Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123
Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Theorizing based on some known fact sourced from MSM or LE is fine, but there is no known fact to substantiate speculation about catfishing. Please move on from that discussion.

Also, a few reminders from TOS:

It is WS preferred policy to use initials only for anyone other than victims or perps.

If you have questions about rules or moderation, please do not ask them on the thread. Just private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Rumors are not allowed. If you can't link information to Websleuths approved sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

Before you post something make sure what you are stating is FACT as we know it from MSM, LE or another approved Websleuths source.

Sleuthing or discussing RSOs just because they are on the registry is not allowed. A thread specific exception may be made by Tricia or an Admin depending on geographical location in relation a crime.

Photo alterations or side-by-side comparisons are not allowed.

Please continue discussion here.

Last edited:
Did Libby actually have a pocket though? She had sweats on which usually do not feature pockets. Perhaps she tucked the phone in the waist band of the sweats and it fell out, which may be how she became separated from it.
Every night I pray this monster is caught!
MOO

I have sweat shirts with pockets. If they do not have pockets, I would usually keep my phone up my sleeve. Just inside past/behind the elastic cuff at the wrist that these shirts usually have. It does not Fall out and you still have it very close by if someone text you or calls. For both iPhone 4 and 6, even 8, they fit nicely. The 12 I have now is a little Big for that.
Maybe that is what Libby did, just slipped the phone up her sleeve unnoticable, the phone still recording. If she lost her sweatshirt as part of the later events, the phone might have fallen out and maybe the perp did not notice that.

Last edited:
Did Libby actually have a pocket though? She had sweats on which usually do not feature pockets. Perhaps she tucked the phone in the waist band of the sweats and it fell out, which may be how she became separated from it.
Every night I pray this monster is caught!
MOO

If I remember right, in an interview early on, BP was asked if Libby’s outfit that day had pockets that she could have put her phone in, and she replied “yes”.

I have sweat shirts with pockets. If they do not have pockets, I would usually keep my phone up my sleeve. Just inside past/behind the elastic cuff at the wrist that these shirts usually have. It does not Fall out and you still have it very close by if someone text you or calls. For both iPhone 4 and 6, even 8, they fit nicely. The 12 I have now is a little Big for that.
Maybe that is what Libby did, just slipped the phone up her sleeve unnoticable, the phone still recording. If she lost her sweatshirt as part of the later events, the phone might have fallen out and maybe the perp did not notice that.

Agreed. I have sweatpants with fairly deep front pockets, and many hoodie-style sweatshirts and jackets have either hip pockets or a kangaroo pocket.

I'd be surprised if either of these girls went on a nature walk on that bridge and the surrounding unpaved trails in clothes that did not have pockets cable of holding a few essential items. On such a walk there's always the possibility of encountering terrain or an obstacle where you'd want the use of both hands – and you wouldn't want them limited by having to keep hold on a valuable phone. Libby by all accounts was a practical-minded girl who probably would have considered that mobility factor when dressing for the outing.

The recording of BG's voice has a lot of white noise behind it which can't be removed. I know from experience that if you insert a gap of total silence between "guys" and "down the hill", the sudden break in the white noise would sound unnatural and distracting, and draw attention to the fact that the two phrases are cut from different moments in the recording. People would focus even more on "what they were trying to hide". Leaving a second or two of background noise between the phrases makes the audio sound smoother.

The noise is probably just the sound of wind or Libby's pocket brushing against the phone's microphone and they didn't expect people would overanalyse it. I mean, obviously LE can tell it's not the girls' voices because they can hear their voices on other parts of the recording, they know what they sound like. Unfortunately some people hear everything from screams to whispers to shattering glass in the noise...pattern recognition is a powerful thing! But it doesn't matter too much as long as we mostly focus on BG's voice.

I'm not trying to overanalyze anything, snowgoose, I am only reporting the awful noise that I personally hear between "guys" and then "down the hill." Whatever LE chose to do to hide those seconds was an awful choice, because in my opinion it only made it stand out all the more. Some people hear different things is correct.. because that noise between "guys" and then "down the hill" indeed exists. Perhaps what LE was trying to hide isn't of all that importance, but in my opinion it HAS made a difference by making some of us wonder WHY was ANY sound deliberately put in there if there was actually nothing to hide. I'm not one that sees a dog or a goat hanging out of the monster's jacket or vehicles under the bridge.. but I definitely hear a sound of something like shattering glass. JMO

I'm not trying to overanalyze anything, snowgoose, I am only reporting the awful noise that I personally hear between "guys" and then "down the hill." Whatever LE chose to do to hide those seconds was an awful choice, because in my opinion it only made it stand out all the more. Some people hear different things is correct.. because that noise between "guys" and then "down the hill" indeed exists. Perhaps what LE was trying to hide isn't of all that importance, but in my opinion it HAS made a difference by making some of us wonder WHY was ANY sound deliberately put in there if there was actually nothing to hide. I'm not one that sees a dog or a goat hanging out of the monster's jacket or vehicles under the bridge.. but I definitely hear a sound of something like shattering glass. JMO

The in between "guys" and "down the hill" sounds to me like Libby is yelling, "I said no". Possibly another word(or name?) before the " I said no".

Agreed. I have sweatpants with fairly deep front pockets, and many hoodie-style sweatshirts and jackets have either hip pockets or a kangaroo pocket.

