CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your input... MOO from here on out.
If Isidro saw Dia that Friday, came up missing the next day, the unofficial search for Dia started on Sunday and KH left Monday... I guess if I was LE, I would be taking dust/dirt samples off the undercarriage of the RV? Or any cell phone tracking if any...
Meaning that possibly Dia was traveled on Monday, or Clems truck was used prior to Monday?...
I hear that Isidiro may be working in the area for another person? MOO speculation...

I was wonder he MOO was and thank you for this.

One thing that keeps going through my mine especially after watching the interview videos of KH is she was report last seen at 2pm, but KH said they had lunch from 2-2:30pm. I cannot find the report about Dia last seen at 2pm. What also doesn't make sense is they are early birds and get up when the sun comes up. Lunch at exactly at 2pm is odd.

Another note is KH said she drive the old Ford truck. That is incorrect as she told me it was the ranch truck and she never drives it. She has a Humvee H2 (I believe) and a Cadillac Escalade in her driveway. I personally seen them. She mainly drove the Escalade.

Her horse were kept at the ranch along with Donkey's, goats, and other animals she had. The other two homes do not have horse corrals or anything for the horses at those locations. In my option that would be a lot of work to drive back and forth to take care of the horses.

Everything that is being said by KH, Dianna and the news is just not adding up based on what Did and I talked about.

Thank you for your input... MOO from here on out.
If Isidro saw Dia that Friday, came up missing the next day, the unofficial search for Dia started on Sunday and KH left Monday... I guess if I was LE, I would be taking dust/dirt samples off the undercarriage of the RV? Or any cell phone tracking if any...
Meaning that possibly Dia was traveled on Monday, or Clems truck was used prior to Monday?...
I hear that Isidiro may be working in the area for another person? MOO speculation...

I was wonder he MOO was and thank you for this.

One thing that keeps going through my mine especially after watching the interview videos of KH is she was report last seen at 2pm, but KH said they had lunch from 2-2:30pm. I cannot find the report about Dia last seen at 2pm. What also doesn't make sense is they are early birds and get up when the sun comes up. Lunch at exactly at 2pm is odd.

Another note is KH said she drive the old Ford truck. That is incorrect as she told me it was the ranch truck and she never drives it. She has a Humvee H2 (I believe) and a Cadillac Escalade in her driveway. I personally seen them. She mainly drove the Escalade.

Her horse were kept at the ranch along with Donkey's, goats, and other animals she had. The other two homes do not have horse corrals or anything for the horses at those locations. In my option that would be a lot of work to drive back and forth to take care of the horses.

Everything that is being said by KH, Dianna and the news is just not adding up based on what Did and I talked about.
Back episodes of Forensic Files niggle me. Arsenic. Isolation. Manipulation.

Hear me out.

It would appear that someone(s) wanted Dia's assets.

How would you do that?

Alienate her from family. Convince her that they were a threat somehow.

It sounds like Dia was frightened, paranoid -- could she have been poisoned over time? Convinced or coerced to sign things she never would otherwise, increasingly more paranoid but unaware of the enemy. Cut off from her children by design, convinced by others that they were out to get her. What if Dia WAS in a confused state? Until she was conveniently disappeared.

I think Dia was engaged to no one. Not at the time, not even close.

I've seen variations on this idea on FF where the Dia is kept "alive" with holiday cards sent as if from the person...

Is it possible her children were trying to PROTECT her assets, fearing that either Dia was slipping mentally or she was being manipulated by others. Perhaps they were concerned someone was taking over her purse strings.

Dia is missing. Dia, it doesn't sound like, was acting as she normally would, during the time prior to her disappearance.... could she have been gradually drugged?

Who benefits from telling a tale about Dia's wishes?

Who benefits from Dia's disappearance?

I think her children are victims....

I think Dia's IDENTITY was stolen right in plain sight. And then, she was disposed of.

We have got to find her voice. Dia dear, what happened to you?

These are just my opinions -- your thoughts?

Very good points. Only person currently who will benefit from her assets is KH. Did was extremely paranoid and had a hard time trusting anyone. She would message me daily about the delivery of her shipping container. She simply told me she has been screwed over many times lately. She was always looking over her shoulder and would get very quiet or change the subject when KH was around.

I also feel her kids are trying to protect her assets. One if Dia is dead then her assets rightfully belong to the children.

Bumping Post 493 from March 9, 2021 to revisit some of what Isidro said. He talks about the vehicles Dia owned. Did you meet Isidro, @mah8336 ? I had to go back to hunt down this post about the vehicles and Dia's fears about the truck. Isidro says the Humvee belonged to KH.

