CA - Unarmed man in body armor rams LAPD unit; confronts LE; fatally shot; Hollywood, 25 Apr 2021

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Officers were responding to a call with their sirens and lights on when a car suddenly pulled in front of them around 2:35 p.m. and stopped, the LAPD said.

Police said the car — which appeared to be a black sedan according to video footage from the scene — not only stopped but also put the car in reverse, ramming into the LAPD unit, the department said.

The driver of the sedan exited the vehicle wearing body armor, and confronted the officers with “his right hand concealed behind him,” police said.

Officers alleged that the man moved toward the officers, who had exited their patrol car.

“He counted “3, 2, 1” & began to move his arm to the front of his body, at which time there was an OIS,” the LAPD said on Twitter.

The man was struck by gunfire and pronounced dead at the scene, the LAPD reported.

Video from the scene showed a man lying in the street, covered in blood and wearing a bulletproof vest, which officers later removed.

The sedan, which was covered in decals with conspiratorial messages like “new world order” and “governments of deception,” appeared to have its back bumper damaged as it was in contact with an LAPD vehicle.
Fatal police shooting in Hollywood leaves man wearing body armor dead | KTLA

There has been an Officer-Involved Shooting on Sunset Bl near Fairfax in Hollywood Division. Around 2:35 p.m. ofcrs were heading to a radio call w/ their lights & sirens on when a car pulled in front of them, stopped suddenly & reversed into the police car.

The driver of the car exited, was wearing body armor, & had his right hand concealed behind him. He moved toward the ofcrs who had exited their patrol car. He counted "3, 2, 1" & began to move his arm to the front of his body, at which time there was an OIS.

The man was struck by gunfire & pronounced deceased at scene. Force Investigation Div detectives are on scene conducting interviews & gathering evidence.
https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1386157656054714368?s=20

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. No weapon was found.
Los Angeles police fatally shoot man wearing body armor during bizarre confrontation in Hollywood area

*What was this man thinking? Planning? Why? Will we next hear about what they find at his residence? Conspirator or believer?

People are daring to be shot all over. I’ve read of so many lately. What is going on? Do they want suicide by cop or something senseless? This is an example:
Nashville police release bodycam video of officer shooting man with 2 butcher knives during traffic stop
That made me laugh! Obviously the media choose their stories wisely, I mean you never hear of just one plane crash,there always seems to be a few within a couple of days. Flavour of the month I suppose

People are daring to be shot all over. I’ve read of so many lately. What is going on? Do they want suicide by cop or something senseless? This is an example:
Nashville police release bodycam video of officer shooting man with 2 butcher knives during traffic stop
I’m replying to myself cause I just found the footage of this butcher knife incident. Omg! I probably should have made a separate thread but I didn’t grasp the intensity until I watched the video. No choice. No choice at all. This makes me so sad for all. Those brave officers behaved as trained and expected. Warning: Graphic:

Authorities also said they have yet to recover any weapon from the suspect, the Los Angeles Police Department reported.

The shooting occurred at 2:37 p.m. Saturday at Sunset Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue, said Officer Rosario Cervantes of the LAPD's Media Relations Section.

Officers were en route to a radio call with their lights and sirens on when a car pulled in front of them, stopped suddenly and backed into the patrol car, police said. The driver of the car got out and was observed wearing body armor as he moved toward the officers, who had exited their car, police said.

Newschopper4 was over the scene around 2:45 p.m., with a lot of blood on the street as the body was being covered up with a white sheet on Sunset Boulevard. The world-famous street was temporarily shut down in both directions near Fairfax Avenue, with a large police presence.
Police Continue Investigation into Armor-Clad Man Shot and Killed in Hollywood

The man was identified as 34-year-old Richard Brian Solitro Jr. of North Providence.

A guest staying at a nearby Quality Inn noticed the car parked there before the shooting and told affiliate KNBC that Solitro had been a long-term guest.

In 2018, an officer from North Providence said Solitro pointed a gun at them during a welfare check at his home.

Solitro’s weapon was later determined to be a replica.

A grand jury ruled the 2018 officer-involved shooting was justified.

Reached via phone on Sunday night, Solitro's father, Rick Solitro, told NBC 10 News that his son had struggled with his mental health for years.
Rhode Island man shot and killed in California after confrontation with police

Officers were responding to a call with their sirens and lights on when a car suddenly pulled in front of them around 2:35 p.m. and stopped, the LAPD said.

Police said the car — which appeared to be a black sedan according to video footage from the scene — not only stopped but also put the car in reverse, ramming into the LAPD unit, the department said.

The driver of the sedan exited the vehicle wearing body armor, and confronted the officers with “his right hand concealed behind him,” police said.

Officers alleged that the man moved toward the officers, who had exited their patrol car.

“He counted “3, 2, 1” & began to move his arm to the front of his body, at which time there was an OIS,” the LAPD said on Twitter.

The man was struck by gunfire and pronounced dead at the scene, the LAPD reported.

Video from the scene showed a man lying in the street, covered in blood and wearing a bulletproof vest, which officers later removed.

The sedan, which was covered in decals with conspiratorial messages like “new world order” and “governments of deception,” appeared to have its back bumper damaged as it was in contact with an LAPD vehicle.
Fatal police shooting in Hollywood leaves man wearing body armor dead | KTLA

There has been an Officer-Involved Shooting on Sunset Bl near Fairfax in Hollywood Division. Around 2:35 p.m. ofcrs were heading to a radio call w/ their lights & sirens on when a car pulled in front of them, stopped suddenly & reversed into the police car.

The driver of the car exited, was wearing body armor, & had his right hand concealed behind him. He moved toward the ofcrs who had exited their patrol car. He counted "3, 2, 1" & began to move his arm to the front of his body, at which time there was an OIS.

The man was struck by gunfire & pronounced deceased at scene. Force Investigation Div detectives are on scene conducting interviews & gathering evidence.
https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1386157656054714368?s=20

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. No weapon was found.
Los Angeles police fatally shoot man wearing body armor during bizarre confrontation in Hollywood area

*What was this man thinking? Planning? Why? Will we next hear about what they find at his residence? Conspirator or believer?

He was sure up to no good. Who in the heck rides around with body armor on??

Its scary. We have no idea if the cars we pass having very bad people in them.

Its logical we have passed vehicles who may have victims in them dead or alive. I'm glad the officers weren't hurt.

Jmho

This is his 2018 mugshot.
EA3E53D6-EFB6-4FB5-8CCA-705D013C20BE.jpeg

Here is his car.
1596FF99-FB91-457D-8F45-16BF5A2F33A1.png

Besides all the “666”, “333”, “KING OF SATAN”, etc., this is what is written on the passenger side, all “T’s” are upside down.

IM TRUMAN IM SATAN LOST ANGEL OF HOLLYWOOD
IM A RICKSTAR JESUS CHRIST IS MY SON HE IS BLACK
MARY IS MY WIFE WE CREATED THIS WORLD NOT GOD
TAKE OUR SON OFF THE CROSS CANCEL ALL BIBLES BB LIES
MARY IS ILLUMINATI UR ALL IN MY MATRIX FREE MY SON SATAN

Rhode Island man shot and killed in California after confrontation with police

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors