Found Deceased MT - Mildred Alexis Oldcrow, 7, Lodge Grass, March 2019 *arrests*

FEB 20, 2021
Body found on Crow Reservation believed to be little girl missing for nearly 2 years – Crime Online
[...]

Tribal Chairman Frank White Clay reported Thursday that the body discovered was that of Mildred Old Crow. While the Big Horn Sheriff’s Office said the evidence “strongly suggests” the identity is Mildred Old Crow, they said they are awaiting results of a DNA test to confirm.

“My hope is that we can find closure, grieve together and work to ensure that children are protected and supported on the Crow Reservation and beyond. We want justice for this child and for all of the victims of the epidemic of people missing from reservations across the country,” White Clay said.

[...]

Wait a sec.... if she has been missing for 2 years, (ugh, I hate typing this) wouldn't she be unrecognizable visually? Or were they safely assuming, prior to officially stating it was her, due to something else? Someone said where she could be found? The location found can be easily connected to Millie? This is so sad.

Side note: a few pages back, someone was talking about the picture where something appears to be wrong with Millie's leg. I see what you noted. I wonder if she had a broken leg at some point. One leg appears longer than the other and it reminded me of the way my hubby stands. Hips lower on one side, from when he was run over by a vehicle at 6 years old and his leg was broken and is now slightly shorter than the other. Could be nothing, but could also be signs of abuse... add in her small stature... hinky meter is pegged out. Jmo

Wait a sec.... if she has been missing for 2 years, (ugh, I hate typing this) wouldn't she be unrecognizable visually? Or were they safely assuming, prior to officially stating it was her, due to something else? Someone said where she could be found? The location found can be easily connected to Millie? This is so sad.

Side note: a few pages back, someone was talking about the picture where something appears to be wrong with Millie's leg. I see what you noted. I wonder if she had a broken leg at some point. One leg appears longer than the other and it reminded me of the way my hubby stands. Hips lower on one side, from when he was run over by a vehicle at 6 years old and his leg was broken and is now slightly shorter than the other. Could be nothing, but could also be signs of abuse... add in her small stature... hinky meter is pegged out. Jmo
I think it was on one of her missing posters that she may be injured...
The MEPA issued in November stated she could have possible physical injury.
https://www.ktvq.com/two-women-investigated-for-disappearance-of-missing-girl-from-crow-reservation

Someone on FB made a montage memorial video of Mildred. Different pictures we haven't seen and a few short clips of her. Just remove the spaces if you want to watch. I can't embed the video for some reason :rolleyes:

https: //www. facebook.com/ 100000353441471/ videos/ 3862494193772324/

Someone on FB made a montage memorial video of Mildred. Different pictures we haven't seen and a few short clips of her. Just remove the spaces if you want to watch. I can't embed the video for some reason :rolleyes:

https: //www. facebook.com/ 100000353441471/ videos/ 3862494193772324/

baby girl loved music and dancing. what in the world. she looked like a happy, healthy, cared for baby. note that she was younger in the montage. fly high little angel :(

FEB 22, 2021
Candle light vigil honors Mildred "Milly" Old Crow | News | kulr8.com
[...]

Someone who attended the vigil said the event was also attended by Crow Tribal Chairman Frank White Clay, Mayor of Lodge Grass Quincy Dabney and Speaker of the House Thomas Yellowtail.

[...]

A Crow Spiritual Hymn was sung by the Black Whistle Singers and Mildred's uncles, followed by the lighting of the candles to honor Mildred.

Pink and purple balloons were released in Mildred's memory as well.

To close, a prayer was spoken in the traditional Crow language by nine-year-old TGV.

[...]

APR 13, 2021
Women convicted in Crow Tribal Court in connection with missing child case (ktvq.com)
[...]

Crow Tribal Prosecutor David Sibley said Tuesday that Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow, both 34, were tried and sentenced Monday in the case of Mildred Old Crow.

Sibley said both women were found guilty of endangering the welfare of a child and custodial interference, and both were sentenced to 18 months in jail and fined $2,000.

[...]

Big Horn County Attorney Jay Harris said Tuesday the matter remains under investigation when asked if his office was considering charges against the women.

Harris said he does plan to review the tribal courtroom testimony from Monday’s trial. It was also not immediately clear if the women face possible federal charges.

APR 13, 2021
Women convicted in Crow Tribal Court in connection with missing child case (ktvq.com)
[...]

Crow Tribal Prosecutor David Sibley said Tuesday that Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow, both 34, were tried and sentenced Monday in the case of Mildred Old Crow.

Sibley said both women were found guilty of endangering the welfare of a child and custodial interference, and both were sentenced to 18 months in jail and fined $2,000.

[...]

Big Horn County Attorney Jay Harris said Tuesday the matter remains under investigation when asked if his office was considering charges against the women.

Harris said he does plan to review the tribal courtroom testimony from Monday’s trial. It was also not immediately clear if the women face possible federal charges.

that's IT?

APR 13, 2021
[...]

[...]

WTH!!! 18 months and a fine??? No mention of when or how poor little Mildred died?? I'm flabbergasted!! Did I miss something??

Is it possible they just have not been charged yet and the sentence was for a previous issue? The article linked above says they were fugitives when arrested, so in my mind they were already wanted for something. Perhaps the 18 months and $2000 is for that. Later in the article it says the matter remains under investigation and someone asked if charges could be coming. That led me to think the 18 months and fine were for something else. Perhaps I am misreading the article.

Is it possible they just have not been charged yet and the sentence was for a previous issue? The article linked above says they were fugitives when arrested, so in my mind they were already wanted for something. Perhaps the 18 months and $2000 is for that. Later in the article it says the matter remains under investigation and someone asked if charges could be coming. That led me to think the 18 months and fine were for something else. Perhaps I am misreading the article.
Yes, it is possible there will be more charges. Per the article, they were arrested as fugitives in Billings on Dec. 23, 2020 on warrants issued a week before for failure to produce Mildred or proof of life. They've now been convicted and sentenced for those charges which were endangering the welfare of a child and custodial interference. Hopefully, there is more to come. MOO

I think it was on one of her missing posters that she may be injured...
The MEPA issued in November stated she could have possible physical injury.
https://www.ktvq.com/two-women-investigated-for-disappearance-of-missing-girl-from-crow-reservation

“The Bureau of Indian Affairs and Federal Bureau of Investigation are attempting to locate Mildred Alexis Old Crow. Mildred also goes by Millie. She is an eight year old female, brown hair and brown eyes, date of birth May 3rd, 2012. Mildred is considered small stature for her age. It is possible that Mildred has physical injuries. Law Enforcement has been unable to confirm the whereabouts and well being of Mildred. If you have any information please contact Crow BIA Law Enforcement Agency at 406 638 2631 or the FBI at 801 579 1400 option 2”

https://www.ktvq.com/news/crime-wat...p-locating-child-from-crow-indian-reservation

Child last seen in March 2019
Nov. 25, 2020

I'm just happy to see a tribal court at least managing to secure a conviction on something parallel to what we come to expect from US courts. It's a shame that there need to be a dead little girl to set those wheels in motion but perhaps just maybe they will go on turning - and not just in this one case or even in just this one tribe.

Yes, it is possible there will be more charges. Per the article, they were arrested as fugitives in Billings on Dec. 23, 2020 on warrants issued a week before for failure to produce Mildred or proof of life. They've now been convicted and sentenced for those charges which were endangering the welfare of a child and custodial interference. Hopefully, there is more to come. MOO

That is exactly how I interpreted it as well.

Oh no :( 18 months. There is so much we don't know about this. Why a baby ended up dead and there is no justice

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back