Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
APR 21, 2021
Toddlers Orrin and Orson West Still Missing From California | In Pursuit With John Walsh on ID | Investigation Discovery
[...]

Chief Terry said at this point, “everyone is being looked at” and no suspects have been named in this case. They will continue to explore all possibilities.

If you know anything about the disappearance of these two brothers, please contact Kern Secret Witness at (661) 322-4040 or the Bakersfield Police Department at (661) 327-7111.

4 months after disappearance, community remains hopeful of finding missing West boys | KGET 17
Wednesday marks 121 days — exactly four months — since Orson and Orrin West disappeared from their home in California City.

The Bakersfield Police Department has not reported any new developments but say they have not given up the search. The activists that have gotten involved with the search themselves continue to hope for a happy ending to this story.

[...]

APR 22, 2021
The Unsolved Casefile: Where are Orson and Orrin West? - Court TV
[...]

The California City Police Department has confirmed there is still no physical evidence of a crime.

Klaas said he sympathizes with the Kern County community as it took 65 days for authorities to find a major break in his daughter’s case.

Currently, the missing toddler brothers are the youngest of 31 other missing children listed on the California Attorney General’s website.

[...]
is this right? first link bbm
BPD says a neighbor’s camera captured footage of the West’s side yard the night the boys disappeared, and the video corroborates with Trezell’s story. Police added that the adoptive grandmother was the last person besides the adoptive parents to have seen the boys.

BPD says a neighbor’s camera captured footage of the West’s side yard the night the boys disappeared, and the video corroborates with Trezell’s story. Police added that the adoptive grandmother was the last person besides the adoptive parents to have seen the boys.

Interesting. I take that to mean it corroborates with TW’s story about when he left in the van to go drive around and look for the boys and when the police arrived. Initially I thought it meant it corroborated with the story of how the boys walked away or someone took them but reading the whole thing I think he just meant the footage shows TW looking for the boys... at least that’s how I understand it.

Yes, it's correct - what TW told investigators is corroborated on the video.

However, what cannot be corroborated is that the boys left the backyard possibly through an open gate. There's no footage that depicts the boys, period.

The California City Police Chief is now speaking on security camera footage from a neighbor, from the day the boys went missing. Police Chief Walker says the security cam footage is consistent with the statements from Trazell and Jacqueline West.

The security camera footage shows on Dec. 21 at 5:33 P.M., Trazell starts looking for the boys around the neighborhood.

"What it appears, right here is someone, I'm by his statement it's Trazell, getting into a white van in front of the property and exiting and it looks like he makes a left turn and goes eastbound on Aspen," Jon Walker, Police Chief, California City Police Department, said.

Trazell comes back to the home six minutes later. Fast forward to 5:53 P.M., California City Police arrive.

New Security Cam footage on the days before West boys went missing

Interesting. I take that to mean it corroborates with TW’s story about when he left in the van to go drive around and look for the boys and when the police arrived. Initially I thought it meant it corroborated with the story of how the boys walked away or someone took them but reading the whole thing I think he just meant the footage shows TW looking for the boys... at least that’s how I understand it.
yes perhaps funny wording.

Yes, it's correct - what TW told investigators is corroborated on the video.

However, what cannot be corroborated is that the boys left the backyard possibly through an open gate. There's no footage that depicts the boys, period.

The California City Police Chief is now speaking on security camera footage from a neighbor, from the day the boys went missing. Police Chief Walker says the security cam footage is consistent with the statements from Trazell and Jacqueline West.

The security camera footage shows on Dec. 21 at 5:33 P.M., Trazell starts looking for the boys around the neighborhood.

"What it appears, right here is someone, I'm by his statement it's Trazell, getting into a white van in front of the property and exiting and it looks like he makes a left turn and goes eastbound on Aspen," Jon Walker, Police Chief, California City Police Department, said.

Trazell comes back to the home six minutes later. Fast forward to 5:53 P.M., California City Police arrive.

Interesting. In the Bayan Wang interview JW waved her hand and claimed they searched outside for the boys. The footage shows Only TW outside. Weird huh? So where was JW during this crucial time??????????????????

Interesting. In the Bayan Wang interview JW waved her hand and claimed they searched outside for the boys. The footage shows Only TW outside. Weird huh? So where was JW during this crucial time??????????????????
I will reluctantly give her a hall pass on the "we" or "they" were searching. Some couples speak in this manner. However, your point is critical. Was JW on the phone frantically calling family members or friends prepping them to spring in to action if needed?

Yes....what *was* she doing during that critical time? Was she staging the house in a certain manner or outdoors?

Of course we don't know if either JW or TW are directly involved in the disappearance of the boys. As such, this is just....

....amateur opinion and speculation

Walker confirmed you can see what appears to be a dog on the other side of the fence, on the footage from Dec. 21, but from the angle of the camera, you cannot see children in the backyard, during any point of the footage.

Eyewitness News also acquired security cam footage from two days before they went missing.

Jon Walker, Police Chief for the California City Department, says the boys' adoptive parents claim they left their California City house on Dec. 19 with their six children, to go do Christmas shopping in Bakersfield.

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids.

Chief Walker says the parents claim they dropped off four of their children, not including Orrin and Orson, at a family member's home that day.

Many interesting things in this news story ...
  • Besides the parents, the last person to see the boys was the Adoptive Grandmother. WW told us she had not seen the kids for a year due to CV19. So, the AG who saw the boys may be Jacqueline's Mom? PLEASE HELP RETURN MY BABIES — A GRANDMOTHERS PLEA (click on comments at link).
  • The camera never captured the Orrin & Orson in the backyard, only the dog.
  • Only four kids entered and left in the van, when Trezell & Jacqueline return- Orrin & Orson are again, not seen exiting the van.
Obviously BPD are still investigating and have not called the parents POI's. But IMO, the parents have lied from day 1 and LE knows what's up. The when, why, & how are the answers being sought.

