IN - 8 Dead at Indianapolis FedEx Facility Mass Shooting, 15 Apr 2021

I think we need to be careful before assuming a racial motive based on visits to white-supremacist websites. I know my history includes visits to lots of sites - both for curiosity and research. How many of us here have researched, say, methods of strangulation or rates of decomposition?! As I understand it, that immediate geographical area has a high population of Sikhs - it would make sense for many Sikhs to work there. It would also make sense for Sikh workers to be physically close together on break as they share a common culture & language. JMO.

It’s the anniversary of Columbine today. I was in high school. My 2yr olds do active shooter drills at a preschool that has an armed police offer stationed at the entrance all day long.

I think we need to be careful before assuming a racial motive based on visits to white-supremacist websites. I know my history includes visits to lots of sites - both for curiosity and research. How many of us here have researched, say, methods of strangulation or rates of decomposition?! As I understand it, that immediate geographical area has a high population of Sikhs - it would make sense for many Sikhs to work there. It would also make sense for Sikh workers to be physically close together on break as they share a common culture & language. JMO.

It’s the anniversary of Columbine today. I was in high school. My 2yr olds do active shooter drills at a preschool that has an armed police offer stationed at the entrance all day long.
It's just the media doing what they do unfortunately. They have no idea what the motive was so they just run with whatever. I know I've visited white supremacist sites just to see the stupidity there after reading about cases involving certain groups.

What gets me is they report on what happened a year ago and ignore the reports from the last few days.

FedEx shooter was obsessed with 'My Little Pony': report

The kid was talking about hoping to be with a cartoon character in the afterlife because his life had no meaning without her. He had obvious mental issues that were documented and IMO, he chose the location because he was familiar with it, not because of who worked there.

It's just the media doing what they do unfortunately. They have no idea what the motive was so they just run with whatever. I know I've visited white supremacist sites just to see the stupidity there after reading about cases involving certain groups.

What gets me is they report on what happened a year ago and ignore the reports from the last few days.

The kid was talking about hoping to be with a cartoon character in the afterlife because his life had no meaning without her. He had obvious mental issues that were documented and IMO, he chose the location because he was familiar with it, not because of who worked there.
What the....? What?

Oh, I just have no words.

Bronies have been around for years, I think. There was a documentary maybe 6-10 years ago - I can’t recall the name. But it made a good case, IMO, that it’s a pretty pure & innocent hobby. There’s no sexual element (like the Furries). Just a nice group that really enjoys the show & characters. Can’t recall why, but I had to do a small presentation on Bronies vs. Furries ages ago :). JMO.

I disagree.

BBM. He was not a kid.

I disagree.
There's really no evidence he chose there because of who worked there, i.e the Sihks. If race wasn't a factor, then why choose that location? Outside of looking at at websites concerning white supremacists, there's nothing else in his history so far that points to race being a factor.

And as far as my kid remark, people that age are kids to me. My nephews are that age and I refer to them as kids despite being 17-19 years old

My 2yr olds do active shooter drills at a preschool that has an armed police offer stationed at the entrance all day long.

The only school I've ever seen that was on permanent lockdown with a metal detector and a guard at the door was an elementary school in a quiet middle-class neighborhood in a small city in Illinois. It had the guard because it was the school attended by children that age who lived at the local domestic violence shelter, and the guard was a contracted employee, paid by the shelter.

Maybe there's a child there who fits this demographic and confidentiality prevents the staff from telling you this?

The only school I've ever seen that was on permanent lockdown with a metal detector and a guard at the door was an elementary school in a quiet middle-class neighborhood in a small city in Illinois. It had the guard because it was the school attended by children that age who lived at the local domestic violence shelter, and the guard was a contracted employee, paid by the shelter.

Maybe there's a child there who fits this demographic and confidentiality prevents the staff from telling you this?

It’s a Jewish preschool inside a synagogue. There is some exemption that allows at-risk groups to hire a police officer from the town. It’s not a private security guard and the school pays for it.

"We do know that those types of mass shootings are contagious, that they tend to spread through things like the media and social media," said Peterson, a co-founder of The Violence Project, a nonprofit research center. "That people who are maybe vulnerable see themselves in other perpetrators who do this, people who already have kind of their own history of trauma, who are maybe feeling suicidal, who are in crisis, who have access to weapons, they see one make national headlines, and there is this copycat effect."

To separate mass shooting prevention from suicide prevention is a mistake, said Joel Dvoskin, a clinical and forensic psychologist with more than 40 years' experience in the field. Mass shootings often happen when despair meets rage, which hasn't been in short supply recently, he said.

"If you think about it, whenever somebody decides to kill a bunch of people, they're deciding to end their life as they know it," Dvoskin said. "Nobody goes back to their job. Nobody goes back to their family. Either they kill themselves or they make sure that the police kill them or they go away for the rest of their life to either prison or a hospital."

"It had the effect of, say, 'Well, I want to go out with a bang,'" Dvoskin said. "'I want to be famous. ... People haven't paid attention to me. They haven't listened to me. They haven't considered me. Well, they're going to pay attention to me now, by God.' And the cable news is all too happy to oblige them."
Experts believe a contagion effect could be tied to recent mass shootings

Ajeet Singh had to steel himself for a return to work at a FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis on Tuesday for the first time since a former employee shot dead eight people, including four members of Indianapolis’ tightly knit Sikh community.

“I’ve been scared to go back,” Singh said. “I don’t know why this happened still. Was it random, or was it because of who I am?”

“We are time and time again disproportionately facing senseless and often very targeted attacks,” said Satjeet Kaur, executive director of the Sikh Coalition, a New York-based group that has urged investigators to examine bias as a possible motive in the shootings.

“The impact on the community is traumatic,” she continued, “not just particularly the families that face the senseless violence, but also in the community at large because it’s community trauma.”
U.S. Sikh community traumatized by Indianapolis mass shooting | KTLA

But what was the driving force behind the shooters once those other factors were accounted for? You could boil it down to one word, often said by the shooters themselves: Revenge. Whether it be for not attaining the social status and schoolyard recognition they felt they deserved. Or revenge against the rest of the world, which they blamed for any and all of their problems.

I would argue that the seeds planted by juvenile mass shooters have now been harvested by adults and the results are percolating up across the country. The adults have learned how to channel their rage into real-life revenge for the grab-bag of wrongs they perceive have been heaped upon them.
Jeff Kass: Columbine reporter connects the dots between mass shootings

There is a link to the 38 page lawsuit in the article.

Families suing over deadly April 2021 Indianapolis FedEx shooting

INDIANAPOLIS – Days away from the one-year anniversary of the deadly mass shooting at an Indianapolis FedEx facility, relatives of five of the victims killed have filed a lawsuit accusing the shipping giant and a security company of negligence and failure to ensure a safe workplace.
The lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana names FedEx Corporation; FedEx Ground Package System, Inc.; Federal Express Corporation; FedEx Corporate Services, Inc.; and Securitas Security Services, USA as defendants.

The complaint was filed Monday by the families of Amarjeet Johal, 66, Amarjit Sekhon, 48, Jasvinder Kaur, 50, John Weisert, 74, and Karli Smith, 19, the victims killed in the worst mass shooting in the city’s history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back