Park Heights / Department of Corrections

Details

View attachment 293605

View attachment 293606 View attachment 293607

Offender Information
MNDOC Offender ID:
Name:
Derek Michael Chauvin
Birth Date:
03/19/1976

Current Status:
Incarcerated as of 04/20/2021. Currently at MCF Oak Park Heights.
Custody Level: Level 5 Maximum
Being held for sentencing - Contact co-records.doc@state.mn.us for more information

View attachment 293603
View attachment 293604
I'm wondering if Chauvin will be moved to another location after sentencing.

Good morning turaj! I hope you are feeling a bit relieved today ;)

I have been looking to see if any jurors have talked yet... can't find anything! I did see a tweet from Cathy and another reporter from law and crime asking if any want to talk to get in touch... I'm sure other media outlets have done the same.

juror info

EzggTmLWQAMfftO
EzgjVKeVEAAp4X1
EzgjV1TVoAUF3YA

Minnesota Judicial Branch - 27-CR-20-12646: State vs. Derek Chauvin

Last edited:
“Is that in the Twitterverse?” NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea asked on NY 1 Wednesday when asked about the blowback he received for his tweet concerning the ex-Minneapolis cop found guilty on all counts Tuesday.

“I don’t give it much credence,” Shea said of the negative responses. “I’m not too concerned on what’s on Twitter.”
NYPD commissioner brushes off criticism of his ‘justice is served’ tweet about Derek Chauvin’s George Floyd murder conviction

"Today, I am announcing that the Justice Department has opened a civil investigation to determine whether the Minneapolis Police Department engages in a pattern or practice of unconstitutional or unlawful policing," US Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

He said the civil probe - separate from an ongoing criminal investigation into Mr Floyd's death - will examine whether the police systematically engaged in the use of excessive force, including during legal protests.

It will also examine whether the city force showed a pattern of discrimination and unlawful treatment of people with behavioral health disabilities, Mr Garland said.

If evidence is found of a pattern of unlawful practices, the investigation could possibly lead to a civil lawsuit seeking to compel the city to undertake sweeping reforms of its police department.
Investigation into policing in Minneapolis announced

I'm wondering if Chauvin will be moved to another location after sentencing.

Good question. He is at risk and is being kept out of the general population so I would be surprised if they move him because the prison he is in, Oak Park Heights, is the state’s only maximum-security facility, housing 349 inmates.
I don't see why they would move him if his custody level doesn't change. Oak Park Heights is a Level 5, the highest Level.

Derek Chauvin taken to maximum-security prison after conviction

https://mn.gov/doc/facilities/oak-park-heights/administrative-control-unit/

He is on Administrative Segregation status for his safety, DOC spokeswoman Sarah Fitzgerald said Wednesday, and is in the Administrative Control Unit (ACU). The ACU is the state’s most secure unit. Administrative segregation is used when someone’s presence in the general population is a safety concern,”

MCF-Oak Park Heights has a restricted housing unit that is operated at the highest level of security – the Administrative Control Unit (ACU). The majority of inmates housed here are maximum and close custody, as some of the inmates need a higher level of security,”

offender%20in%20cell_tcm1089-434522.jpg
Doors%20for%20ACU%20cell%20showing%20both%20doors_tcm1089-434523.JPG

ACU%20cell%20inside_tcm1089-434520.JPG
ACU%20cell%20inside%202_tcm1089-434518.JPG

Darnella and all who were on the sidewalk that day are definitely heroes in this story. I worry about the weight on their shoulders (the guilt of not doing more even though they could not) and the affect of seeing Mr. Floyd die in front of their eyes. They are victims of this criminal, former officer. I hope they have access to mental health services if they want because they bear a heavy burden. It is so clear to me that but for their sacrifice of their innocence that Mr. Floyd's death would not have ever been prosecuted.

And Chauvin should pay for this!!

After Chauvin, Minnesota set to prosecute three other officers in Floyd death | WGN-TV

April 20, 2021

MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) — With the conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd on Tuesday, prosecutors will begin turning their attention to making their case against three others who took part in the fatal arrest.

Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane, all of whom were fired and arrested days after Floyd died last May, face charges at a trial on Aug. 23 that they aided and abetted second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter of Floyd.

Aiding and abetting murder is punishable by up to 40 years in prison, although sentencing guidelines can reduce the maximum to 15 years.

The following is a summary of Minnesota prosecutors’ allegations against each of the men, all of whom are free on $750,000 bail:

@dixiegirl1035 - if you see any hearing dates coming up for these 3 - please post. I have their last hearing on 1/7/21 - so "thinking" they must have one coming up soon cause they have a few motions to go thru. The court site I go to only has their trial date on it.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Last edited:
Good morning turaj! I hope you are feeling a bit relieved today ;)

I have been looking to see if any jurors have talked yet... can't find anything! I did see a tweet from Cathy and another reporter from law and crime asking if any want to talk to get in touch... I'm sure other media outlets have done the same.

TBH, I think that it is a "mic drop", and that no jurors need to speak out at this time. Also, too I am concerned if it will open any appeal due to what is said (e.g. expert juror issue I posted prior)

After Chauvin, Minnesota set to prosecute three other officers in Floyd death | WGN-TV

April 20, 2021

MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) — With the conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd on Tuesday, prosecutors will begin turning their attention to making their case against three others who took part in the fatal arrest.

Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane, all of whom were fired and arrested days after Floyd died last May, face charges at a trial on Aug. 23 that they aided and abetted second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter of Floyd.

Aiding and abetting murder is punishable by up to 40 years in prison, although sentencing guidelines can reduce the maximum to 15 years.

The following is a summary of Minnesota prosecutors’ allegations against each of the men, all of whom are free on $750,000 bail:

Does anyone find it odd that the aiding and abetting murder charges have a punishable to 40 years with a reduction to 15 years AND Chauvin committed the murder with a punishable to 40 years but can be reduced to 12.5? I am scratching my head about how the murderer could get less time...

TBH, I think that it is a "mic drop", and that no jurors need to speak out at this time. Also, too I am concerned if it will open any appeal due to what is said (e.g. expert juror issue I posted prior)

I think eventually some will talk though, they always do. I am pretty sure it was @turaj that asked yesterday if anyone finds any links to share them, so that was why I responded to turaj ;)

I believe there is already grounds to appeal, but yes, whatever they say can also be used in an appeal, I hope they are fully aware of that fact. JMO

April 20, 2021

As I have said prior, I do hope that Lane... at the very least, does a plea bargin. MOO. I hope to believe that the State agrees with MANY MANY of us here at WS... that this was tragic as to Lane.(NOT discounting that he participated!). and perhaps another or ??? as to following on HIS.FIRST.FEW.DAYS. on the job. That to me is so very very mitigating, and of course would be mitigating for a sentence for assisting in Chauvin's TOP CHARGE... but I do NOT believe that he should accept going to trial vs. plea as to have aiding and abbeting for Chauvin's top charge.

MOO.

SMDH... although it could indeed happen that he goes to trial for such. I do hope, again, that the state reaches out for a plea.

I've not sat on the other two... Keung and Thoa for such as so focused on Lane and that I do not want him to have such charges upon him as I so much think that there were so many mitigations for him.. that state should really want to do a plea and not go to court with him.

I would like to know what the family thinks about such... we may never hear.

My MOO all above.

An accountant. A social worker. An immigrant. A nonprofit executive. A grandmother. The niece of a police officer. A registered nurse.

The jury that [URL='https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/20/guilty-verdict-chauvin-trial/?itid=lk_inline_manual_3']convicted
former police officer Derek Chauvin on murder and manslaughter charges on Tuesday looked the way we expect juries to look. It was a cross-section of the Minneapolis community in which Chauvin worked and in which his victim, George Floyd, died. Each was summoned for jury duty and responded. None took the easy way out, deploying the hackneyed I’m-too-important-for-jury-duty efforts to be disqualified or sent back home. Each swore an oath: “without respect of persons or favor of any person, you will well and truly try, and true deliverance make, between the state of Minnesota and the defendant, according to law and the evidence given you in court.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/21/chauvin-jurors-deserve-better-than-partisan-armchair-assessments-their-decision/[/URL]

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday night ended an interview with a former New York City corrections officer after the guest criticized former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin for using excessive force when he killed George Floyd.

-snip-

"Let's face it, what we saw in that video was pure savagery," the ex-corrections officer said. "I mean, the documentary evidence shows the police officer putting his knee on the perpetrator's neck while he was rear cuffed and his stomach was on the ground, causing positional asphyxia. I'd like to see more training for police. I'd like to see the police trained as EMTs, like in the Fire Department."

-snip-

"I just think that it was excessive and it shouldn't have happened. One more thing...," he said.

Carlson interrupted for a third time, saying, "Yeah but the guy that did it looks like he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison so I'm kind of more worried about the rest of the country, thanks to police inaction, in case you haven't noticed, is like boarded up. Ahahaha! That's more my concern. But I appreciate it, Gavin, thank you."

"Look, look," Gavin said, as he was cut off screen.

"Nope! Done. Thank you," said Carlson.

'Nope! Done': Tucker Carlson Shuts Down Interview After Guest Said Chauvin Used Excessive Force

There's the holdout the Defense attorney was looking for. On his television the whole time.

Tucker Carlson is slanted but he's not alone. The mainstream media pander to the ideology of their viewers by omitting or emphasizing bits and pieces of details that fit their narrative. I find myself forced to scan multiple sources to get the complete picture including reports on this trial. A huge percentage of people should have viewed Chauvin as guilty but media based polls didn't show that.

Good morning y’all - I was happy with the verdict and today I feel sad about the whole thing! What a needless waste of 2 lives! I feel sick thinking about how they initially reported this as a “medical complication.” A possible cover up! I feel like we have such a long way to go. I don’t trust any of these politicians - I think they’re just using this momentum for self-serving reasons. I feel like this fight has to to be fought on the local level - mainly!

The citizens of Minneapolis did this!!! Bravo!! They kept the pressure on and they still have it on!! That’s what’s needed! They are the true heroes! Including Darnella and all the other bystanders! Bravo!!! We need this kind of determination in all locales.

Before anyone says it - no I’m not advocating rioting!! That should be obvious! I’m advocating protesting!

Anyway, re: sentencing. Cahill is sure to go low but whatever. I’m fine with 12.5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27