Walker confirmed you can see what appears to be a dog on the other side of the fence, on the footage from Dec. 21, but from the angle of the camera, you cannot see children in the backyard, during any point of the footage.

Eyewitness News also acquired security cam footage from two days before they went missing.

Jon Walker, Police Chief for the California City Department, says the boys' adoptive parents claim they left their California City house on Dec. 19 with their six children, to go do Christmas shopping in Bakersfield.

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids.

Chief Walker says the parents claim they dropped off four of their children, not including Orrin and Orson, at a family member's home that day.

Many interesting things in this news story ...
  • Besides the parents, the last person to see the boys was the Adoptive Grandmother. WW told us she had not seen the kids for a year due to CV19. So, the AG who saw the boys may be Jacqueline's Mom? PLEASE HELP RETURN MY BABIES — A GRANDMOTHERS PLEA (click on comments at link).
  • The camera never captured the Orrin & Orson in the backyard, only the dog.
  • Only four kids entered and left in the van, when Trezell & Jacqueline return- Orrin & Orson are again, not seen exiting the van.
Obviously BPD are still investigating and have not called the parents POI's. But IMO, the parents have lied from day 1 and LE knows what's up. The when, why, & how are the answers being sought.
Perps are so dumb.
Let's hope someone has enough brains to start cooperating with the DA to save their own backside, or reduce what will surely be a very lengthy jail sentence.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I will reluctantly give her a hall pass on the "we" or "they" were searching. Some couples speak in this manner. However, your point is critical. Was JW on the phone frantically calling family members or friends prepping them to spring in to action if needed?

Yes....what *was* she doing during that critical time? Was she staging the house in a certain manner or outdoors?

Of course we don't know if either JW or TW are directly involved in the disappearance of the boys. As such, this is just....

....amateur opinion and speculation
Wrapping gifts? Just thinking out loud....moo

Wrapping gifts? Just thinking out loud....moo
If they had just made up that story then this is actually pretty possible, to stage a gift wrapping scene for LE arrival.

yes, the footage very loosely fits with TW’s account of searching events. I think “corroborated” was fed to reporters to parallel the “no suspects” theme in their statements.

I personally very much believe they have a different neighbors’ footage proving TW’s story inaccurate and likely implausible as the event of their disappearance.
Moo

Hi, I'm new here. I find it difficult to believe 'the community' hopes for a positive outcome when pretty much everyone says the boys are dead without a shred of evidence. As a mother I would never believe my child was dead until I saw the bones. I hope these babies are with a family member and are not suffering in any way what-so-ever. That's a positive outcome.

Hi, I'm new here. I find it difficult to believe 'the community' hopes for a positive outcome when pretty much everyone says the boys are dead without a shred of evidence. As a mother I would never believe my child was dead until I saw the bones. I hope these babies are with a family member and are not suffering in any way what-so-ever. That's a positive outcome.
Yes, the best outcome would be if the boys were found safe and alive.

If that is not the case, then the best outcome is to see that those responsible are held accountable for their actions. I think this is what the public wants to see.

It's hard to know what the parents are thinking as far as the boys still being alive since they have not made any public statements since their original interview. If they do believe the boys are alive, they are not asking the public for help in finding them.

Yes, the best outcome would be if the boys were found safe and alive.

If that is not the case, then the best outcome is to see that those responsible are held accountable for their actions. I think this is what the public wants to see.

It's hard to know what the parents are thinking as far as the boys still being alive since they have not made any public statements since their original interview. If they do believe the boys are alive, they are not asking the public for help in finding them.
Staying silent when your kids are missing is a troubling indicator.

amateur opinion and speculation

I don't think LE can release 911 calls to the public without permission from the caller, as they are considered confidential. Imo
911-recordings-transcripts-state-statutes
Laws vary by State.

California
911 calls fall under the California Public Records Act, which makes all records available to the public through request. CPRA limits disclosure of personal information by protecting the right to privacy over the public’s interest.

Do prospective foster parents have to pass any drug tests? Is that part of the screening process? Does anyone know?

Every state requires criminal background checks before fostering, but not sure how many also require drug testing. In my state, there is not a drug test to become a foster parent, but of course foster parents can be required to drug test if there is sufficient reason.

Linking this article from a neighboring state about an awful story re: foster parents and drugs... but the article also contains some good information about drug testing for foster parents:

“In Kansas, foster parents suspected of using drugs can be asked to undergo drug testing, and if drugs are detected, their foster-care license is withdrawn, said Freed, the DCF spokeswoman. A state regulation says, “No caregiver shall be in a state of impaired ability due to the use of alcohol or other chemicals, including prescription and nonprescription drugs.”

While the state investigates whether the foster parent is using drugs, the foster children are placed in another foster home.

To be a foster parent, applicants have to pass a criminal background check, answer a questionnaire about substance abuse and allow their home to be inspected, among other steps. Once someone becomes a foster parent, social workers check on the children at least once a month, and there are annual inspections of foster homes to make sure the physical environment is safe, Freed said.
•••
Linda Spears, an official with the Child Welfare League of America, said she thinks most states don’t do drug tests of all foster-parent applicants; mainly it would be done if there was a suspicion or something showed up in a background check.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansas.com/news/local/article1187151.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members