ID ID - Terrence Woods, 27, missing, Penman Mine near Orogrande, 5 Oct 2018

For some reason this case really, really bothers me. Those people know more than they're saying.
I'm bothered by this case, too, though I am not 100% sure they know more than they are saying, at least not in a sinister way. We also don't know what they might have shared with LE but not publicly. I do agree things seem off, but I try to stay neutral in all cases until there is solid evidence. However, strange things happen sometimes. I wish I was able to go search for him.

There have been a few cases on here where people tell their family that they really need to come home and then go missing. I do often wonder if they’re at the beginning of a terrible and fast downward spiral when they reach out for help.. :(
Moo

Dropping in to say I'm so sorry for the family and friends of Terrence that he's still not been recovered, and the mystery surrounding his disappearance remains.

The agony of "not knowing" must be unbearable. Wishing them strength and comfort to endure for however many days...months, years.

Also thinking about a young man in Texas that was driving home for Christmas break (Jason Landry). He missed a turn leading to the interstate, crashed his car, walked away from the crash scene, and vanished. Like Terrence, many more questions than answers.

Vanished -- this is such a cold word.

Very interesting article below about the toxic and laddish work culture at the British television production company RAW TV.

I mentions that the Associate Producer Simon Gee told Terrence's Dad, that 'I had high expectations of his son, but he didn't didn't stand up to them....'

It also mentions that other crew on the shoot have not spoken out about Terrence's disappearance for fear of being blacklisted within the TV industry.

The Mysterious Disappearance of Terrence Woods Jr.

RAW annoys the heck out of me. If anyone believes for a hot second that there wasn't racism at play here then I have a bridge to sell you. The guy had no history of mental illness, his boss is talking smack about him, others are saying there was a bad environment there - puh-lease. They know what happened to him, and the crew was probably paid off to stay silent.

I hate to go there, but the unwillingness of LE to continue to search fed the weirdness of this whole strange tale... Someone in that crew Terrence was working with up there know what happened but mum's the word sad it very remote and there are hundreds of weird stories in that area from way back Prayers that his family get answers !

I'm really glad his friendsa in the UK are speaking up !! God Bless all of you good people com back again please bcuz we don't stop ever checking in and sharing msm or pod casts even dr fn Phil Blahhhhh. But thanks for helping get the word out !! MOO Where the heck is Tee ?

"On the evening of his disappearance, as the shoot wrapped up, Terrence told one of the two local women who had been helping the crew with transport that he needed to use the bathroom. Moments after Terrence had spoken to the woman, associate producer Simon Gee noticed that Terrence had dropped his radio on the floor. The next thing he saw was Terrence running down a steep cliff that led to the forest, where he disappeared into the trees. Gee and other locals in the area tried to go down the cliff after him, but the terrain in Orogrande is rough and unpredictable. They returned with their clothes torn and covered in blood. Gee would later tell Terrence’s father that his son was running faster than he had ever seen anyone run before."

This whole scenario has been bothering me from the very beginning. Why would these people follow Terrence, who was running faster than they've ever seen anyone run before? I don't understand unless he was running away from them and they were trying to catch him. I feel like this is where we're missing part of the story. I can't get my mind wrapped around why locals who were helping the crew would run after a virtual stranger. And not just run after him, but get bloodied up in the process. It comes to mind that maybe Tee had something they wanted, or knew something he wasn't supposed to know. I mean, I guess he could have been bullied or something like that, but I can't envision people running after him unless they were trying to get him at that moment. JMOO and all that.

For the record, I think it's unlikely that an entire tv crew had something to do with it, but I am super curious exactly who ran after him.

upload_2021-4-28_14-23-59.png

Terrence Woods Jr., 26, of Seat Pleasant, had been working with a British film crew on a documentary about abandoned gold mines in Idaho County, a mountainous 8,500-square-mile region in western Idaho.

The film crew reported Woods missing the evening of Oct. 5, and a search began the following day and continued through the week. Teams with dogs and search-and-rescue squads traversed the area on foot, and helicopter crews scoured the formidable terrain from the air. The efforts turned up nothing.

Oct 2018
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...0a4266-cd93-11e8-a3e6-44daa3d35ede_story.html

"On the evening of his disappearance, as the shoot wrapped up, Terrence told one of the two local women who had been helping the crew with transport that he needed to use the bathroom. Moments after Terrence had spoken to the woman, associate producer Simon Gee noticed that Terrence had dropped his radio on the floor. The next thing he saw was Terrence running down a steep cliff that led to the forest, where he disappeared into the trees. Gee and other locals in the area tried to go down the cliff after him, but the terrain in Orogrande is rough and unpredictable. They returned with their clothes torn and covered in blood. Gee would later tell Terrence’s father that his son was running faster than he had ever seen anyone run before."

This whole scenario has been bothering me from the very beginning. Why would these people follow Terrence, who was running faster than they've ever seen anyone run before? I don't understand unless he was running away from them and they were trying to catch him. I feel like this is where we're missing part of the story. I can't get my mind wrapped around why locals who were helping the crew would run after a virtual stranger. And not just run after him, but get bloodied up in the process. It comes to mind that maybe Tee had something they wanted, or knew something he wasn't supposed to know. I mean, I guess he could have been bullied or something like that, but I can't envision people running after him unless they were trying to get him at that moment. JMOO and all that.

For the record, I think it's unlikely that an entire tv crew had something to do with it, but I am super curious exactly who ran after him.

From the WA Post link above, TW was reportedly acting strangely on the day he disappeared after abruptly jumping off a steep drop and sprinting away. An abrupt jump sounds like a response to get away if you believe you're being chased (real or imagined). However, I never agreed with Idaho Sheriff reasoning for pulling back on the search -- that perhaps TW did not want to be located and/or voluntarily missing. One does not voluntarily disappear in the Idaho wilderness in October. Nope. Doesn't happen if you're in your right mind. MOO

Initial news reports said that members of the film crew had seen Woods acting strangely on the day he disappeared and that he abruptly jumped off a steep drop and sprinted away from the group as they gave chase.

“He went over to the edge and there were several people watching him, including one of the local guys, and he said he just decided to take off, and he shot down that hill,” Idaho County Sheriff Doug Giddings told KLEW-TV in Lewiston, Idaho.

I don't know much about sudden mental breaks, but I wonder - if he was experiencing a lot o discrimination, or bad treatment, or negativity or whatever, over the course of his time there, could that have caused a sudden mental break? Fight or flight perhaps?

Perhaps. Or maybe his mental condition at the time created this perceived negativity that was happening.

At my work place, you could ask a dozen people what the work environment's like, and half or more would conclude it's hostile and negative. The remainder would say it's fine. I think a lot depends on your previous experiences and general outlook.

For what little we know, I see a troubled individual, either a mentally acute incident or under some substance that brought it on, run off after a perceived event.

Feel very sorry for his loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back