I'd be surprised if either of these girls went on a nature walk on that bridge and the surrounding unpaved trails in clothes that did not have pockets cable of holding a few essential items. On such a walk there's always the possibility of encountering terrain or an obstacle where you'd want the use of both hands – and you wouldn't want them limited by having to keep hold on a valuable phone. Libby by all accounts was a practical-minded girl who probably would have considered that mobility factor when dressing for the outing.
I don’t think that much thought went into what A&L was wearing that day. I remember Kelsi stating in DTH podcast that she was the one urging the girls to take sweatshirts with them, when they were in the car. And it sounded to me that both girls were wearing Kelsis sweatshirts because they did not consider to bring their own.

I have always heard the noise between G and DTH as some noise that LE deliberately added for some reason. So what sounds like shattered glass or any of the other sounds people describes, I consider to be the noise that has been added. I dont hear anything other than the noise. I do agree that the noise is very distracting, to me is one of the things that makes it scary to listen to. I dont think his voice is scary to listen to and if it wasn’t because I know what happened, I would never guess that this is a perp abducting or about to abduct two girls.
I would Think that whoever made that sound clip and added the noise for some reason that LE only knows, was highly professional and it has been done such that no one is able to hear what LE does not want us to hear.

I have always heard the noise between G and DTH as some noise that LE deliberately added for some reason. So what sounds like shattered glass or any of the other sounds people describes, I consider to be the noise that has been added. I dont hear anything other than the noise. I do agree that the noise is very distracting, to me is one of the things that makes it scary to listen to. I dont think his voice is scary to listen to and if it wasn’t because I know what happened, I would never guess that this is a perp abducting or about to abduct two girls.
I would Think that whoever made that sound clip and added the noise for some reason that LE only knows, was highly professional and it has been done such that no one is able to hear what LE does not want us to hear.

Well said, Ekliptika.. I couldn't agree more. :)

Either thats the real noise, OR it was added.
Silence was an option.
Why is there a noise like that left on the recording?

tru
but
Libby’s sister said Abby was a hero for not leaving her sister (not a direct quote) on the Down the Hill podcast

THIS FOR ME SHOWS THE LIBBY WAS THE MAIN TARGET..
It could have to do with Abby voicing that she/they should leave the spot they were? Her Mom says Abby wanted to move on away and Libby said in response that they couldn't because the trail ended there.

So maybe Kelsei was thinking along those lines...Abby wanting to leave in the seconds before BG got to them but she stayed? Just a thought.

I've always heard the distorted (I'd guess on purpose by LE) responses of the girls being confronted by a weapon. "Guys" was to make them both make eye contact (one or both could have been shyly looking away from him) . After initial screams, in the pause, the killer said "down the hill". AJMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

ADMIN Reminder:
Unless/until LE publicly state there is a connection between this case and any other we CANNOT discuss that possibility on this thread OR the other one. The only place you may discuss that possibility is in Private Messages/Conversations.

THANK YOU for upholding the intentionally high standards of Websleuths. Your participation and efforts are appreciated.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:
I've always heard the distorted (I'd guess on purpose by LE) responses of the girls being confronted by a weapon. "Guys" was to make them both make eye contact (one or both could have been shyly looking away from him) . After initial screams, in the pause, the killer said "down the hill". AJMO

The question of what the girls say and what the man says in the gap between "guys" and "down the hill" was extensively discussed in the previous thread and I can see that the idea that the girls were screaming or in some way responding to him is ramping up in replies in this current thread again.

Of course no one here has heard the full unedited version of the audio, however one person who has, Abby's mom, has told us what she heard when she listened. This is from about 20 minutes into the Jason Hebert interview with her:

Interviewer: So they released first the “down the hill” and then the “guys.” I’ve heard some people saying it was altogether one sentence, I’ve heard people saying it wasn’t, what do we know? Because I’ve heard all different things, I want to hear it from you.

AW: There is less than a 3 second gap in Guys down the hill…. There’s not long minutes of pause, there is seconds of pause.

Interviewer: Could the girls have been responding and they muted it out?

AW: I don’t think it was that. Rude as it sounds, it was the typical teenager, “Huh? What? Hm?” There's a brief half second pause…

I understand that this is a forum for speculation but here we have a primary and credible source telling us exactly what happened in the unedited gap - a teenage thing, a "huh?" Or "what?" in response to "Guys". I don't understand why AW is not believed on this point or why people disregard it in favor of more dramatic ideas (that there is no evidence for).

We beg for more info but when someone as close to the case as a victim's mom gives it to us we say "No, I actually think it happened this other way."

I’ll add that IMO LE left the clip intact but edited/blurred out anything between “guys” and “DTH” so that the public would hear it as one recording. If they make them separate or even just put silence between the words spoken by BG, then IMO people would run wild with speculation that it is two different people/voices. They edited out anything from the girls IMO simply bc they want the focus solely on the male’s voice and that they are the same person.

I’ll add that IMO LE left the clip intact but edited/blurred out anything between “guys” and “DTH” so that the public would hear it as one recording. If they make them separate or even just put silence between the words spoken by BG, then IMO people would run wild with speculation that it is two different people/voices. They edited out anything from the girls IMO simply bc they want the focus solely on the male’s voice and that they are the same person.

Exactly this. In the same interview I quoted just a post above, AW further explains that LE told her when they put out the edited clip of "guys...down the hill" they do not want the public focusing on anything the girls say (which AW just told us was "huh? What?") because it is irrelevant to recognizing his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88