UID Victim: Toddler's Mother, Peaches, found Hempstead Lake State Park June 1997 #4

I don’t know where to put this. I get so confused down here. I’ll just post and cross my fingers it’s relevant.

It's been more than a decade since the bodies of various young women started to pile up around Long Island's Gilgo Beach in New York.
upload_2021-3-2_9-5-54.jpeg

Since then, little has been discovered about the person responsible for the 10-plus slayings, and suspects have never been identified.

In some cases, the killer taunted the victim's family and friends, but remained elusive. Recently, photographs were released of a black leather belt found at one of the dump locations -- police say this item likely belonged to the murderer. The belt is imprinted with the letters "WH" or "HM" — possibly the suspect's initials.

On March 9, Discovery+ will begin streaming a two-hour special, Unraveled: The Long Island Serial Killer, exploring why the case remains unsolved. (An exclusive clip is above.)

The hosts, investigative journalists Alexis Linkletter and Billy Jensen -- both Long Island natives -- shed light on the tight-knit community, as well as alleged corruption in the county where the bodies were found.

Linkletter and Jensen also interview witnesses who have never spoken out publicly before.

The investigation into the Gilgo Beach murders, dubbed the "Long Island Serial Killer" case, began December 2010 when authorities began unearthing women's remains. Authorities eventually discovered 10 sets of remains (or partial remains) oat Gilgo Beach. So far, they have identified the remains of six victims: Melissa Barthelemy, Amber Costello, Megan Waterman, Maureen Brainard-Barnes, Jessica Taylor and Valerie Mack.
New Discovery+ Series Tackles Decade-Old Long Island Serial Murders

There is a another victim have the same fashion as peaches and her name is Jacqueline ashley smith she's 16 years old she was reported missing in August 1999 and they found her torso back in 2000 not to far where sugar bear torso was found, her head, limbs and hand are not found

Hello, I am brand new here to Websleuths and am very green when it comes to sleuthing in general. My girlfriend recently got me interested using this case and I have a couple of questions about the peach tattoo. I tried to read through as much so I could to not ask repeat questions or give repeat opinions but there is a ton of information of this case and I am sure my questions have been asked before somewhere.

The picture of the peach tattoo is shown right side up but does anyone know the orientation of the tattoo to the rest of the torso? Maybe even the location on the breast; i.e., top or bottom? To me the tattoo looks inverted to the torso.

If it is inverted then the lettering on the leaf looks like numbers to me. 91. Maybe signifying a year for a special occasion. Makes me think of a birth, death, anniversary, or graduation. Trying to narrow it down to one idea, I would eliminate a death first because I would assume it would have RIP in the other leaf. Next I would take out anniversary because I do not see it having any other number and an anniversary is usually remembered more specifically like 02/02/91. I see a small possibility that it could be a birth year, but like the anniversary I would imagine it would have a full date. So graduation or something else important signified by the year 1991. Graduation also fits into the timeline of her approximately given age at the time of death in 1997.

The black for the bite in the peach looks like it say Peaches or Peachy. I think I can cleary see the eace in the middle but I could be off a little and I have no guess as to the starting letter/s or ending letter/s. Sticking with the graduation theory it might have been her name growing up or during high school. Georgia is a possibility too or I would imagine there are 100's of school with a peach in there name or town. If it does say peach, peaches, or peachy then maybe browsing 1991 yearbooks inn Georgia and other peach sounding schools.

There are also numerous peach music and other festivals that could also be signified by the year 1991.

Wild opinion reach:
If she graduated from high school in 1991, then it is possible that she was not reported missing because nobody knew she was gone. Some people after high school leave home and lose touch with everyone from home, especially pre-Facebook. If she did not have any connections to home then she may only have a connection to her life where she lived after. I have seen the theory widely speculated she could have been a girlfriend or wife of LISK, which I do believe is a possibility. LISK does not seem low income or in need of his wife or girlfriend to work so it is entirely possible she was just a housewife and the only person that would have noticed her missing is LISK.