As you know, I've speculated that someone was "gaslighting" Dia. It's possible someone zeroed in on her weaknesses, using her fears and adding to them. However, I'm not sure her children were trying to "protect her" or were concerned for her well being. (MOO, seemed all about the money.) She definitely had a nasty court battle going on with her adult children, IMO. That's what someone else might have used to make her think they sent the "truck demand letter", but maybe it was someone else.

Gaslighting, an elaborate and insidious technique of deception and psychological manipulation, usually practiced by a single deceiver, or “gaslighter,” on a single victim over an extended period.

4) she has a nice Humvee and a Lincoln on her property, where are these vehicles?

Hope you're getting an insider verification, so we can discuss all the things you know from talking with Dia.​

I think the Humvee or Hummer was KH's according to Isidro at the 7:11 mark on the video. KH owed 2 jeeps, the Hummer, and the RV.

Isidro says at 8:03 mark that Dia had a Lexus and the Ford pickup. Dia's Lexus is behind the house, but it's not working.​

It's possible, JMO, she could've had a rental, or a leased vehicle, at one point. (We know that was the old truck of Clem's the adult children wanted, and eventually picked up once Dia was missing.)

Listen at the 8:28 minute mark, it's revealed by Isidro that the children tried to get possession of the truck before Dia disappeared. It seemed she received a letter from them per Isidro. It really scared Dia. :( Isidro thinks that's how KH got Dia to change her paper work, and transferring POA to KH perhaps. (MOO, just speculating here how threatening was that letter, and who actually sent it? Who wanted to scare Dia to change her POA?)

MOO, I just don't understand why Dia would sign over POA to KH as the Primary, and Diana F. as the Secondary. I don't think she knew either of them that long. MOO, I have to say something seems fishy. As they say, (fear) blood in the water draws sharks.

animated-fish-image-0517.gif

BBM & MOO

36581 Tool Box Spring Road, Garner Valley property is/was for sale. The listing describes horse facilities:

"...the property itself- AMAZING- Gorgeous fruit trees and green lawns upon entering into this property- then the exceptional equestrian facilities which include a 5 stall barn with a tack room, 2 feed rooms, office, full shop, and laundry with a 3/4 bath ,and 2 turnout pastures. Additionally there are 6 more pastures and a ton more space should you desire to put in an indoor riding arena. Everything a first class horse operation needs!! There is also a chicken coop."

56 photos here:
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...ings-Rd_Mountain-Center_CA_92561_M10533-25641

Last edited:
@mah8336, I hope you know how much we appreciate you sharing what you experienced as a friend of Dia's. I don't want you to think I doubt your word. It's just confusing that either KH tells what seems like fabrications weaving this engagement and plans to marry Dia, and she's telling you she doesn't even like him. You say she clams up when he's around. Also, I don't know what to make of Isidro and the truck story. Why would Dia say it was a ranch truck, and she didn't drive it? Isidro could be wrong on the vehicles. He thought the Humvee belonged to KH, and you say it belonged to Dia. We have no real definite timeline or even any confirmation that Dia wanted KH on that ranch. It's like he appeared and started taking over. Isidro worked for Dia for 14 yrs. and along comes KH treating Isidro like a slave. This is all MOO and attempt to understand what was going on.
This would make sense. KH had her going to the horses in another location.
In my option that would be a lot of work to drive back and forth to take care of the horses.
I think KH even suggested she'd walk to the horses. So much hasn't made sense. From what you say, Dia was very on edge and not seeming to trust KH, but she signed those papers naming him. For many months, KH was one of our only sources for the details in this case, and I personally don't believe him or trust him. Again, just my own opinion.

@mah8336, I hope you know how much we appreciate you sharing what you experienced as a friend of Dia's. I don't want you to think I doubt your word. It's just confusing that either KH tells what seems like fabrications weaving this engagement and plans to marry Dia, and she's telling you she doesn't even like him. You say she clams up when he's around. Also, I don't know what to make of Isidro and the truck story. Why would Dia say it was a ranch truck, and she didn't drive it? Isidro could be wrong on the vehicles. He thought the Humvee belonged to KH, and you say it belonged to Dia. We have no real definite timeline or even any confirmation that Dia wanted KH on that ranch. It's like he appeared and started taking over. Isidro worked for Dia for 14 yrs. and along comes KH treating Isidro like a slave. This is all MOO and attempt to understand what was going on.

This would make sense. KH had her going to the horses in another location.
I think KH even suggested she'd walk to the horses. So much hasn't made sense. From what you say, Dia was very on edge and not seeming to trust KH, but she signed those papers naming him. For many months, KH was one of our only sources for the details in this case, and I personally don't believe him or trust him. Again, just my own opinion.

