MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been anyone like othram or parabon interested in picking up her case? If not there should be

Othram wrote in this thread before. I have asked if there was an interest in the case and got a reply to send info to their email which I did. But so far I haven't heard anything more about it.

I think Carl contacted Parabon way back but don't know the outcome. Perhaps we need to send them a reminder.

Dna doe project don't do kids. I suggested this case but they declined for that reason.

Are there any other well known companies that could be interested? I am sure St louis Would like to see their most famous jane doe case solved.

Has there been anyone like othram or parabon interested in picking up her case? If not there should be

From 13 Oct 2020
Please feel free to tag us on as many cases as you like. We prefer to specifically work cases no one else wants. We don't want to leave any case behind and it minimizes duplication of effort :)

We will look into this case.

@othram anything you'd like to share? :)

Funding won't be the issue for this case. Sooo many people would donate, I am sure of it. But will LE cooperate and is proper DNA still available? JMO

I believe they will cooperate. This case has haunted them for decades. They dug up her remains a few years ago to collect new evidence after a long search that would take weeks since her grave was unmarked and there was no record where it was located at the cemetery. I do think there is a willingness to solve it when they took such great measures to collect new samples of her. And through DNA is certainly the only was solve this case at this point.

On February 28th, 1983, two men made a grisly discovery in the basement of an abandoned building in St. Louis, Missouri. There, beneath some debris, they discovered the lifeless body of a young black female. The victim had been bound, assaulted, strangled and decapitated post-mortem.

Due to the absence of a head, identifying the victim would prove challenging and any connections that could be made to a possible suspect based on that ID was impossible. The child was given the name of Little Jane Doe, and for nearly forty years, her murder has haunted the St. Louis Police Department.

Who is Little Jane Doe, who murdered her and will she ever receive justice?

LINK:

The Horrifying Murder of Little Jane Doe — Trace Evidence

The decapitated remains of a little girl found in the basement on an abandoned apartment building remain unidentified 38 years later

af70da12-d0a7-425d-82a9-f0de255f3ed6_1140x641.jpg

Her real name has eluded them for 38 years this week. But there are some updates to report.

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department formed a Cold Case Unit in early 2019.
This case is one of its priorities.

Investigators have ruled out about 20 children through DNA.

And they are keeping an eye on how private DNA databases are leading to big breaks in other decades-old cases.
---
The technique got a lot of attention when investigators arrested the serial killer known as the Golden State killer in 2016 – more than three decades after he raped, murdered, burglarized and terrorized dozens.

So, why can’t it help identify Baby Jane Doe?

St. Louis Maj. Shawn Dace says he gets that question a lot.

The new Cold Case Unit answers to him.

“I mean just because one case is solved doesn’t mean another one should be automatically solved,” he said. “Homicide cases are not cookie cutter cases. It takes breaks here, it takes cooperation from the community, it takes a variety of things to solve cases.”
---
Right around the 30-year anniversary of the case, St. Louis police investigators wanted to exhume her body from a pauper’s grave at a cemetery in north St. Louis County to get fresh DNA samples.

The cemetery had fallen into major disrepair through the years. Trees and brush swallowed many of the graves when I visited the site in 2012 as a reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
---
In 2013, a digging crew headed out to the cemetery and found Baby Jane Doe.

At the dig that day was retired St. Louis homicide detective Joe Burgoon. He’s one of the few original investigators still alive.

That exhumation led to mineral testing on her bones, which narrowed the little girl’s likely origin to about 11 states in the southeast region of the country.
---
If you have information about this case, call 866-371-TIPS.

Baby Jane Doe case unsolved in St. Louis after 38 years | ksdk.com

Today it was exactly 38 years ago she was found. Let it be the last year she remains nameless.

Absolutely and it's wonderful that her case has been so active recently. It seems like she knew the killer/s hence the decapitation to disguise her identity and to not be traced back. Like her mother's boyfriend or family member who molested her and it was covered up. If it wasn't, then why wasn't she ever reported missing by a family member?

If they ever discover her identity, it will be solved quickly as someone like a friend or neighbor will remember her and know who her family is. Such a particularly heartbreaking case much like the Boy in the Box.

I just read about this case online and I want to cry. Who does this to such a young girl? Something is telling me that the head of this child had an identifying factor that the killer wanted hidden. The only other reason I would see the killer removing her head was to hinder ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288