If she wasn't reported missing then another way to find her could be birth records. I believe it said somewhere she has a c-section scar which would mean the toddler was for sure born in a hospital somewhere. If she is possibly the wife or girlfried of LISK maybe just the hospitals on Long Island. If the 91 is a birth year then 91 hospital records. I have no idea if it is even fathomable to find her that way. One other idea is arrest records. Not sure how far back they go online but from 91-97 is a decent range to start maybe.

I am starting to ramble sorry

Hello, I am brand new here to Websleuths and am very green when it comes to sleuthing in general. My girlfriend recently got me interested using this case and I have a couple of questions about the peach tattoo. I tried to read through as much so I could to not ask repeat questions or give repeat opinions but there is a ton of information of this case and I am sure my questions have been asked before somewhere.

The picture of the peach tattoo is shown right side up but does anyone know the orientation of the tattoo to the rest of the torso? Maybe even the location on the breast; i.e., top or bottom? To me the tattoo looks inverted to the torso.

If it is inverted then the lettering on the leaf looks like numbers to me. 91. Maybe signifying a year for a special occasion. Makes me think of a birth, death, anniversary, or graduation. Trying to narrow it down to one idea, I would eliminate a death first because I would assume it would have RIP in the other leaf. Next I would take out anniversary because I do not see it having any other number and an anniversary is usually remembered more specifically like 02/02/91. I see a small possibility that it could be a birth year, but like the anniversary I would imagine it would have a full date. So graduation or something else important signified by the year 1991. Graduation also fits into the timeline of her approximately given age at the time of death in 1997.

The black for the bite in the peach looks like it say Peaches or Peachy. I think I can cleary see the eace in the middle but I could be off a little and I have no guess as to the starting letter/s or ending letter/s. Sticking with the graduation theory it might have been her name growing up or during high school. Georgia is a possibility too or I would imagine there are 100's of school with a peach in there name or town. If it does say peach, peaches, or peachy then maybe browsing 1991 yearbooks inn Georgia and other peach sounding schools.

There are also numerous peach music and other festivals that could also be signified by the year 1991.

Wild opinion reach:
If she graduated from high school in 1991, then it is possible that she was not reported missing because nobody knew she was gone. Some people after high school leave home and lose touch with everyone from home, especially pre-Facebook. If she did not have any connections to home then she may only have a connection to her life where she lived after. I have seen the theory widely speculated she could have been a girlfriend or wife of LISK, which I do believe is a possibility. LISK does not seem low income or in need of his wife or girlfriend to work so it is entirely possible she was just a housewife and the only person that would have noticed her missing is LISK.

If she wasn't reported missing then another way to find her could be birth records. I believe it said somewhere she has a c-section scar which would mean the toddler was for sure born in a hospital somewhere. If she is possibly the wife or girlfried of LISK maybe just the hospitals on Long Island. If the 91 is a birth year then 91 hospital records. I have no idea if it is even fathomable to find her that way. One other idea is arrest records. Not sure how far back they go online but from 91-97 is a decent range to start maybe.

I am starting to ramble sorry
I was intrigued so I inverted the picture and lighted it up. I honestly think the inverted placement of the tattoo is the proper way. Take a look and see, but I now see OJ.

Attachments

• 20210422_080440.jpg
    20210422_080440.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 90
I was intrigued so I inverted the picture and lighted it up. I honestly think the inverted placement of the tattoo is the proper way. Take a look and see, but I now see OJ.

I see that it could work that way as well, but I was meaning inverted on the y axis so flipped upside down. I think I adjusted the photo ok.

Attachments

• peaches (4).jpg
    peaches (4).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 66
I'm sure this has been brought up.

Years back, a tattoo artist came forward as doing the tattoo for Peaches doe, he stated she was originally from New York, but had stayed in Connecticut due to issues with her boyfriend.

In the podcast, Maureens friend Sarah stated she had a call from a Connecticut number two weeks after Maureen went missing. The call was odd because he was able to describe Maureen almost perfectly, and he had lied about Maureens disappearance stating she was at a *advertiser censored* house when in fact she was deceased. Also let's not forget the ferry that goes from Long Island to Connecticut...

