OH - Ma’Khia Bryant, 16, fatally shot multiple times by Columbus police officer, 20 April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the older woman standing next to 43year kicker was MB bio grandma.....

Ma’Khia Bryant’s grandmother Jeanene Hammonds said she raced about 10 minutes to the Columbus foster home after receiving a call from her upset granddaughter late Tuesday afternoon. She said Bryant told her that an adult woman who used to live in the home had returned for a visit and an argument had ensued over the house being messy."
From:https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/22/makhia-bryant-police-shooting/

I believe the older woman standing next to 43year kicker was MB bio grandma.....

Ma’Khia Bryant’s grandmother Jeanene Hammonds said she raced about 10 minutes to the Columbus foster home after receiving a call from her upset granddaughter late Tuesday afternoon. She said Bryant told her that an adult woman who used to live in the home had returned for a visit and an argument had ensued over the house being messy."
From:https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/22/makhia-bryant-police-shooting/
BBM Really sad and completely uncalled for reason for a fight, knife or otherwise.

The more I learn about this situation the more furious I get.So this girl called her dad and grandma for help and what did they do?Dad joined in by attacking one of the young women on the ground.How about they spend that time calming her down.How about telling her they will all sit down with foster mom and talk about the other 2 girls who were a problem for her.How about talking about trying to remove her from this situation.How about explaining to her that violence is not the answer and one of them will fight to get custody of her.A 16 year old has emotions all over the place but the adults in her life could have calmed this situation before it came to her death.

The more I learn about this situation the more furious I get.So this girl called her dad and grandma for help and what did they do?Dad joined in by attacking one of the young women on the ground.How about they spend that time calming her down.How about telling her they will all sit down with foster mom and talk about the other 2 girls who were a problem for her.How about talking about trying to remove her from this situation.How about explaining to her that violence is not the answer and one of them will fight to get custody of her.A 16 year old has emotions all over the place but the adults in her life could have calmed this situation before it came to her death.

Considering neither of them were either willing or approved for custody when taken from Bio Mom tells me pretty much all I need to know to come up with some conclusions. Family is USUALLY the first choice, right?

Considering neither of them were either willing or approved for custody when taken from Bio Mom tells me pretty much all I need to know to come up with some conclusions. Family is USUALLY the first choice, right?
@Kakidoll Sorry, this didn't quote right.

Yes, family is usually first choice. They are saying Ma'Khia and her sister have only been here a few months, is it possible they were both previously in other foster homes where there were issues with them and they were removed? IMO her family should not have been privy to where she was living and her having the ability to call them to come to her aid certainly doesn't look like a good situation. JMO

@Kakidoll Sorry, this didn't quote right.

Yes, family is usually first choice. They are saying Ma'Khia and her sister have only been here a few months, is it possible they were both previously in other foster homes where there were issues with them and they were removed? IMO her family should not have been privy to where she was living and her having the ability to call them to come to her aid certainly doesn't look like a good situation. JMO
According to a statement boy the bio-Aunt, MB's sister had been in that same foster home 'over the years.' I am not sure how many, but sounds like a few or several years.

I admit I've always assumed that kids are placed into foster care because parents/grandparents are either dead or locked up.

In this case there is the mother, father, and two grandmothers that for some reason couldn't or wouldn't raise Ma'Khia in their homes. JMO

Twist it, sister! Human pretzel writes a hit piece on society, LE and systemic...and whatever else could be thrown in. IMO

"But the timing of the shooting — on the same day that former Minneapolis Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd last May — underscored, for many, the incessant drumbeat of police brutality and systemic racism."
'It's More Than Just Tragic': Ma'Khia Bryant and the Burden of Black Girlhood

Twist it, sister! Human pretzel writes a hit piece on society, LE and systemic...and whatever else could be thrown in. IMO

"But the timing of the shooting — on the same day that former Minneapolis Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd last May — underscored, for many, the incessant drumbeat of police brutality and systemic racism."
'It's More Than Just Tragic': Ma'Khia Bryant and the Burden of Black Girlhood
That article totally ignores the FACTS of this case. It goes on and on about society falsely labelling black girls as 'ANGRY.' And yet the victim in this case was exhibiting anger and rage and aggression. She was not being mistakenly labeled as such because she is African American. She was angrily slashing at others with a large knife.

