SD SD - Rachel Cyriacks, 30, Mitchell, 6 Dec 2013

The search for Rachel Cyriacks continues

http://www.ksfy.com/home/headlines/The-search-for-Rachel-Cyriacks-continues-347986071.html

Two years ago, a Woonsocket woman went missing.

Rachel Cyriacks was last heard from on November 13th, 2013.

There are many theories about what happened to her, but no suspects have been identified or arrests have been made so far.

Two years after Rachel's disappearance, clues continue to pour into the Sanborn County Sheriff's Office in Woonsocket.

What led to the disappearance of Rachel Cyriacks is a question her friends and family, as well as Sanborn County Sheriff Tom Fridley would like to know the answer.

Still searching for Cyriacks

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news/local/4158415-still-searching-cyriacks

Three years later, the picture of a missing woman is still the screensaver on Tom Fridley's cell phone.

Fridley, the Sanborn County Sheriff, said Sunday — the three-year anniversary of Rachel Cyriacks' disappearance — the case has taken a toll on the community and himself, but hope remains that someday justice will be served.

Officials suspect foul play in the disappearance, and don't believe Cyriacks will be found alive, Fridley said.

"We're always hopeful that this is the one — this is the right piece of information," Fridley said. "You're always hanging on optimism because it's the only thing we can do, and I can honestly say I believe there's still optimism out there, it's just been a long time waiting for this Christmas present."

Decided to browse charley project cases this morning and picked Rachel to start off with. I've look at her missing FB page, a few articles and did some google searches. All of what I found, to me, points to her husband killing her and wrapping her body in her special blanket, then driving somewhere rough (because of the damaged undercarriage of the truck) to dispose of her body. Her husband got 2 years in prison last march for domestic violence. He was charged with domestic violence and kidnapping with her. The kidnapping charge was dropped when it should NOT have been.

I know they didn't but they should have taken soil samples of teh underside of the truck... maybe then they would have a clearer picture of where he dumped her body.

Cyriacks was last seen Nov. 13, 2013, in Mitchell, and was reported missing in early December. Searches of the area, surveillance footage and interviews have turned up nothing in search of the Woonsocket native.

Cyriacks was last seen driving a gray 1995 Chevy Silverado pickup with South Dakota license plate 4CH 634. The pickup was found in early January 2014 with significant damage to its undercarriage, but the truck hasn't produced any tangible leads.

Cyriacks is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall and approximately 140 pounds with blonde/brown hair and hazel eyes. She has a tattoo on the left side of her neck and tattoos on her right forearm. She was 30 at the time of her disappearance.

Cyriacks%20for%20web.JPG

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news/local/4358357-search-woonsocket-woman-continues

Saw a utube video about this case. Seems well done. Admin, can I post it here?
Edited to add. The video is by Brainscratch Searchlight, if that is helpful

This is John Lordan's 'Brainscratch' coverage of the case...I've posted a few and they seem to stay up, so hoping it's ok. John is quite victim friendly.

“It’s crazy, within the past seven years there’s two people missing now from Woonsocket,” he says, referring to both his brother and Cyriacks, “that lived a block away from each other, grew up together and everything. I guess it’s kind of hard to really explain what we feel happened without I guess, pointing fingers, which we absolutely don’t want to do — but when you talk amongst yourselves, it’s bound to happen.”

This quote is from the article above. Woonsocket is a very small town with a population of about 650 people. It is extremely odd to have two people missing!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back