I guess I'm wondering has anyone ever addressed the connections to Connecticut? Or am I late on this train lol

(Also posted on other thread)
Great posts, with that said...I for one was skeptical on Sarah's interview (I can't remember what doc it was). Something in her body language was off. IMHO.

Thinking that if this tat had been a coverup the artist would have mentioned that, but with the possible letters/numbers being so hard to see maybe that's why it looks the way it does.

Great posts, with that said...I for one was skeptical on Sarah's interview (I can't remember what doc it was). Something in her body language was off. IMHO.

the phrase “crocodile tears” comes to mind

18K Yellow Gold Omega Bracelet | eBay

Is this the same bracelet Peaches had?
On picture 3/4 the bracelet has the same faint lines found on the UID bracelet.

This is also another option. eBlueJay: Aurafin Italian Omega Style 14K Yellow gold Bracelet
but it seems wider for a man? I wonder if there was a womans version of this bracelet. Also, the description states this bracelet which is very similar to Peaches was an 80's vintage item.

Just to note, these bracelets have a similar clasp as the other unknown bracelet which to mean means they could be both OMEGA bracelets.

Last edited:
So in the one enhanced tattoo image, it looks like a “zip code” is in the leaf:

which IS a zip code for: Newell, NC a small town outside of Charlotte, NC (borders Rockhill SC).

Makes sense as a “southern peach” being in North Carolina.

I think the zip codes starting with 282xx should be checked/looked into.

it just seems to be a 5-digit number and starts with a 2-8-2-x-x

Matches a known postal code in North Carolina…

Attachments

• 57AD8EDF-8CE1-4F9F-9303-A68FAE029E2F.jpeg
    57AD8EDF-8CE1-4F9F-9303-A68FAE029E2F.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 47
Or… it’s 0-8-2-1-3…

which makes it a zip code for a township right next to Atlantic City, NJ.

While upside down the “letters” look like “numbers” and Vice versa.

If it is a zip code in the leaf:

08213 - Near Atlantic City, NJ USA
18213 - Near Jun in Granada, Spain
28213 - Near Newell, NC USA
38213 - Near Guanajuato, Mexico
48213 - Near Detroit, Michigan USA
58213 - Near Ardoch, North Dakota USA
68213 - Near San Francisco Telixtlahuaca, Mexico
78213 - Near Bexar County, Texas USA
88213 - Near Caprock, New Mexico USA
98213 - Near Everett, Washington USA

That would be a list of all x-8-2-1-3 zip codes.

Even if you searched as x-8-2-x-x zip codes, they will generally be within range of the 0-9 listed, if that makes sense. So IF the letters are really upside down numbers or Vice versa in the leaf and IF they are zip codes, even if we debate that it’s 0-8-2-1-3 or 0-8-2-0-2 both are within range of one another. Same for 2-8-2-1-3 or if it was 2-8-2-0-3.

To me it seems that there are five digits in the enhanced photo. However I admit, upside down, the “numbers” look like letters. But when you reflip the image the letters look like numbers.

It would not be an unheard of thing to tattoo your zip code, even in small print as an homage of sorts?.?.?.

Maybe it’s a zip code of her birth place?

I wish I could think of more to contribute. I just haven’t seen any talk about the possibilities of numbers in the leaf and if others see it as a set of five numbers, like a zip code.

I enhanced the image a tad to try and bring out the numbers and recrop the image to focus on the leaf.

Attachments

• FA16074B-C24E-4155-BF69-207E03E49BCE.jpeg
    FA16074B-C24E-4155-BF69-207E03E49BCE.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 69
One of the bracelets looks like it has some markings on the clasp it that may help in IDing. Looks maybe like "RD"?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 5.57.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 5.57.20 PM.png
    568.5 KB · Views: 32
I found the spot in Hempstead state park where she was found

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210719-004045.png
    Screenshot_20210719-004045.png
    459 KB · Views: 47

Members online

Online statistics

Members online