None of it is making any sense to me. When watching KH interview you can see when he is lying. Every time he lies he does a hard blink with his eyes.

There horses are walking distance, like 50 to 100 yards from the main house and not 7 miles away like he claimed.

The truck was hers, but she rarely drove it. If she did it was to get hey, but I believe hey was delivered to her. If you look at her property (all 3 locations) there is no place for horses. Only place for horses was the main ranch.

The cbs8 article says there were two horses at what I presume what we’ve been calling the Garner Valley ranch:

“[Isidro]Garcia, 58, recalled riding horses with Abrams’ and looking after her animals, which included three donkeys and a miniature horse at the Bonita Vista Ranch, and two horses located at a smaller ranch in nearby Garner Valley.”
Fiancé of missing woman takes over as trustee of ranch near Idyllwild | cbs8.com

Thoughts running through my mind:

I wonder what it was it about the truck that made it such a big deal worth fighting mightily over between Dia and her kids? Especially if she hardly drove it.

I wonder why Dia allowed KH to remain her groundskeeper if she didn’t like him and how he treated IG, her longtime trusted ranch hand?

Poor Dia. It feels like her life was full of unresolved matters and uncertainty. And that’s not a good situation to be in. She’s my age, so if I imagine myself in her position—well, I can’t, really—I’m not wealthy, and I have loving family I can trust, but I imagine she must have felt so stressed, every day, with all these things weighing on her. :(

Last edited:
In the interview with DF, she states at 08:52,”I’ve continuously worked with the Police Dept. I’ve worked with the private investigators on this case. To give them every single access or information that I possibly can to help find her.” (Bolded by me)
Where is Dia Abrams? News 8 interviews a trustee to her estate | cbs8.com

So, who hired private investigators, do you suppose? Dia’s kids? What of the drone search in the Grand Wash Cliffs area (AZ)—-who ordered that? The PI?

In the interview with DF, she states at 08:52,”I’ve continuously worked with the Police Dept. I’ve worked with the private investigators on this case. To give them every single access or information that I possibly can to help find her.” (Bolded by me)
Where is Dia Abrams? News 8 interviews a trustee to her estate | cbs8.com

So, who hired private investigators, do you suppose? Dia’s kids? What of the drone search in the Grand Wash Cliffs area (AZ)—-who ordered that? The PI?

From the sounds of this article (Search continues for Dia Abrams, woman missing from Idyllwild, CA | cbs8.com), the drone search was done by News 8 investigative reporting.

BBM
“We spent two days searching the plateau above the Grand Wash Cliffs, looking for loose dirt, clothing or human bones along miles of high-desert roads and in dry creek beds.

News 8’s effort failed to uncover any human remains. The search team left Meadview, Arizona still asking, “Where is Dia Abrams?””

Also- I don’t think I’d read the entirety of the above article before... LOTS of background info on KH.

Welcome to Websleuths, mah8336! I am sorry your friend Dia is missing. Thank you for helping us understand her better. She seems like a lovely woman, with a generous heart. That alone should have earned her a happy life, IMO.

You said you (or your company) delivered a container to Dia. Was this a shipping container? Do you know what she intended to use it for? Where was it delivered? When?

One more question, if you don't mind. Did you notice a change in Dia, over time? Did her paranoia seem, well, paranoid, or did it seem to be a reasonable response to events in her life? Gosh, that's three questions. I'll stop.

I agree that things look fishy. If someone harmed Dia, or her estate, I hope justice is swift and sure.

Back episodes of Forensic Files niggle me. Arsenic. Isolation. Manipulation.

Hear me out.

It would appear that someone(s) wanted Dia's assets.

How would you do that?

Alienate her from family. Convince her that they were a threat somehow.

It sounds like Dia was frightened, paranoid -- could she have been poisoned over time? Convinced or coerced to sign things she never would otherwise, increasingly more paranoid but unaware of the enemy. Cut off from her children by design, convinced by others that they were out to get her. What if Dia WAS in a confused state? Until she was conveniently disappeared.

I think Dia was engaged to no one. Not at the time, not even close.

I've seen variations on this idea on FF where the Dia is kept "alive" with holiday cards sent as if from the person...

Is it possible her children were trying to PROTECT her assets, fearing that either Dia was slipping mentally or she was being manipulated by others. Perhaps they were concerned someone was taking over her purse strings.

Dia is missing. Dia, it doesn't sound like, was acting as she normally would, during the time prior to her disappearance.... could she have been gradually drugged?

Who benefits from telling a tale about Dia's wishes?

Who benefits from Dia's disappearance?

I think her children are victims....

I think Dia's IDENTITY was stolen right in plain sight. And then, she was disposed of.

We have got to find her voice. Dia dear, what happened to you?

These are just my opinions -- your thoughts?
This. This is a great post. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for chipping in here...

MAH8336.. .
I am rolling things around in my head...
Early risers and 2 PM lunch...
Main House property line of the 7th Day Adventist in the middle of the place

Most importantly...She pointed a gun out of being perhaps hyper vigilant and on edge.

If she obviously pointed a gun at you means that she was packing pretty much 24/7?

Would that also imply that if there was an abduction, (Dia being armed most of the time)
that it was somone she trusted due to a lack of a struggle or shots fired... maybe there are bullets in a wall somewhere overlooked...
Which would also be very hard to prove they are tied to a incident? All MOO by the way.
I'm praying for truth to be revealed...
Praying for guilt to be super intense beyond comprehension, unbearable even...
I'm sure that peeps involved read this Forum..
More MOO...

MOO, Was the container for shipping her antique business?
MOO, Was it there was more than one PI working on the case?
MOO, MAH8336 are you sure it was a Hummer? Did you ride in the vehicle?
MOO, MAH8336 at some point did you have more than a business relationship with DIA?
MOO, The one question I have not heard an answer to is when did someone besides KH see DIA in person.

None of it is making any sense to me. When watching KH interview you can see when he is lying. Every time he lies he does a hard blink with his eyes.

There horses are walking distance, like 50 to 100 yards from the main house and not 7 miles away like he claimed.

The truck was hers, but she rarely drove it. If she did it was to get hey, but I believe hey was delivered to her. If you look at her property (all 3 locations) there is no place for horses. Only place for horses was the main ranch.

It is very strange that KH would elude to her walking down to the horses if talking about the Garner Valley property. I've been to the gates of the Ranch and looked on the map as to where the garner property is. If he is claiming she walked there I don't believe a word of it. The main ranch/house is a very long way up a mostly deserted road. It's way back there! There is no way she walked to Garner Valley. No one would! So I must have read that wrong or something.
I am still of a belief that she was gone prior to being reported by KH. It is so secluded back there that he could have taken her to another state and come back undetected. I heard him talk about law enforcement but if he was an officer it would have to be before his own arrests that are on his record. He strikes me as dumb like a fox. He would know that no body no crime....even though he has spoken of her in past tense since early on...

Last edited:
Were there any witnesses to these papers she purportedly signed? I smell only coercion or forgery.

When was the last truly confirmed sighting of her?

No accident, this reads like a plot.

JMO

snipped:
It is very strange that KH would elude to her walking down to the horses if talking about the Garner Valley property. I've been to the gates of the Ranch and looked on the map as to where the garner property is. If he is claiming she walked there I don't believe a word of it.

KH in his interview, said it this way:
Interviewer: What items did—were left behind?
KH: She leaves her purse on the counter.
She talks about going down and reining the horses—she does that all the time. She usually leaves at about 5 o’clock. She gets back at about, oh, probably, 7:30, quarter to 8.
Interviewer: To go down to Garner Valley?
KH: Yes.

So, to stay accurate, KH did not specify how she would get to Garner Valley. You’re right, it’s rather far away—like 7 miles. (btw, his answer was strange, IMO, for the question which was posed to him: “What items did she leave behind?” unless the video was edited weirdly.)

Snipped:
Were there any witnesses to these papers she purportedly signed?
JMO

Her attorney, who drew up the Trust, also notarized it, so that would mean he witnessed and verified that it was Dia who signed it. https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/HarperPetitionTrustExhibit.pdf

I wonder if anyone has knowledge of the operation of cameras at the ranch in the days prior to Dia missing

It is very strange that KH would elude to her walking down to the horses if talking about the Garner Valley property. I've been to the gates of the Ranch and looked on the map as to where the garner property is. If he is claiming she walked there I don't believe a word of it. The main ranch/house is a very long way up a mostly deserted road. It's way back there! There is no way she walked to Garner Valley. No one would! So I must have read that wrong or something.
I am still of a belief that she was gone prior to being reported by KH. It is so secluded back there that he could have taken her to another state and come back undetected. I heard him talk about law enforcement but if he was an officer it would have to be before his own arrests that are on his record. He strikes me as dumb like a fox. He would know that no body no crime....even though he has spoken of her in past tense since early on...

MOO, Who saw Dia in person between the day the papers were signed and the day KH reported her missing.
MOO, If KH was giving orders to Isidro at the time. KH could have kept Isidro working on the lower properties away from the main ranch thus Isidro away from knowing Dia was not present.
MOO, Where was DF at in the time frame between the paper signing and KH reporting Dia's disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88