They also say that anyone could have disarmed her and intervened to stop the knife fight. But they ignored the facts---the officer was not close enough to grab her and the knife before she could have killed the pink girl. He had about .5 seconds to do so.

That article blames everyone else but the perpetrators of violence we are seeing around us.

Last edited:
“No! You ain’t shoot my (expletive) baby!” an unidentified Black man screams at the officer.

You see, yes, he will. If your 'baby' is running around in an altered mental state with a knife attempting to kill others, then yes, your 'baby' may be shot, and your 'baby' may die.
But as an adult, parent or other care-giver you have the option to not allow a child to end up like this. Nurture them.

School is compulsory for 11 years of your life, and it's free, so make sure they attend. Make sure they are the best they can be, and don't even know about weapons, let alone want to kill others at the drop of a hat.

<modsnip>

And if you have a gun, or a knife, a police officer may have to kill you in order for other innocent members of the public to be saved. That applies to all colours and creeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all!

I was thinking this morning on so many cases, and how if they had only complied with the officer's command so many would be still alive today including M

I did read this morning they are still having protestors there about M, but they have remained peaceful.

I also read that a 22 year veteran police officer was summoned to a home when someone inside called 911. A type of call I'm sure he has made many times before. He is now fighting for his life with serious brain injuries after he was viciously attacked inside the home.

I admit I do worry about all police officer where it may be nothing more than a planned setup to be ambushed when they answer 911 calls.

Jmho

That article totally ignores the FACTS of this case. It goes on and on about society falsely labelling black girls as 'ANGRY.' And yet the victim in this case was exhibiting anger and rage and aggression. She was not being mistakenly labeled as such because she is African American. She was angrily slashing at others with a large knife.

They also say that anyone could have disarmed her and intervened to stop the knife fight. But they ignored the facts---the officer was not close enough to grab her and the knife before she could have killed the pink girl. He had about .5 seconds to do so.

That article blames everyone else but the perpetrators of violence we are seeing around us.

This ^^^^^ right here
Thank you, katydid23! You said it so much better than I could have!

"The victim is the deceased, and by extension, the family members of both the deceased victim and the suspects/accused."

@Sillybilly,
Question: If the victim is also the aggressor and/or suspect, or members of the victims family also participated , isn't there a crossover that we can discuss ? This seems to be coming up in more and more cases lately. The lines seem very blurred. I know we sometimes wait for LEO to make someone a POI or suspect, but if they are already deceased, they will never listed in that way, whereas they had lived, they would have been arrested etc.

As a Victim Friendly site, MY OWN brain equals 'Victim' to 'INNOCENT PERSON'. I don't think I'm alone in this, as its getting harder and harder to figure out who the true victims are in many cases these days, with the media putting out so many mis-statements and attention seeking headlines.

Help a muddled brain out please. Love to hear others thoughts on this also. I'd hate to start the Private Message/group on each case, even though i know we have done that in the past.

The way I see it, the so-called deceased "victim" is/was a would-have-been perp, had she lived to stab the other young lady.

Who IS the victim, the almost stabbed young woman, or the dead knife-wielder? HOW can we differentiate?

To go one step further, IMO MK is only called a "victim" because she was shot by LE, a white one at that. If she hadn't been shot prior to the stabbing, she would have been a murderer, no?

Last edited:
"The victim is the deceased, and by extension, the family members of both the deceased victim and the suspects/accused."

@Sillybilly,
Question: If the victim is also the aggressor and/or suspect, or members of the victims family also participated , isn't there a crossover that we can discuss ? This seems to be coming up in more and more cases lately. The lines seem very blurred. I know we sometimes wait for LEO to make someone a POI or suspect, but if they are already deceased, they will never listed in that way, whereas they had lived, they would have been arrested etc.

As a Victim Friendly site, MY OWN brain equals 'Victim' to 'INNOCENT PERSON'. I don't think I'm alone in this, as its getting harder and harder to figure out who the true victims are in many cases these days, with the media putting out so many mis-statements and attention seeking headlines.

Help a muddled brain out please. Love to hear others thoughts on this also. I'd hate to start the Private Message/group on each case, even though i know we have done that in the past.

The way I see it, the so-called deceased "victim" is/was a would-have-been perp, had she lived to stab the other young lady.

Who IS the victim, the almost stabbed young woman, or the dead knife-wielder? HOW can we differentiate?

@Kakidoll, Understood as to the complexities of who is the "innocent person" as you say.

For this situation, and many others... it is at the exact moment of the last crime/death. Ma'khia is potential perp. She is not a victim. She was a person attempting to do bodily harm. To me, MOO that is very very clear. If she was doing it for a tic tok, that was a very very bad decision and LE should not MOO have to even consider such a situation in these few seconds.

And then, working backwards, there could be an innocent person who prior did something illegal if that makes sense. In other words, Pink "could have been" a victim of stabbing, but could be arrested for something else 10 minutes prior? Whether working backwards for 10 minutes, or for longer. Is it mitigating to avoid a potential charge (is this why pink family hasn't spoken out)..

I just don't know,but I do agree start with the stabbing attempt that he walked up on, then walk backwards. Heck, we even saw Charles McMillaim in the GF case was approached hours afterwards (assumption due to it was brought up in trial)... and he gave his first name, but didn't want to give his last name as he was concerned about being arrested.

In this case, what perplexes me, is that I have not see one MSM discussing thanks to LE for saving the deadly actions to LE that she, "Pink", was saved from being stabbed? Blows my mind.

No one is talking. Pink is not talking. It makes me wonder why.

Last edited:
@Kakidoll, Understood as to the complexities of who is the "innocent person" as you say.

For this situation, and many others... it is at the exact moment of the last crime/death. Ma'khia is potential perp. She is not a victim. She was a person attempting to do bodily harm. To me, MOO that is very very clear. If she was doing it for a tic tok, that was a very very bad decision and LE should not MOO have to even consider such a situation in these few seconds.

And then, working backwards, there could be an innocent person who prior did something illegal if that makes sense. In other words, Pink "could have been" a victim of stabbing, but could be arrested for something else 10 minutes prior? Whether working backwards for 10 minutes, or for longer. Is it mitigating to avoid a potential charge (is this why pink family hasn't spoken out)..

I just don't know,but I do agree start with the stabbing attempt that he walked up on, then walk backwards. Heck, we even saw Charles McMillaim in the GF case was approached hours afterwards (assumption due to it was brought up in trial)... and he gave his first name, but didn't want to give his last name as he was concerned about being arrested.

In this case, what perplexes me, is that I have not see one MSM discussing thanks to LE for saving the deadly actions to LE that she, "Pink", was saved from being stabbed? Blows my mind.

No one is talking. Pink is not talking. It makes me wonder why.
Bryant's family and others are portraying the 2 foster daughters as bullies and her as the victim.I'm wondering if they are scared to go public and afraid people will blame them.

I think that MB never stood a chance to not be both a victim and a perpetrator. I have been tediously googling all of the known names of the characters in this sad story. Trying to figure out connections to each other. As I said, it's a sad, repetitive story.
I'm not confident that we will learn much from the official BCI investigation. I think that it's fairly clear that Reardon's action was justified by the video evidence. The only way we may get more information is if other persons are charged in relation to the assault by MB. If she was encouraged by her father and assisted by her father, as it seems, to assault with a deadly weapon, he could possibly be looking at charges. He may have been detained, we don't know. The victims of the assault as far as I know, have clammed up, which is the wise thing to do. Anyone who was not there to witness the assault has no business story-telling about it. JMO

I think the questions asked of sillybilly are very good questions. I hope SB does clarify for all of us because it's getting harder, and harder to know where the lines are now.

What it does show more than anything it's more important than ever to base each case differently because each one may have stark differences.

As an aside:

I read another article yesterday about another officer involved shooting during a traffic stop. The car had a stolen tag on it. The driver was compliant, and cooperated fully. The passenger however got out, and tried to attack the officer with not one, BUT TWO foot long knives before being shot.

Who in the hell rides around with two long butcher knives?

But then who rides around wearing body armor, and purposefully rams a police car? That happened too. Grandma was kind enough to create a new thread for us on that case.

Is this a glimpse for what is to come for officers where many vehicles stopped for some kind of traffic violation will already have deadly weapons even bottles of acid in their vehicles in case they are stopped?

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member